Wear contact lens, with a bloodshot and slightly yellow eye?

Recently got contact lens, after wearing them for a day, the next day I had a a blood shot, looks more like a broken blood vessels as its been there for 3 days now, should I still wear the lens or leave them?

8 Comments

leave it a couple of days. did you have the lens in too long for it to do that?

I assume you did a trial with the opticians before to get the correct size and type for your eyes right?

Original Poster

joedastudd

I assume you did a trial with the opticians before to get the correct … I assume you did a trial with the opticians before to get the correct size and type for your eyes right?

Yes trial isn't over till next week

Original Poster

stoney73

leave it a couple of days. did you have the lens in too long for it to do … leave it a couple of days. did you have the lens in too long for it to do that?

I've left it a few days and changed the solution, I had it in for literally 4-5 hours before my vision started to become blurry then took it off and next day had a blood shot in one eye

opticians asap do not wear lenses until you get seen
Edited by: "afnoor" 24th Sep 2016

If you have any concerns with your eyes, and especially as a new contact lens wearer, I'd suggest that you pop back in to the practice where you're trialling the lenses and ask them to take a look to reassure you that everything is ok. The last thing you want is to get an infection or do damage to your eye.

Get them checked.

I tried contact lenses and had problems - ended up needing operations on both eyes. Some people can't wear contacts.

With you trailing contacts it maybe you've ended up with an eye infection (conjunctivitis) which can be easy to get if the contacts are not cleaned correctly. I would leave them out and keep flushing your eye with cold water.. if they are infected do no wear your contacts again as no mater how much you think you may have cleaned them the risk of infection is still there. Ps been wearing contacts for nearly 15 years with a rare eye condition so been through all this
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Amsterdam Booking.com advice22
    2. Should I Sky sports or not1311
    3. samsung gear fit 2 claim purchase from mobilephonedirect48
    4. Thinking of getting the Fire HD 822

See more discussions