wearing hat fast food employees

Found 18th May 2010
do u have to wear a hat if u work in a fast food place such as a chipshop etc?

i thought having short hair for males was enough

trying to google it and find official health and safety regulations but cant seem to find it

cheers

im having a debate with family member who i say short hair is enough whereas he is adamant a hat must be worn

17 Comments

lol, I love the slightly unshaven bods who have to wear a beard cover, what's point of that?

in all food serving and handling areas you must wear either a hair net or paper hat

The idea of the hairnet is to stop hair's falling out onto/into the food. Therefore hair of any length should be covered.

davidn84;8635359

The idea of the hairnet is to stop hair's falling out onto/into the food. … The idea of the hairnet is to stop hair's falling out onto/into the food. Therefore hair of any length should be covered.

so thats all men, plus noses, ears and eyes (lashes)

:roll:

Banned

Alfonse;8635374

so thats all men, plus noses, ears and eyes (lashes):roll:

Just use this to solve all those problems...

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/9174891/2/istockphoto_9174891-man-wearing-dog-cone-holding-mini-swedish-flag.jpg

Alfonse;8635374

Eyes i would say yes, cos eyelashes tend to fall out a fair bit dont they? And yeah if they've got nose n ear hair long enough then yeah should be covered...but most fast food places only have teens who are still reaching puberty working for them so wont have much facial/ear/nose hair.

davidn84;8635396

Eyes i would say yes, cos eyelashes tend to fall out a fair bit dont … Eyes i would say yes, cos eyelashes tend to fall out a fair bit dont they? And yeah if they've got nose n ear hair long enough then yeah should be covered...but most fast food places only have teens who are still reaching puberty working for them so wont have much facial/ear/nose hair.

thats funneh logic, nice one

Alfonse;8635374

maybe wear a burka then:thumbsup:

Alfonse;8635408

thats funneh logic, nice one

Thats confused me somewhat...is that a sarcastic response or..:thinking:

hehehe...snood...what a stupid name

imafish2002;8635488

hehehe...snood...what a stupid name

:?

ding;8635416

Sorted!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_35kDzNt-gTQ/SeRWZqYevKI/AAAAAAAABoc/ADJ3Z3lS6Ws/s400/burkaImage6.jpg

Jumpingphil;8635522

:?

Snood is the name commonly given to the hair nets used. Beard Snood sounds even funnier!

imafish2002;8635750

Snood is the name commonly given to the hair nets used. Beard Snood … Snood is the name commonly given to the hair nets used. Beard Snood sounds even funnier!

I should have used Google. :thumbsup:

ding;8635416

that could imply you were a bearded lady as well

The answer is no you dont, I own burger vans and it is not a legal requirement, I ask my female staff to wear there hair up where possible as I do myself but even my health inspector does not wear a hat when coming to do an inspection.

Pretty sure you just have to show you have made reasonable steps to ensure no contaminants get in the food, obviously hairnet/hat is easiest way, but not legally required
Post a comment
@
    Text