Groups

Web hosting/multiple domains help

Guys,
    I have about 10 or so domains registered to me, and all directed to a hosting account I pay for.

One domain is associated with name servers/my hosting account. At the moment, I redirect 9 of them to that one (site 1) and respective subdirectories site.com/2, site.com/3 etc.

But if you right click, it always defines it as site.com so looks a bit shoddy.

any way i can make each domain appear as their own separate entity without forking out for loads of hosting accounts?

I'm struggling to get this pish into words, so excuse my shoddy explanation

10 Comments

Banned

If I understand this correctly, the only way you could do this is via a redirect inside a frame - if your domain host allows it. 123-reg definitely does. The only downside is every page you open will just say yourdomain.com and never yourdomain.com/pag…htmyourdomain.compage2.htm etc

Original Poster

flippin eck. what a pain in the ****

Original Poster

but that wouldn't solve the 'right click. properties' identification of the hosting would it?

Maybe as an alternative you could run a script to disable right click. Not the best answer I know.

Banned

Derby_Lad;7881002

but that wouldn't solve the 'right click. properties' identification of … but that wouldn't solve the 'right click. properties' identification of the hosting would it?

At the moment, Im just guessing what you are trying to do!

Are these all different sites within a single domain hosting account? Or 10 domains pointing to the exact same site?

Original Poster

ok, lets try again...see if my terrible mad english skillllzzzz can be better explained.

Ok, I have these urls registered with 1&1

nickwarren.me.uk
    nickwarren.co.uk
    redlion-sandiacre.co.uk
    junction25cars.co.uk
    doovdes.co.uk
    findfreewifi.co.uk
    thewarrentradingcompany.co.uk

My hosting account (qiq)is associated with nickwarren.co.uk.

So, every page I upload has a file path of nickwarren.co.uk/XXX…XXX

but for instance if i wanted folk to goto doovdes.co.uk and see it as nothing to do with nickwarren.co.uk how could I do it?

Banned

Derby_Lad;7881313

ok, lets try again...see if my terrible mad english skillllzzzz can be … ok, lets try again...see if my terrible mad english skillllzzzz can be better explained.Ok, I have these urls registered with 1&1nickwarren.me.uknickwarren.co.ukredlion-sandiacre.co.ukjunction25cars.co.ukdoovdes.co.ukfindfreewifi.co.ukthewarrentradingcompany.co.ukMy hosting account (qiq)is associated with nickwarren.co.uk. So, every page I upload has a file path of nickwarren.co.uk/XXXXXXXXXXXbut for instance if i wanted folk to goto doovdes.co.uk and see it as nothing to do with nickwarren.co.uk how could I do it?

nickwarren.co.uk

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Original Poster

yeah, appreciate that. i wiped my account out for a fresh start. want me to throw some stuff up to demonstrate?

Banned

Derby_Lad;7881632

yeah, appreciate that. i wiped my account out for a fresh start. want me … yeah, appreciate that. i wiped my account out for a fresh start. want me to throw some stuff up to demonstrate?

yeh, I cant see whats what if nothing is there and not really sure what your after!

Original Poster

right.

[url]www.nickwarren.co.uk[/url] now has index.html and is all gravy.

[url]www.doovdes.co.uk[/url] has an index file in its folder, but on right click, it shows nickwarren.co.uk
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. how do i join shop and scan ???11
      2. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother23
      3. Jury service1518
      4. Laptop screen backlight issue12

See more discussions