Groups

We all love a debate, is this actually the case or not?

I would like to make a suggestion; perhaps people who like to debate should consider using the MSE forum designed for it, or HUKD add a tab for it.

Misconstrued deabtes are seemingly starting to swarm HUKD.

People like MSE debates because they know what they are and what to expect.

18 Comments

I like to debate often, I would say that I'm a master debator.

Original Poster

Strobe lights;2811565

lou whats brought this on?

well i have done some thinking

Banned

i this another debate thread?

Banned

I think it would be a good idea

Original Poster

ODB_69;2811585

I think it would be a good idea

yay :-D

Debate is surely the generous word for an arguement (sometimes!)

I have no problems with debates but I do have to say ever other forum i've ever been on has a seperate forum for it. all with the rule - what happens in the debate forum stays in the debate forum.

That way it can get as messy as you like but once you leave it everyone is still friends. Its worked really really well on other sites and saves bad feeling in the general area. Also that way you know exactly what your getting into

Original Poster

yes aquatic your right and some love a good one, but surely there is a correct place for such?

Banned

What's MSE?

Original Poster

was there a debate tab then? i dont recall?

yes Jen you are thinking alone the lines

im glad i had the genious idea now

sorry deleted my post, misread what you said.

I doubt it will happen, there has already been a few posts in the feedback to spilt he misc in two, with no success.

jennybubbles;2812212

I have no problems with debates but I do have to say ever other forum … I have no problems with debates but I do have to say ever other forum i've ever been on has a seperate forum for it. all with the rule - what happens in the debate forum stays in the debate forum.That way it can get as messy as you like but once you leave it everyone is still friends. Its worked really really well on other sites and saves bad feeling in the general area. Also that way you know exactly what your getting into

It sounds like a good idea in theory but in practice I don't know if it would work here, there are far too many ego's to allow it imo

Hmm... a bit like the special park that the Chinese authorities set up for protests? :lol:

Great idea stop people moaning about being bullied when they post ridiculous things on a public forum and expect it to be all rosy :thumbsup:

Banned

kungfu;2812425

Great idea stop people moaning about being bullied when they post … Great idea stop people moaning about being bullied when they post ridiculous things on a public forum and expect it to be all rosy :thumbsup:

Agreed:thumbsup:

spammed

this should be in feedback.

Original Poster

surprise

loupomm;2812217

yes aquatic your right and some love a good one, but surely there is a … yes aquatic your right and some love a good one, but surely there is a correct place for such?

definately!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1828
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047107
      3. Has anyone purchased tickets from ViaGoGo or Seatwave? 138255
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927359

See more discussions