Expired

Web Hosting

Found 7th Mar 2006
I have just registered a domain name on Ukreg.com for a small business (not selling on site, just info)...I need to host it cheaply, any recommendations? Can I host in on my tiscali webspace and also how do i go about uploading a site to the new domain!

5 Comments

Can you forward it to your Tiscali hosting? There should be no problem with that mate.

Original Poster

dunno! can I???

Original Poster

yes I can!!!!

Right... you need to make your website on tiscali, then go to "forwarding domains" or something similar in your Admin panel and type in the address of your Tiscali website, and if you type the title of your site then it will override anything which tiscali says in the title bar, and it'll stay as .co.uk in the address bar.

I hope that helps. I use 1and1, so somebody else can probably be more precise than me but if you've found the setting then you should be fine.

Have a look at [url]www.orchardhosting.com[/url] I've used them for 8 sites I';ve done and found them to be excellent. Summary - they offer everything you could possibly want (webmail, countless number of free scripts, and no pop-up advertising) and all from £10/year.

HTH - Mark.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Magazine competitions - Issue 46 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    2. Quidco Snow me the money Competition821078
    3. vodafone/metro comp - win a sony experia touch worth £1,300! - entries clos…11
    4. Win Longines Ladies Watch worth £117022

See more discussions