Groups

*Website Breach* KFC Colonels Club accounts stolen

Just had an email from KFC saying that they've had a data breach and that they suspect my account details were involved.

I recommend you change your password as soon as possible, as well as other passwords on different sites.

25 Comments

i wonder if McDonald's sent hamburgler to do it !

Thanks for the heads up Eden

that's not very finger lickin good

That's finger fudgin' bad.

Seems like youre all McDONE!!

SuperEd

http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/1170957/stream_img.jpg
    source

Thanks for the heads up Eden0032

Desperate people if they want to steal your chicken stamps.

They better not take my £5 off! I worked hard to earn that!

Fowl play?

I received this email today too.

surprises me how long these people take to inform there customers these things have been sold on the darkweb for ages & they only now let people no

lollypoplee

i wonder if McDonald's sent hamburgler to do it !

That Hamburgler, he's made McStakes.

I got this email as well. Can't believe someone's trying to nick my chicken! Mothercluckers!

At least they've informed you now rather than waiting months like some other companies.

That's why i keep my golden nuggets in a security box.

stuarthanley

Desperate people if they want to steal your chicken stamps.

The only part of the chain worth anything was revealed in August this year:

[ independent.co.uk/new…tml ]

Of all the things someone could hack....(_;)

Thanks for the heads up, I never received the email but changed anyway. These breaches are happening more and more now everywhere.

Bure11

They better not take my £5 off! I worked hard to earn that!

I still got 6 from the stamp submission glitch at the end of October! (I put the details of how I did it on one of the colonels club deals I posted - didn't bother posting the 27th November one firstly because I was suspended by Hamilton fanboys and secondly the only difference was "£1 off a burrito")
    Edited by: "hass123" 12th Dec 2016

One thing I would point out is the links go to their email provider (kfcuk.cmail19.com and some random identifying I bet text) first NOT direct to kfc.co.uk...... Would you click on a link directly on an email from "your bank" if it didn't say yourbank.co.uk ?

I would also recommend you use a Password Manager and select randomly generated passwords

Edited by: "BigMatt" 12th Dec 2016

Aiden1512

Of all the things someone could hack....(_;)

I know... choking the chicken is more common.

I received this email last week but wasn't too sure if it was genuine, so I ignored it. Not sure if I did the right though tbh.
    Just checked my trash email and I had the same one last Friday..
    Edited by: "WonderWoman" 12th Dec 2016

WonderWoman

I received this email last week but wasn't too sure if it was genuine, so … I received this email last week but wasn't too sure if it was genuine, so I ignored it. Not sure if I did the right though tbh.Just checked my trash email and I had the same one last Friday..

Mmmm... mechanically recovered chicken.

lol. I saw these accounts being bandied about on IRC a while ago. Yeah they were hacked and is that them just noticing it now ?

They were using them to get the points and showing the app at KFC for free food.
    Edited by: "Dominatez" 12th Dec 2016

fanpages

Mmmm... mechanically recovered chicken.

If it's on the bone MRC isn't an issue though? I picked up a card instore about 18 months ago and I've still not linked it to/set up an online account or downloaded the app. I visit that infrequently that I've always forgotten to do it. That's why I ignored the email and presumed it was another login scam, hence the reason for my earlier response. As I said I could wrong..but now I've come back to reply I feel hungry and fancy a bargain bucket
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions