Groups

way hay...ive got an interview!!

Been unemployed since january and I have been applying for a lot of jobs, received a phone call to say that i have an interview on monday! its a higher education funding council and I really want the job.

just really nervous now for the interview and board of 3 people!!

37 Comments

Good luck

Oh thats wonderful!! I am so pleased for you.

My son has been out of work almost a year now after being made redundant, its so wonderful you've got an interview for something you'd like to do.

Don't be nervous, nothing ventured, nothing gained x x x

all the best! let us know how you get on

Original Poster

I was pretty nervous thinking the interview would be with one person, received the letter this morning and it states there will be three people on the board.

Good luck - I know how hard it can be

Knock em dead - well not dead, but you know what I mean lol

well done and good luck. I also found out I have a job interview today!!

Original Poster

its the first interview from about 60 applications. im not getting my hopes up to much in a "im going to get it kind of way"

Good luck to you and sheep87 also

brettytopbanana;5012997

I was pretty nervous thinking the interview would be with one person, … I was pretty nervous thinking the interview would be with one person, received the letter this morning and it states there will be three people on the board.

It's okay.. they will just all be there for a slightly different reason, I'm sure they will introduce themselves and explain what they are there for. You'll move mountains, in the words of the great Dr Seuse :

Somehow you’ll escape
    all that waiting and staying.
    You’ll find the bright places
    where Boom Bands are playing.
    With banner flip-flapping,
    once more you’ll ride high!
    Ready for anything under the sky.

Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
    And never mix up your right foot with your left.
    And will you succeed?
    Yes! You will, indeed!
    (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
    KID, YOU’LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

Good luck to you, just do your best

Sheep87;5013001

well done and good luck. I also found out I have a job interview today!!

Good luck hon x x x

Original Poster

Thanks very much!

brettytopbanana;5013028

its the first interview from about 60 applications. im not getting my … its the first interview from about 60 applications. im not getting my hopes up to much in a "im going to get it kind of way"

just go along and enjoy the ride...

it's an opportunity!

Original Poster

also congrats to sheep!

way haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Original Poster

i might have a drink tonight to celebrate but then again i have to be up early to be down the job centre for 9 am for my 13 week interview lol!

best of luck, let us know how you get on

JAYKAY72;5013045

Good luck to you and sheep87 also

ClarityofMind;5013079

Good luck hon x x x

brettytopbanana;5013101

also congrats to sheep!

Thanks you all!! :-D

Sheep87;5013501

Thanks you all!! :-D

You're welcome. Let us know how you do!!

Banned

good luck to bretty and sheep xxx

Make lots of eye contact with all three interviewers, exude confidence, do your research into the employer and job description, have a list of good questions on a piece of paper if necessary.

Good luck.

?suspended?

hope you get the job maybe if your suspensions not for too long you can let us know how you got on x

Original Poster

yes i was suspended for to many bumps on a thread where i was selling something!lol

I have the interview today at 1pm and it is fair to say that I am bricking it!

lol good luck ;-)

Good luck with the interview :thumbsup:

Good luck mate, I had an interview with 3 people last week, You will be nervous before you go in, Once in you will be fine.

Best of luck

Good luck hun, let us know how it goes:thumbsup:

how did it go mate?

Original Poster

it went well I was in the a little less time than i wanted but i answered everything the best i could, made them laugh and was honest. Very nervous though and a very dry mouth!

at the end when they asked if i had any questions I asked " how long had they all been working there and if they really enjoyed it". They all commented on how great a question it was and really swung things around a little.

If i am successful i will find out on friday

So fingers crossed.

Hope yours went well mate!

brettytopbanana;5048928

it went well I was in the a little less time than i wanted but i answered … it went well I was in the a little less time than i wanted but i answered everything the best i could, made them laugh and was honest. Very nervous though and a very dry mouth!at the end when they asked if i had any questions I asked " how long had they all been working there and if they really enjoyed it". They all commented on how great a question it was and really swung things around a little.If i am successful i will find out on fridaySo fingers crossed.Hope yours went well mate!

good question I like that! I may steal that one for mine. Mine isnt for a while, Im still waiting for a date, so a bit more time to prepare. Im going to have to take a bottle of water in with me as i always get a dry mouth!

Original Poster

They offered me water but i stupidly turned it down worried that i would dribble or spill it over me!

brettytopbanana;5049999

They offered me water but i stupidly turned it down worried that i would … They offered me water but i stupidly turned it down worried that i would dribble or spill it over me!

amateur mistake! when do you find out?

Original Poster

I find out on friday.

brettytopbanana;5049999

They offered me water but i stupidly turned it down worried that i would … They offered me water but i stupidly turned it down worried that i would dribble or spill it over me!

I was the same, Used to turn it down.

Ive two interviews recently and both i have asked for water to go in with.

Original Poster

Well i still have not heard anything so it looks as though i was not successful!

brettytopbanana;5091161

Well i still have not heard anything so it looks as though i was not … Well i still have not heard anything so it looks as though i was not successful!

dont let it worry you sweetie, just keep on trying. you'll get there eventually...

whats more, its friday, its sunny and yay its the weekend x x x

Know how you feel! Trawling through the jobsites myself at the moment having been made redundant a couple of weeks ago!!!

Chin up though. Something will come along when you are least expecting it!

Hope you find a job soon!
    XX
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …268914
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764562
      3. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1231
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416714128

See more discussions