We are coming up to the 20th anniversary of the death of Dianna Princess of wales

Found 28th Aug 2017
What are your memories?
where were you when you heard the news

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

miles1363 m ago

the night it happend I had a large party at my house,

Somewhat insensitive.
Edited by: "Splashmo" 28th Aug 2017

Graham197912 m ago

You asked the public or did you watch the morons sleeping outside …You asked the public or did you watch the morons sleeping outside Buckingham Palace with their children "just to show their support" on the news at the time? It's where we get this idotic clapping at funerals from when the hearse drives past, people JUST HAD TO BE INVOLVED!

I think we should all aspire to one day be as happy as Graham.

miikeyblue6 m ago

As well as working on charities such as AIDS she lent her name to the …As well as working on charities such as AIDS she lent her name to the campaign to ban landmines. Her personal support is said to have been a significant factor in encouraging Britain and then other countries to support the Ottawa Treaty which sought to introduce a ban on the use of anti – personnel landmines. When Robin Cook brought the second reading of the landmines bill to the house in 1998 he made a point of paying tribute to the contribution of Princess Diana.A truly awful person

Only snowflakes want rid of landmines. Real working class people just walk through them.

The day she passed , I was due to take part in a parade with my youth club, I was really young so wasn't really affected however on the day of her funeral, My Dad came to see me to tell me my Grandfather had passed away, it's been 20 years and I still remember it like yesterday
Edited by: "Mandz27" 28th Aug 2017
113 Comments

Original Poster

the night it happend I had a large party at my house, went to bed at 3 :30 am, when I got up around 10am the house was a tip, so I started to clean, when I finishes around 12, I rang my Mother to see what time lunch would be ready, she said "have you heard the news Princess Dianna has died" I laughed and said who told you that? she said it was on the news, I said it will be wrong do not worry.

miles1363 m ago

the night it happend I had a large party at my house,

Somewhat insensitive.
Edited by: "Splashmo" 28th Aug 2017

The news interrupted a movie I was watching at my grans house.

"What are your memories?
where were you when you heard the news"

Said the policeman.

Is anyone going to admit to being on a driving holiday in France?

Too soon?

Never met her so no memories.
Ermmm i was watching the news on tv.

We stopped off to get fuel before heading back through the channel tunnel and it was in the morning papers at the fuel station. Was 9 at the time and had very little idea of who she was. I do remember that when we got to the tunnel someone handed my mum some information about winning a holiday and we ended up winning a holiday to Mallorca.

MIDURIX46 m ago

We stopped off to get fuel before heading back through the channel tunnel …We stopped off to get fuel before heading back through the channel tunnel and it was in the morning papers at the fuel station. Was 9 at the time and had very little idea of who she was. I do remember that when we got to the tunnel someone handed my mum some information about winning a holiday and we ended up winning a holiday to Mallorca.

sounds like your mums cover story for her role as royal family assassin was working well, who was the next hit in Mallorca?

I'd been out the Saturday night before till the early hours getting skulled. I remember waking up because the house phone was ringing incessantly, I was rough and as hungover as a Wolverine so eventually the spinning subsided enough to stagger to the phone.
It was my brother, historically the spectre of bad tidings, and he told me what had happened.
Still remember being shocked beyond comprehension.

The day she passed , I was due to take part in a parade with my youth club, I was really young so wasn't really affected however on the day of her funeral, My Dad came to see me to tell me my Grandfather had passed away, it's been 20 years and I still remember it like yesterday
Edited by: "Mandz27" 28th Aug 2017

I remember the tears of nation.
The only person I've never met that bought me to a tear.

my husband came and woke me up early morning and told me , we sat watching the news for hours

CoeK4 h, 13 m ago

The news interrupted a movie I was watching at my grans house.

You were watching Debbie Does Dallas at your grans house?

Joey.Bloggsy1 h, 54 m ago

I remember the tears of nation.The only person I've never met that bought …I remember the tears of nation.The only person I've never met that bought me to a tear.

Tears of the nation pffft!

Most people realistically didn't care just wanted a day off work. You get the royal family lovers who sat there in teats for the cameras. The woman was awful, self obsessed, playing games and in her own words "played with fire and got burned".

miles1364 h, 34 m ago

the night it happend I had a large party at my house, went to bed at 3 …the night it happend I had a large party at my house, went to bed at 3 :30 am, when I got up around 10am the house was a tip, so I started to clean, when I finishes around 12, I rang my Mother to see what time lunch would be ready, she said "have you heard the news Princess Dianna has died" I laughed and said who told you that? she said it was on the news, I said it will be wrong do not worry.

WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR DINNER? That's the most important question you sexy thing.

Graham19795 m ago

You were watching Debbie Does Dallas at your grans house?

I was 13 at the time so quite possibly.

Her death didn't affect me at all, no sadness or tears.

Graham197941 m ago

Tears of the nation pffft!Most people realistically didn't care just …Tears of the nation pffft!Most people realistically didn't care just wanted a day off work. You get the royal family lovers who sat there in teats for the cameras. The woman was awful, self obsessed, playing games and in her own words "played with fire and got burned".

That seems completely out of touch with the public mood, not like you Gray

Rom5 m ago

To be fair I don't really care about the royal family and all that stuff. But I can empathise with 2 young boys losing their mother. So although I think it is no sadder than anyone else dying at a young age that doesn't mean I didn't think it was a sad thing.

Also to have a parent die is one thing, but to have to read/see all the details for weeks afterward is another level entirely.
Edited by: "CoeK" 28th Aug 2017

CoeK13 m ago

To be fair I don't really care about the royal family and all that stuff. …To be fair I don't really care about the royal family and all that stuff. But I can empathise with 2 young boys losing their mother. So although I think it is no sadder than anyone else dying at a young age that doesn't mean I didn't think it was a sad thing.Also to have a parent die is one thing, but to have to read/see all the details for weeks afterward is another level entirely.

I'm not a big fan of the royals either but I had a major crush on Diana when I was a kid.
One of my sisters was very upset and went up to sign the book of condolence etc. Most people were a bit shell-shocked.

I didn't even find out till about half past four that afternoon. Life was so much more pleasant without social media and smart phones
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 28th Aug 2017

psychobitchfromhell2 m ago

I didn't even find out till about half past four that afternoon. Life was …I didn't even find out till about half past four that afternoon. Life was so much more pleasant with social media and smart phones

With or without?

CoeK2 m ago

With or without?

Without. My apologies

psychobitchfromhell57 s ago

Without. My apologies

Well life is always better when you are kept in the dark

CoeK3 m ago

Well life is always better when you are kept in the dark

Less complicated if nothing else.

I'd just woken up from a sleepover at a friend's when I heard the news. His mum came through and told us.

Memories of the time? The main thing that sticks in my mind is the sheer outpouring of grief from across Britain and America. It was like the Be Here Now release day of sadness, in which the entire nation, it seemed, appeared to have lost a collective limb. I remember seeing footage on TV of the release of Elton John's re-written and re-recorded Candle In The Wind with some people buying 40-odd copies, so they could give one to everyone they knew. I did watch the funeral - again, Elton sticks in mind, with his eyebrow twitching frenetically with every word of his song. The rest, not so much.

I remember the conspiracy theories, too. Some said Diana was pregnant with Dodi's baby. Others said the queen had her killed because she'd rather that than let a Muslim become part of the Royal Family. IIRC, Dodi's dad was very outspoken, although I can't remember anything he specifically said. Haven't heard anything of him in a while.

And, naturally, I remember the jokes.

The fact it is 20 years ago makes me feel incredibly old!! And that makes me feel a bit sad.....probably sadder than when it happened. I was 17 and just arrived back home from a girls holiday in Skegvegas when I heard the news. In all honesty i wasn't bothered in the slightest as I always thought she just looked a miserable woman. I remember seeing bits of the funeral and it hitting me how awful it must be for her sons though...so I did have a heart back then after all.

I wasn't even alive. 2 years later and I would have been.

I remember being forced to listen to candle in the wind every single day for the next six months on the radio in the car. Maybe longer.

I just remember wondering why people were crying and why did people leave flowers. Haven't got a heart even now 20 years later!

She's dead?

MSK.1 h, 4 m ago

I remember being forced to listen to candle in the wind every single day …I remember being forced to listen to candle in the wind every single day for the next six months on the radio in the car. Maybe longer.

Stretch limousine?

dealer10120 m ago

She's dead?

"Dianna Princess of wales"?

fanpages16 m ago

Stretch limousine?"Dianna Princess of wales"?

Just longer than a Panda.

shadey127 h, 41 m ago

Is anyone going to admit to being on a driving holiday in France?Too soon?

That's the funny thing. I was on holiday. My Dad drove a Fiat Uno (which was the worst car ever) which I believe at the time was a make and model of the suspicious car involved.

Fortunately we was in Devon, not France.
Edited by: "Gynx" 28th Aug 2017

Graham19793 h, 50 m ago

Tears of the nation pffft!Most people realistically didn't care just …Tears of the nation pffft!Most people realistically didn't care just wanted a day off work. You get the royal family lovers who sat there in teats for the cameras. The woman was awful, self obsessed, playing games and in her own words "played with fire and got burned".

I'm sure she was, by no means, flawless... but awful? That's probably a bit of an exaggeration.

Rom3 h, 32 m ago

You asked the public or did you watch the morons sleeping outside Buckingham Palace with their children "just to show their support" on the news at the time? It's where we get this idotic clapping at funerals from when the hearse drives past, people JUST HAD TO BE INVOLVED!

miikeyblue24 m ago

I'm sure she was, by no means, flawless... but awful? That's probably a …I'm sure she was, by no means, flawless... but awful? That's probably a bit of an exaggeration.

Yeah her media training for he television interview showed she was such a dignified character.

majestic20126 h, 53 m ago

I'd been out the Saturday night before till the early hours getting …I'd been out the Saturday night before till the early hours getting skulled. I remember waking up because the house phone was ringing incessantly, I was rough and as hungover as a Wolverine so eventually the spinning subsided enough to stagger to the phone.It was my brother, historically the spectre of bad tidings, and he told me what had happened.Still remember being shocked beyond comprehension.

Really? Shocked beyond comprehension somebody you never met only ever seen on TV had died in a car accident?

Graham19796 m ago

Yeah her media training for he television interview showed she was such a …Yeah her media training for he television interview showed she was such a dignified character.

As well as working on charities such as AIDS she lent her name to the campaign to ban landmines. Her personal support is said to have been a significant factor in encouraging Britain and then other countries to support the Ottawa Treaty which sought to introduce a ban on the use of anti – personnel landmines. When Robin Cook brought the second reading of the landmines bill to the house in 1998 he made a point of paying tribute to the contribution of Princess Diana.

A truly awful person
Edited by: "BeerMeister" 28th Aug 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants