Found 14th Jan 2010
How would I go about letting users register for my site and then commenting on parts of it, such as photos or a blog? Any help will be greatly appreciated and repped, even if it is just a link to an explanation

5 Comments

Depends on what your host can handle...
I have used the photo gallery from ]coppermine it takes a little to get your head around but is fairly simple. You install it on your web space and can allow users and control them or just allow visitors and control comments/uploads etc. and it's free

There are plenty of blogs available I'm sure if you try one like ]blogger you can probably incorporate it into your site.

Try ]wordpress or blogger as vinny mentioned. These will allow users to subscribe and post comments.

Wordpress requires install to your hosting server but guides are available.

red_dwarfer;7549341

Try ]wordpress or blogger as vinny mentioned. These will allow users to … Try ]wordpress or blogger as vinny mentioned. These will allow users to subscribe and post comments.Wordpress requires install to your hosting server but guides are available.

if your using wordpress then use [url]www.bluehost.com[/url] for your hosting, they'll throw in a free .com domain and also have 1 click installation of wordpress you simples just import your chosen theme

MinstrelMan;7549601

if your using wordpress then use ]www.bluehost.com for your hosting, … if your using wordpress then use ]www.bluehost.com for your hosting, they'll throw in a free .com domain and also have 1 click installation of wordpress you simples just import your chosen theme

Yeah the one-click installs are great

even a manual installation on existing website host with php and mysql support is a simple.

let me know if you need any help/work
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Parcels2go discount22
    2. Looking for advice on ESP8266 microcontroller project411
    3. Do I need fabric conditioner?1013
    4. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc56

See more discussions