Groups

Weather advice please

I'm supposed to be going on a theatre break to London on Friday, but am concerned about the snow! I'm in Sheffield, and all bus services were cancelled today, more snow is forecast for the rest of the week, and as we're supposed to be travelling by megabus its going to be a bit dicey!
    I'm gutted, as we've booked hairspray that I've wanted to see for ages.
    Do you think I'm better off deciding to cancel now, and hope I can sell the tickets and hotel night to someone who will have a better means of travel (i.e a 4x4!) and recoup some money, or winging it and hoping the bus is running on Friday?

6 Comments

Banned

The M1 is fine, though as Sheffield is selfishly built on a million hills, it might be a bit dodgy getting out.

The roads are horrendous around here (east of Sheffield)

SuperEd

im ment to be going out for my OH birthday dinner and theatre in london but snows pretty heavy already! dunno if ill get a refund or change date?!

vibeone;7437866

The M1 is fine, though as Sheffield is selfishly built on a million … The M1 is fine, though as Sheffield is selfishly built on a million hills, it might be a bit dodgy getting out.The roads are horrendous around here (east of Sheffield)

Erm, 'scuse me? I thought your laptop was snowed under and you were closed for business?

Banned

deek72;7437945

Erm, 'scuse me? I thought your laptop was snowed under and you were … Erm, 'scuse me? I thought your laptop was snowed under and you were closed for business?

Please see other thread - Luckily/Unfortunately I made it back through the most awful road conditions I've ever experienced, with the trusty and ordinary Focus weaving its way through tracks strewed with smashed up beemers and jags in ditches, and am now safe and well :P

My hubby is meant to be driving up to Sheffield in the morning - is the snow really bad up there?

Original Poster

BabySmurfette;7438232

My hubby is meant to be driving up to Sheffield in the morning - is the … My hubby is meant to be driving up to Sheffield in the morning - is the snow really bad up there?

Depends where in Sheffield I guess, if you go to sccplugins.sheffield.gov.uk/utc…htm you can see the roads on the traffic cams. But yes, the snow is pretty bad, epecially in the more rural or higher up areas
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2971040
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33178
      3. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October1124
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764571

See more discussions