web cam

Hi, does anyone use web cams to chat around the world. I have had family move to Australia a few months ago and we have been trying to chat via skype on our web cams but not having much look. We get pictures okish, a bit stuttery most of the time but the problem we have is the sound goes off (fuzzy) about every 40 secs for about 30 secs. Does anyone else use skype and have the same problems, or can anyone recommend any other software providers to use.

cheers

5 Comments

do you live in the sticks with low bandwidth because same happens to me, put it down to only 1mb broadband.

Banned

I find google talk, with the video plug in more reliable than the skype video chat, seems to be more forgiving of bad bandwitdh

Original Poster

databar;7780881

do you live in the sticks with low bandwidth because same happens to me, … do you live in the sticks with low bandwidth because same happens to me, put it down to only 1mb broadband.

i have just done a test and got 2232kbps download and 370kpbs upload. Is that bad. :-D

Original Poster

jubbyme;7781041

I find google talk, with the video plug in more reliable than the skype … I find google talk, with the video plug in more reliable than the skype video chat, seems to be more forgiving of bad bandwitdh

cheers i will have a look at google talk ;-)

Banned

no your internet speed seems decent, but that doesnt show if you get dropouts or such
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions