Groups

Wayne Bridge Asks Not To Be Selected For World Cup Squad

Warnock or Baines anyone?

Wayne Bridge has declared his position in the England football squad is "untenable and potentially divisive" after a sex scandal involving teammate John Terry.
    Manchester City defender Bridge released a short statement claiming that he did not wish to be selected.

60 Comments

Banned

What a little baby.

Man Up.

bet john terry really feels like a tool now.

good stuff, with a bit of luck terry also had a shot at colleen rooney. here's hoping.

Banned

Good result to be honest. He's pants.

Gutted for him, just goes to show how much this has affected him.

It was never going to be a him or me scenario as he knew Terry would be chosen over him

Banned

Team player Wayne .. terry .. total tool

ants97;7946982

good stuff, with a bit of luck terry also had a shot at colleen rooney. … good stuff, with a bit of luck terry also had a shot at colleen rooney. here's hoping.

Guessing your not an england fan then lol

Fair play to him he knew it was be a constant issue during the world cup so did what he thought was best for the team. Never rated him anyway.

Think that Ashley Cole will be fit for world cup but if not I think that Warnock (not Neil) should play (although if Cole isnt fit Baines will be in squad also)

wasteman

The decision was made in spite of Capello ringing Bridge to inform him that John Terry had lost his Captain's armband . . . . . apparently, asking Bridge to look for it under the bed was the last straw!!

Banned

I would like to declare myself non-selectable for this world cup too

Bill de Sarce;7947010

The decision was made in spite of Capello ringing Bridge to inform him … The decision was made in spite of Capello ringing Bridge to inform him that John Terry had lost his Captain's armband . . . . . apparently, asking Bridge to look for it under the bed was the last straw!!

:lol:

Banned

lumoruk;7947012

I would like to declare myself non-selectable for this world cup too:lol:

wife wont let you out ?

Banned

dog_cop;7946994

Harsh. Terry was just being a team playa!

Banned

dog_cop;7946994

Still bitter that he didn't join you in the summer:cry:

Hopefully Cole is fit in time for the summer - so far above any other left-back in this country that we can't be without him.

Banned

guv;7947038

Harsh. Terry was just being a team playa!

yeah and I bet most of the other players will be keeping a beady eye on him in case he tries slip his tackle elsewhere during the trip away ... and yes he is still a tool

Banned

dog_cop;7947054

yeah and I bet most of the other players will be keeping a beady eye on … yeah and I bet most of the other players will be keeping a beady eye on him in case he tries slip his tackle elsewhere during the trip away ... and yes he is still a tool

Relax. The stories are already out stating he was rubbish.

Banned

guv;7947071

Relax. The stories are already out stating he was rubbish.

yeah no doubt .. but once a tool always a tool :roll:

Banned

dog_cop;7947022

wife wont let you out ?

No I've got my PAT assessment coming up :thumbsup:

Banned

lumoruk;7947093

No I've got my PAT assessment coming up :thumbsup:

http://www.petsastherapy.org/images/Homepage/PATLogoHome.gif

Banned

dog_cop;7947110

[IMG]]

haha er yeah

"untenable and potentially divisive"

Sounds like its clashes with his Countdown appearance thb

Banned

I'm so looking forward to a bit of argy bargy this weekend. Is Bridge likely to be selected?

Banned

guv;7947147

I'm so looking forward to a bit of argy bargy this weekend. Is Bridge … I'm so looking forward to a bit of argy bargy this weekend. Is Bridge likely to be selected?

I hope so, as for argy bargy , I doubt that another defeat for City as the season fizzles out.. so much promise but yet again nothing to show for it .. mmm seems familiar scenario.. for the last 40 yrs.... ah well hope springs eternal and all that

Banned

guv;7947147

I'm so looking forward to a bit of argy bargy this weekend. Is Bridge … I'm so looking forward to a bit of argy bargy this weekend. Is Bridge likely to be selected?

Probably - Paddy Power must be offering odds on him breaking down in tears within the first half.

Banned

http://www.evertondaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/leighton-baines001.jpg

http://img.skysports.com/09/02/218x298/StephenWarnock_1864371.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00789/john_terry113afp_789999c.jpg

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/jan2010/2/2/wayne-bridge-pic-getty-160997360.jpg

Wayne Bridge should do all City fans a favour and ask not to be selected for Man City

Looks like JT's got his sights on someone else's missus...

http://i48.tinypic.com/2nu3gqg.jpg

DMcG1873;7948774

Looks like JT's got his sights on someone else's missus...

lol quality

where was this?

I see wayne bridge refuses to play for england whilst terry remains captain. Let's hope he s***s emile heskeys missus before the summer

Bill de Sarce;7949016

I see wayne bridge refuses to play for england whilst terry remains … I see wayne bridge refuses to play for england whilst terry remains captain. Let's hope he s***s emile heskeys missus before the summer

[COLOR="Red"]Terry's not the captain.

HTH.[/COLOR]

Bill de Sarce;7949016

I see wayne bridge refuses to play for england whilst terry remains … I see wayne bridge refuses to play for england whilst terry remains captain. Let's hope he s***s emile heskeys missus before the summer

If you're going to re-use an old sickipedia joke, at least amend it so it's accurate :thumbsup:

The JFK;7949042

[COLOR="Red"]Terry's not the captain.HTH.[/COLOR]

if you plauyed left back you would have g8 chance m8

Bridge should man up. Hopefully ashley cole will be back soon (never thought id ever say that) but atm he seems to be trying his best to not be in the team

Banned

Just thought - this is great news for Chelsea fans.

Can't think Man City will try and sign Terry in the summer now.

Think Bridge will end up regretting this. He has a chance to play himself into the side for a world cup England have a realistic chance of winning.

Just shows the character of the man.

Banned

Rodent;7949159

if you plauyed left back you would have g8 chance m8

Then we could officially call you a WAG. (Seriously)

The entire Birmingham squad have requested that they dont get a call up and Cappello has been happy to oblige.

Banned

iNSOMANiAC;7949494

The entire Birmingham squad have requested that they dont get a call up … The entire Birmingham squad have requested that they dont get a call up and Cappello has been happy to oblige.

Banned

I think he has cut his nose off to spite his face tbh, how stupid.

Think he's done what's right for him should of been terry the ring-piece though
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?23
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047150
      3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1129
      4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66

See more discussions