website and names

Posted 3rd Sep 2020
Hi, just wondered if anyone has any experience or advice/pointers they could give me on the best places to purchase a name and website for a business idea.
Many thanks in advance
Community Updates
Misc
13 Comments
I would just buy one from somewhere like godaddy or whichever ris cheapest and then when you get someone to host it you can transfer it over to them
Namecheap, good experience over 10 years
porkbun.com has some good deals (especially as their extra years can be cheaper than somewhere like namecheap)
Domain name from Ionos will cost about £1.20 for the first year of registration, optional renewal standard rate between £12 to £15.

Similarly, first year of website hosting including mailboxes and professional hosting support will be about £1 from the likes of Sharkhosting.

Most decent hosts will provide you with a drag&drop sitebuilder and/or facility to install freebie website platforms such as WordPress with option to just skin the web installation with the theme that you prefer.

So less than £2.50 for first year web and email solution.

The same £2.50 will alternatively provide about one minute of developer time, lol.

ionos.co.uk/dom…mes

ebay.co.uk/itm…383 but don't bother with the listing itself, just read and use the code in the description.
Yahoo are doing free domains and websites for small businesses for a year, saw it posted on here:

hotukdeals.com/dea…542
I did my own website free from weebly.com
MonkeyMan9003/09/2020 17:28

I would just buy one from somewhere like godaddy or whichever ris cheapest …I would just buy one from somewhere like godaddy or whichever ris cheapest and then when you get someone to host it you can transfer it over to them

Thank you for your help, I ll look at that.
bozo00703/09/2020 17:28

Thank you for your sugestion, I will see what they are like too, great. .
MonkeyMan9003/09/2020 17:28

I would just buy one from somewhere like godaddy or whichever ris cheapest …I would just buy one from somewhere like godaddy or whichever ris cheapest and then when you get someone to host it you can transfer it over to them

bozo00703/09/2020 17:28

Edited by: "whowantstobeamillionaire" 3rd Sep
spruceyb03/09/2020 17:46

porkbun.com has some good deals (especially as their extra years can be …porkbun.com has some good deals (especially as their extra years can be cheaper than somewhere like namecheap)

Love the name, ha ha, brilliant, thanks for the suggestion. Cheers
AndyRoyd03/09/2020 19:44

Domain name from Ionos will cost about £1.20 for the first year of …Domain name from Ionos will cost about £1.20 for the first year of registration, optional renewal standard rate between £12 to £15. Similarly, first year of website hosting including mailboxes and professional hosting support will be about £1 from the likes of Sharkhosting. Most decent hosts will provide you with a drag&drop sitebuilder and/or facility to install freebie website platforms such as WordPress with option to just skin the web installation with the theme that you prefer.So less than £2.50 for first year web and email solution.The same £2.50 will alternatively provide about one minute of developer time, lol.https://www.ionos.co.uk/domains/domain-nameshttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174398319383 but don't bother with the listing itself, just read and use the code in the description.

Great, so much advice thank you.
adamchrisp03/09/2020 19:47

Yahoo are doing free domains and websites for small businesses for a year, …Yahoo are doing free domains and websites for small businesses for a year, saw it posted on here:https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-domain-hosting-email-accounts-from-yahoo-3526542

Thank you so much, I shall certainly have a look.
kirstie280603/09/2020 21:06

I did my own website free from weebly.com

Thats great, thank you very much.
Thanks everyone for your answers, really appreciate it.
Post a comment
@
    Text