Webhosting & Domain

Posted 24th May
I'm interested in creating my own website and wanted to get people's thoughts on best hosts etc. Also ant deals on 1st year.

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
My website is with weebly and is totally free x
Namecheap is good for domains.
deleted2117661
I recommend Google for domains as they dont try to upsell you, they also provide whois protection for free. For hosting it depends if you know html/css and if you can setup a webserver
Phsycronix24/05/2020 10:58

Have you seen this deal at the …Have you seen this deal at the moment?https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-couk-domain-name-with-lcn-3467892

We use LCN for all our clients. Support is brilliant and the free .co.uk domains are great to take advantage of right now. Imagine the renewal in a year will be around £10.

They’re offering a cheap deal to build your website for you at the moment. Not sure exactly what they offer but based on my experience with LCN it would be much better than free website builders which tend to have limitations actually building the site and also ranking high on google.

Depends what you need a site for though. If it’s a business I think it’s worth spending a bit and getting a wordpress site built, but that’s just my opinion.
100% depends on what you are wanting it for.. To run a business? Lots of traffic? Random blog? How much control do you want?
PenguinsForAll26/05/2020 00:44

100% depends on what you are wanting it for.. To run a business? Lots of …100% depends on what you are wanting it for.. To run a business? Lots of traffic? Random blog? How much control do you want?

Hi just wanting a site for articles, news and podcasts etc.
And now, there's this "deal" too. Take a look:

hotukdeals.com/dea…700

So, you could get free domain AND hosting from the above - or get a free name from somewhere else and the domain from the above. Read the comments and do your own homework though as I can't recommend them myself, knowing nothing about them. As the saying goes - "Nothing's truly free in this world." You must be the product somewhere along the line...
Post a comment
@
    Text