Groups

Web hosting - Urgent technical help needed ;)

Hi guys would appreciate it if you guys could help me.

I recently set up a new linux web hosting account with Supanames.com. I transferred the domain boxblu.co.uk from my old provider 1and1 and everything seems to be up and running.

I am finishing my graphic design course this week and have a final year show coming up. I wanted to get the domain dwilsondesign.co.uk to exhibit my work so the only thing i could see was "domain mapping". I went for it and paid £18 and recieved confirmation etc. It has appeared in my control panel but i don't know what to do with it.

I can't see any option where by i can upload to it etc. I really don't know what domain mapping is but i just want to use a bit of my 500mb allowance to put up a basic website.

Hopefully this made sense and if you can help me out i would really appreciate it.

Dave

4 Comments

Original Poster

Nobody any ideas???

...the only thing i could see was "domain mapping". I went for it and … ...the only thing i could see was "domain mapping". I went for it and paid £18...I really don't know what domain mapping is

You paid for something & you don't know what it is or what it's for???

Give me £20 & I'll tell you!

Original Poster

Funny! Well tbh i thought it was simply adding a domain to my account to share some of the webspace but it doesn't appear to be that simple. I just want someone to explain to me what i have to do to get up and running with the dwilsondesign.co.uk domain.

Heres a FAQ on domain mapping I found by doing a simple google search.

sixapart.com/typ…tml

Hope that helps.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      2. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions