We need a TV exchanging with Currys. Please advise.

19 replies
Found 5th Nov 2016
Hello all. I need some advice on what to do. We bought a UE65KS8000 Samsung TV. We have spent more than £20 already calling their customer service number and we still haven't gotten nowhere. The only thing that needs doing is planning for an exchange date, but they keep. Or having stock to do so. Has anybody encountered this problem? Should we complain? What do you think?

Many thanks

19 Comments

Have you spoken to CAB?

Hi as a former Currys manager I may be able to help but need some more info to do so, How old is the set? is it faulty?

Hi,plz share your experience that why you are disappointed as i got an eye on this tv model from last 3 months - Currys are generally very good with their customer service i found them always helpful - plz share the reason

Take it to store and refuse to leave until it's exchanged. Providing it's within the warranty and is faulty

Original Poster

Bades

Hi as a former Currys manager I may be able to help but need some more … Hi as a former Currys manager I may be able to help but need some more info to do so, How old is the set? is it faulty?

It is on its stand and it is tilted to one side. We have tried 2-3 times to re-adjust the screws but it just seems the stand is no good. The actual tv is good. We have an uplift number from Samsung but again, they say they have no stock so the can't exchange it. This is 3 15 min calls to their customer service number now, quite some money.

How old is it? And how long of a warranty did you get? Loads of my friends have had major issues with taking TV's back to them, they now use RicherSounds who are 100x better

Original Poster

tempt

Have you spoken to CAB?

I am not sure what that is tempt.

alexia1971

I am not sure what that is tempt.

​i would assume citizens advice bureau

Patience is required here as currys are still waiting for stock they was due a delivery on the 4th nov which are all sold and then another delivery on the 11th Nov it will get sorted but you will just have to wait and I'm no fan of currys whatsoever but you will get sorted eventually

Original Poster

Toon_army

How old is it? And how long of a warranty did you get? Loads of my … How old is it? And how long of a warranty did you get? Loads of my friends have had major issues with taking TV's back to them, they now use RicherSounds who are 100x better

3 weeks old. We have an uplift number.

And use WeQ4U on your smartphone when ringing currys then at least it will come out of your allowance and not your bank account

its out of stock, however you got Samsung warrenty,03307267864 call them ,do check with them, or see which currys store got this tv and take it their

Sounds like there is nothing Currys can do until you take your TV back with the uplift number you been given by Samsung. Currys will exchange it for another TV. If your choosing to with hold exchanging the TV cause they have no stock, that is not Currys fault.

I would suggest fo into branch and ask when that particular model you want is back in stock. They can only give you what they are on screen which is an unconfirmed delivery date.

alexia1971

It is on its stand and it is tilted to one side. We have tried 2-3 times … It is on its stand and it is tilted to one side. We have tried 2-3 times to re-adjust the screws but it just seems the stand is no good. The actual tv is good. We have an uplift number from Samsung but again, they say they have no stock so the can't exchange it. This is 3 15 min calls to their customer service number now, quite some money.

Ok was you have an uplift number you have a few options you can take it to a store and they can exchange it for a same priced item (best talk with manager/deputy) so they know what its about, as they store can send it back without any issues or charge back to the store with this number. Or the other option is to wait for more stock to arrive in the central hub (as 90% of stock to currys is held there) you could ask them to look see if any local stores have any stock as they maybe able to transfer one to the store for you. The receipt you have will have a SKU number normally [Item name] X 00000000(and then a 6 digit number) if you type that in to the web page you can also check local store see if they have any.

I would take the set back to the store. Then call my card company whilst in the store and initiate a charge back procedure. They will reverse the transaction. CAB is a waste of time. They start banging on about sending letters in recorded delivery and all that. All that takes loads of time. Considering the TV is not even a month old, you should be entitled to your money back with minimum fuss, due to the defect. Without sounding condescending, John Lewis will price match Currys. I had a problem with a Surface Pro 2 after 18 months. They couldn't fix it. They offered me my money back!!

Please take note. They are fobbing you off because they know in just over one weeks time you lose your right to return the item to store for a full refund. My experience of customer services on the telephone is not good however my experience of customer service in store is excellent. Here are your rights which were changed on October 2015. You have 30 days from point of sale to return for a full refund.

Under the Consumer Rights Act you have a legal right to reject goods that are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described, and get a full refund - as long as you do this quickly.

Satisfactory quality Goods shouldn't be faulty or damaged when you receive them. You should ask what a reasonable person would consider satisfactory for the goods in question? For example, bargain bucket products won’t be held to as high standards as luxury goods.
Fit for purpose The goods should be fit for the purpose they are supplied for, as well as any specific purpose you made known to the retailer before you agreed to buy the goods.
As described The goods supplied must match any description given to you, or any models or samples shown to you at the time of purchase.

This right is limited to 30 days from the date you buy your product. After 30 days you will not be legally entitled to a full refund if your item develops a fault, although some sellers may offer you an extended refund period.

Smartguy1

Please take note. They are fobbing you off because they know in just over … Please take note. They are fobbing you off because they know in just over one weeks time you lose your right to return the item to store for a full refund. My experience of customer services on the telephone is not good however my experience of customer service in store is excellent. Here are your rights which were changed on October 2015. You have 30 days from point of sale to return for a full refund.Under the Consumer Rights Act you have a legal right to reject goods that are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described, and get a full refund - as long as you do this quickly. Satisfactory quality Goods shouldn't be faulty or damaged when you receive them. You should ask what a reasonable person would consider satisfactory for the goods in question? For example, bargain bucket products won’t be held to as high standards as luxury goods. Fit for purpose The goods should be fit for the purpose they are supplied for, as well as any specific purpose you made known to the retailer before you agreed to buy the goods. As described The goods supplied must match any description given to you, or any models or samples shown to you at the time of purchase.This right is limited to 30 days from the date you buy your product. After 30 days you will not be legally entitled to a full refund if your item develops a fault, although some sellers may offer you an extended refund period.

As it was reported in the 30 days and an uplift number given a full refund can be given after the 30 days just to let you know.

Bades

As it was reported in the 30 days and an uplift number given a full … As it was reported in the 30 days and an uplift number given a full refund can be given after the 30 days just to let you know.

Good point, I must have missed that bit but bear in mind that the contract here is with Currys and the purchaser and not the manufacturer and the manufacturer. This could go on for months and after 30 days Currys could refuse a refund. If it was me I would be taking the tv back to Currys and requesting my money back.

Smartguy1

Good point, I must have missed that bit but bear in mind that the … Good point, I must have missed that bit but bear in mind that the contract here is with Currys and the purchaser and not the manufacturer and the manufacturer. This could go on for months and after 30 days Currys could refuse a refund. If it was me I would be taking the tv back to Currys and requesting my money back.

Yeah you are right but as long as you speak with a manager that is not fresh out of secondary school they "should" know the system Currys has that is that it the item was faulty and reported to be so in any time over the 2 years and proven to be sold like this (which is great as Samsung has given a uplift number) then Currys can charge back the full value to Samsung. May sound a bit in depth but be an ex manager had to deal with it every so often.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247573
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769255
    3. Analogue's Super Nt SNES Wants to Do What Nintendon't512
    4. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2586

See more discussions