EXPIRED

We used to be friendly!

Don't know what's going on lately but I think its very disappointing to see all the insults/ rude comments in the forum of late. There also seems to be a lot of new users signing up just for this purpose.

This mainly seems to be in relation to the Dixons TV thread & whilst I can understand why people feel strongly about this, surely there's no need to take it down to this level :-(

Whats going on, we used to be a friendly bunch - didn't we?

14 Comments

I think we still are very friendly Rocky, but that one thread is bringing the happiness levels down a bit :-(

In the past, we moderators very rarely had to remove posts (not including duplicates or spam), and I don't like editing/removing posts - but some people have crossed the line, and the mods have to keep it under control really.

Original Poster

Yeah I appreciate that emma, it's just a shame that its got to the point where mods have to intervene instead of the members self-governing.

I guess this problem is typical for many forums that grow faster than expected.

Oh man, looks like i missed out on all the fun. I've never seen any insults on here, either a mod gets there before me or we're just so damn nice on here... i think it may be the latter :-P

Can't we just close that thread? The offer (such as it was) is expired now anyway.

TheManWithNoName

Oh man, looks like i missed out on all the fun. I've never seen any … Oh man, looks like i missed out on all the fun. I've never seen any insults on here, either a mod gets there before me or we're just so damn nice on here... i think it may be the latter :-P

It's the minority of the former and a lot of the latter

This thread has now been removed mostly due to the reasons posted here. Feel free to carry on with general happiness now

I was wondering where it went.
The job of the Moderators is just that, to moderate. In a climate where self-moderation is no longer possible due to extreme views held, possibly fuelled beyond rational thinking and instead by emotion, we rely on others to do just that.

In my opinion the level of 'handedness' by the mods so far has been very very light, and personally I would like to see a little more authority being exerted for the better of this community. But this is just an opinion (which I'm fortunate to be allowed the privelage of on this board) and this is neither the time nor place to argue it (makes you wonder why I started really then doesn't it?).

I think some really interesting debate has been sparked as a result of the said issue, as well as some obvious trolling and pointless bickering. I know so much more facts about British Laws now than I ever did, and I have found some rather amusing, useful and interesting websites along the way.
Maybe it could have been moved to the MM&RN Forum rather than taking up space on the Forum that was meant for Deals.

As the Chili Peppers put it:
"Destruction leads to a very rough road but it also breeds creation"

Hmm, maybe not the best quote in the world, but you get what I mean, hopefully :s

X10

Admin

This thread has now been removed mostly due to the reasons posted here. … This thread has now been removed mostly due to the reasons posted here. Feel free to carry on with general happiness now

So I can't see the thread at all now ?
I was hoping to use it to help me compose my complaint letters!
Any chance ?

poppy10

Can't we just close that thread? The offer (such as it was) is expired … Can't we just close that thread? The offer (such as it was) is expired now anyway.

Why should it be closed ? No one is forcing you to read it...:roll: Too much moderation is bad, let it run it's course...

clarence47a

Why should it be closed ? No one is forcing you to read it...:roll: Too … Why should it be closed ? No one is forcing you to read it...:roll: Too much moderation is bad, let it run it's course...

It's closed as there were too manytrolls stirring up trouble, too many insults, and rudeness - which I have almost never seen before on HUKD.

The thread is back but locked so no comments etc can be added:-
]http//ww…794

"Destruction leads to a very rough road but it also breeds creation"

I agree X10...think of all the fantastic lyrics/music that would never have been created without those "illegal" substances and broken relationships.

Maybe we should start another thread!!!!

Banned

Err...Chilli Peppers... have I missed out on something? Me I'm gonna pay more attention in futre. Keep on postin good people.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763953
    2. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1930
    3. GOT Leaks again514
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213592

See more discussions