Groups

Wayne Rooney

just wondering how on earth poor Wayne is going to manage on £150,000 a week at Everton?

13 Comments

Probably okay

I hate posts like this, film stars earn so much more money then footballers but for some reason that's not an issue. Doesn't Penny from big bang earn like a million per episode... how will she manage... SMH

He's not.
    United are paying him £150k a week too.
    For 2years.
    So they got his 3yr 300k a week contract, that he had left, down to 2yrs at 150k a week.
    Good business for them.
    Edited by: "Goshie" 9th Jul

Goshie

He's not.United are paying him £150k a week too.For 2years.So they got … He's not.United are paying him £150k a week too.For 2years.So they got his 3yr 300k a week contract, that he had left, down to 2yrs at 150k a week.Good business for them.

I suppose you're right.
    Ignoring tax - if we paid him 300k a week for the next 3 years (2 years remaining plus 1 year extension) it would be over £45M.

Compared to £15.6M from the 150k a week for 2 years.

It would take a really high transfer fee to make up that difference and would be nigh on impossible considering his age.

Also, no one would have took him on a free and pay his wage demands so it was probably the only solution. We're just lucky Everton are willing to stump up 150k a week for him. He's not worth that a week lol

He really is a bargain.
    His marketing appeal is massive, he will be reborn playing for a club full of fans he loves and want him.

Amazing signing for Everton. 31 is not old.

Edtrix

Must really be a true everton fan to screw them out of so much money when … Must really be a true everton fan to screw them out of so much money when hes already a multi millionaire!! greedy c***

Once a blue always a blue X)
    Edited by moderator: "removed swear" 9th Jul

more reasonably priced massages parlours?

Chiptivo

He really is a bargain. His marketing appeal is massive, he will be … He really is a bargain. His marketing appeal is massive, he will be reborn playing for a club full of fans he loves and want him. Amazing signing for Everton. 31 is not old.

Plus, he's going to have to work incredibly hard to forces his way back into contention for the Euro's next season - I can foresee a good season ahead for both Everton and Mr Rooney.

dtovey89

I suppose you're right. Ignoring tax - if we paid him 300k a week for the … I suppose you're right. Ignoring tax - if we paid him 300k a week for the next 3 years (2 years remaining plus 1 year extension) it would be over £45M.Compared to £15.6M from the 150k a week for 2 years. It would take a really high transfer fee to make up that difference and would be nigh on impossible considering his age. Also, no one would have took him on a free and pay his wage demands so it was probably the only solution. We're just lucky Everton are willing to stump up 150k a week for him. He's not worth that a week lol

I think Everton are going to get better value per week @ £150k over the next 2 years than Man U lol

OllieSt

I think Everton are going to get better value per week @ £150k over the … I think Everton are going to get better value per week @ £150k over the next 2 years than Man U lol

Yes but we were going to have to pay 300k for possibly 3 years so it's not that bad.

Other than shirt sales and dressing room experience I'm not sure why Koeman bought him. Rooney hasn't done anything of note for the last few years - he is literally a completely different player. Lack of vision, no pace, always dropping back.

A much wiser decision would have been Gylfi from Swansea. Yeah he would cost 25-30M but his wages would be under 75k a week, he's only 27, and has been one of the better players over the last two seasons.

Oh well
    Edited by: "dtovey89" 9th Jul

Just for fun - not interested in any Billy Bigballs-ing - Rooney or Lukaku to score more PL goals next season? I'm going to go with the outsider and say Rooney for reasons stated on the Lukaku thread...that and the fact that Lukaku may start the season in jail
    Edited by: "fivegoldstars" 9th Jul

dtovey89

Yes but we were going to have to pay 300k for possibly 3 years so it's … Yes but we were going to have to pay 300k for possibly 3 years so it's not that bad. Other than shirt sales and dressing room experience I'm not sure why Koeman bought him. Rooney hasn't done anything of note for the last few years - he is literally a completely different player. Lack of vision, no pace, always dropping back. A much wiser decision would have been Gylfi from Swansea. Yeah he would cost 25-30M but his wages would be under 75k a week, he's only 27, and has been one of the better players over the last two seasons. Oh well

I agree. His last deal with Man U was plain crazy. Obviously a quality player in the past, the one thing that was always in Rooney's favour was that he is English. He was the best we had for a very long time and that put him on a pedestal where imho he didn't belong. I suppose good luck to him for negotiating such a great deal from ManU but well past he sell by date even then. You most certainly won't miss him, I shuddered when JT played over the last 18-24 months. Pretty much a liability.
    Edited by: "OllieSt" 9th Jul

OllieSt

I agree. His last deal with Man U was plain crazy. Obviously a quality … I agree. His last deal with Man U was plain crazy. Obviously a quality player in the past, the one thing that was always in Rooney's favour was that he is English. He was the best we had for a very long time and that put him on a pedestal where imho he didn't belong. I suppose good luck to him for negotiating such a great deal from ManU but well past he sell by date even then. You most certainly won't miss him, I shuddered when JT played over the last 18-24 months. Pretty much a liability.

Yeah every player has their day and Rooney's was years ago. He peaked younger than most so at 27 was like a 32 year old.

There are obviously exceptions such as Ibra and I reckon Ronaldo will be another but 99% decline quick.

Rooney has done well to go to Everton. If I was an Evertonian I wouldn't be that impressed.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Minecraft Xbox One S Leaked33
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial712
      3. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay716
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764336

See more discussions