Wayne Rooney to be axed as England captain due to disobeying Southgate

79 replies
Found 17th Nov 2016
Wayne Rooney to be axed as England captain

1. Misc
  2. England
79 Comments

Banned

Please archer can I have some more? (ie link please)

YouDontWantToKnow

[ google.com ]

You're welcome.

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

I am on a train back from London so internet intermittent but will try just for you its a very wobbly trrain

fanpages

[ http://google.com ]You're welcome.

thx

Banned

fanpages

[ http://google.com ]You're welcome.

Nope. Just comes up blank

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

Nope. Just comes up blank

Try here this was the state he was in one girl was wearing his England shirt google.co.uk/amp…lge

Original Poster

Personally its an easy excuse for England to drop him

Banned

archer1204

Try here this was the state he was in one girl was wearing his England … Try here this was the state he was in one girl was wearing his England shirt https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2208496/wayne-rooney-england-captain-drunk-wedding-photos-axed-captaincy-manchester-united/amp/?client=ms-android-lge

He wasnt even on the line up this week.. He can do what he wants, including getting drunk & wearing womens underwear if he chooses.

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

He wasnt even on the line up this week.. He can do what he wants, … He wasnt even on the line up this week.. He can do what he wants, including getting drunk & wearing womens underwear if he chooses.

Yes but he didn't follow the orders of the boss

Banned

archer1204

Yes but he didn't follow the orders of the boss

So what?

Southgate cant say to Rooney "Oh we are leaving you out of the squad next week but I want you to be in bed by 6.30pm"

Southgate is probably annoyed because his chosen team blew a good lead over a very good team... Talk about toys out of a pram.
Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 18th Nov 2016

Please begin your threads by quoting the story you wish to discuss or providing a link to read the article which you have sourced when making your threads (better yet, do both).

Edited by: "RossD89" 18th Nov 2016

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

So what? Southgate cant say to Rooney "Oh we are leaving you out of the … So what? Southgate cant say to Rooney "Oh we are leaving you out of the squad next week but I want you to be in bed by 6.30pm"

Lol don't tell me its Southgate you want to tell but it was 5am

Banned

archer1204

Lol don't tell me its Southgate you want to tell but it was 5am

If I have no work for a week I will go to sleep whenever I bloody well feel like. As for alcohol & partying? All the better..

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

If I have no work for a week I will go to sleep whenever I bloody well … If I have no work for a week I will go to sleep whenever I bloody well feel like. As for alcohol & partying? All the better..

Yes but you don't have South gate as a boss

Banned

archer1204

Yes but you don't have South gate as a boss

He can f off then. The bloke has already given the FA a deadline to declare him the new manager!

Yep, I like him but he is taking the mick already!

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

He can f off then. The bloke has already given the FA a deadline to … He can f off then. The bloke has already given the FA a deadline to declare him the new manager!Yep, I like him but he is taking the mick already!

Looks like Rooney maybe going to LAgalaxy that is only supposition but with certain players coming back Gerrard possibly managing mk dons etc
express.co.uk/spo…ing

Edited by: "archer1204" 18th Nov 2016

YouDontWantToKnow

He wasnt even on the line up this week.. He can do what he wants, … He wasnt even on the line up this week.. He can do what he wants, including getting drunk & wearing womens underwear if he chooses.

I'm quite sure that everybody in the squad would be expected to be fit and able to play if called upon whether they are in the starting XI or not.
Edited by: "RossD89" 18th Nov 2016

Banned

RossD89

I'm quite sure that everybody in the squad would be expected to be fit … I'm quite sure that everybody in the squad would be expected to be fit and able to play if called upon whether they are in the starting XI or not.

He wasnt picked for anything. He was left out of a 20 man squad not just the starting 11.

YouDontWantToKnow

He wasnt picked for anything. He was left out of a 20 man squad not just … He wasnt picked for anything. He was left out of a 20 man squad not just the starting 11.

Ooh okay. I didn't know that. Then why is it an issue with Southgate?

Convenient excuse, maybe?

Banned

RossD89

Ooh okay. I didn't know that. Then why is it an issue with … Ooh okay. I didn't know that. Then why is it an issue with Southgate?Convenient excuse, maybe?

Lol

You are told you are left out of the squad... You do whatever you want. Its not the slave trade

YouDontWantToKnow

He wasnt picked for anything. He was left out of a 20 man squad not just … He wasnt picked for anything. He was left out of a 20 man squad not just the starting 11.

RossD89

Ooh okay. I didn't know that. Then why is it an issue with … Ooh okay. I didn't know that. Then why is it an issue with Southgate?Convenient excuse, maybe?

YouDontWantToKnow

LolYou are told you are left out of the squad... You do whatever you … LolYou are told you are left out of the squad... You do whatever you want. Its not the slave trade

Happy to be corrected if wrong, but your chronology seems a bit off. Multiple reports seem to say he pulled out with a 'knee' injury after the weekend.

Banned

Saturn

Happy to be corrected if wrong, but your chronology seems a bit off. … Happy to be corrected if wrong, but your chronology seems a bit off. Multiple reports seem to say he pulled out with a 'knee' injury after the weekend.

I maybe stand corrected on an "incident" date.

But the fact is... He wasnt picked for the squad & can do what he likes after that point

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

I maybe stand corrected on an "incident" date. But the fact is... He … I maybe stand corrected on an "incident" date. But the fact is... He wasnt picked for the squad & can do what he likes after that point

Also just found out he was supposed to be at training at 2pm the next day

YouDontWantToKnow

I maybe stand corrected on an "incident" date. But the fact is... He … I maybe stand corrected on an "incident" date. But the fact is... He wasnt picked for the squad & can do what he likes after that point

From what I can see, he was in the squad when the incident took place, and was omitted after defying Southgate's request to set the example of a 'Captain'.

Banned

archer1204

Also just found out he was supposed to be at training at 2pm the next day

After getting wasted or after not being picked?

If it after not getting picked then fair play to the man! If not then I cover my head in shame....

Banned

Saturn

From what I can see, he was in the squad when the incident took place, … From what I can see, he was in the squad when the incident took place, and was omitted after defying Southgate's request to set the example of a 'Captain'.

That is not really fair because Southgate never named his squad until Monday. I guess Rooney has had enough of being on the bench & booed by the England crowds (as he has been for the last few months).. Cant blame him myself. The most successful goalscorer ever & gets abuse from his own supporters. I was at the Malta game & the treatment towards him was awful.

YouDontWantToKnow

YouDontWantToKnow

So what? Southgate cant say to Rooney "Oh we are leaving you out of the … So what? Southgate cant say to Rooney "Oh we are leaving you out of the squad next week but I want you to be in bed by 6.30pm"Southgate is probably annoyed because his chosen team blew a good lead over a very good team... Talk about toys out of a pram.

YouDontWantToKnow

If I have no work for a week I will go to sleep whenever I bloody well … If I have no work for a week I will go to sleep whenever I bloody well feel like. As for alcohol & partying? All the better..

YouDontWantToKnow

He can f off then. The bloke has already given the FA a deadline to … He can f off then. The bloke has already given the FA a deadline to declare him the new manager!Yep, I like him but he is taking the mick already!

YouDontWantToKnow

YouDontWantToKnow

LolYou are told you are left out of the squad... You do whatever you … LolYou are told you are left out of the squad... You do whatever you want. Its not the slave trade

YouDontWantToKnow

That is not really fair because Southgate never named his squad until … That is not really fair because Southgate never named his squad until Monday. I guess Rooney has had enough of being on the bench & booed by the England crowds (as he has been for the last few months).. Cant blame him myself. The most successful goalscorer ever & gets abuse from his own supporters. I was at the Malta game & the treatment towards him was awful.

Just responding to the earlier posts really. I think you are making a different point now, but not entirely sure if it is any more valid for an England international captain.

Banned

Saturn

Just responding to the earlier posts really. I think you are making a … Just responding to the earlier posts really. I think you are making a different point now, but not entirely sure if it is any more valid for an England international captain.

I am just responding to what you are saying. You are saying he wasnt picked because of his actions.. I doubt that. His actions were probably a result of not being picked. Or do you think Southgate just rings people up the day before a match & says "come on man we need you"?

The game was Tuesday (I went) & Southgate (or any manager) would have decided on their squad the week before.

YouDontWantToKnow

I am just responding to what you are saying. You are saying he wasnt … I am just responding to what you are saying. You are saying he wasnt picked because of his actions.. I doubt that. His actions were probably a result of not being picked. Or do you think Southgate just rings people up the day before a match & says "come on man we need you"?The game was Tuesday (I went) & Southgate (or any manager) would have decided on their squad the week before.

You clearly have an interest in football, so surely you know how international squads work in back to back fixtures.

Southgate picked one squad for the Scotland and Spain games.

Rooney acted unprofessionally between matches - whilst still a part of the squad.

A 'knee' injury on Monday was used an excuse as they awaited the fall out of what hotel footage was going to be in the press.

It might just be easier to say 'I just got this wrong'.

Banned

Saturn

You clearly have an interest in football, so surely you know how … You clearly have an interest in football, so surely you know how international squads work in back to back fixtures. :|Southgate picked one squad for the Scotland and Spain games.Rooney acted unprofessionally between matches - whilst still a part of the squad. A 'knee' injury on Monday was used an excuse as they awaited the fall out of what hotel footage was going to be in the press.It might just be easier to say 'I just got this wrong'.

No mate. I dont know the facts & neither do you.

& the squad for a friendly game would be historically different to a qualifier.

& in case you havent noticed Southgate is flexing his muscles & has already given the FA a deadline on making him manager.

& with the crowd & the majority of the press believing Rooney is finished then what do you think Southgates opinion is & what his conversations were?

A tad naive me thinks Saturn.

YouDontWantToKnow

No mate. I dont know the facts & neither do you. & the squad for a … No mate. I dont know the facts & neither do you. & the squad for a friendly game would be historically different to a qualifier. & in case you havent noticed Southgate is flexing his muscles & has already given the FA a deadline on making him manager. & with the crowd & the majority of the press believing Rooney is finished then what do you think Southgates opinion is & what his conversations were? A tad naive me thinks Saturn.

Probably best to let others judge this if they can be bothered in the morning. Have a terrible feeling that you have provided Dyslexic_Dog with an easy link.

YouDontWantToKnow

Link for you mate. So they drank until 5 in the morning. The day before … Link for you mate. So they drank until 5 in the morning. The day before Southgate had no call on them as they were not on duty

I have now lost track of exactly what argument you are trying to make after so many different angles. Try again in the morning after a bit of sleep. Night.

archer1204

Subject of thread.Wayne Rooney to be axed as England captain due to … Subject of thread.Wayne Rooney to be axed as England captain due to disobeying Southgate

Banned

Saturn

I have now lost track of exactly what argument you are trying to make … I have now lost track of exactly what argument you are trying to make after so many different angles. Try again in the morning after a bit of sleep. Night.

Night

You little pleasure of HUKDs

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

Night You little pleasure of HUKDs

Good night [img]cdn.boldomatic.com/con…kup?mockup=B-TPPR-PST16-N-m2&key=post-pdfs/462002-fc67c58cd3d7300a67a84a4deb28be493461ea0e6eb4d1fc0ccaa4db9e5b0dfd.pdf&width=300&format=jpg&quality=95&design=original&color=white[/img]

Banned

Saturn

Wayne Rooney to be axed as England captain due to disobeying Southgate

Here is another headline for you.

The whole of the England squad involved in the Scotland game including … The whole of the England squad involved in the Scotland game including the England management.. Gatecrash a private wedding resulting in the team captain drinking until the early hours celebrating the victory with his team mates & the newlyweds & their family & friends

Please pick out the errors...

How about this quote

it was a day off for the whole squad and staff

Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 18th Nov 2016

rooney looks better with hair

How had a thread like this turned into an argument?

Oh wait Saturn and Youdontwanttoknow.

You're right I really don't want to know.

It's all being blown out of proportion, So what if Rooney had one too many, he was celebrating, I wouldn't want to take orders from Southgate either tbh, I'll never forgive him for that penalty.

I'm sure he would have had time to sober up and train etc.. Some of the England staff were with him too, he wasn't the only player who got smashed either.

shauneco

I wouldn't want to take orders from Southgate either tbh, I'll never … I wouldn't want to take orders from Southgate either tbh, I'll never forgive him for that penalty.

You wouldn't respect your manager?
I rate Southgate.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Urgent help needed with travel agent55
    2. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22
    3. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33
    4. Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop33

See more discussions