Groups

Website for checking cars Data ?

I am sure ive been on this website a long long time ago , but cant for the life of me remember it ( starting to think ive dreamt it !! ) its a site were you put in a cars registration number and it tells you if its taxed, insured , mot ! any ideas guys , cheers

8 Comments

Original Poster

Pr3cious18

Askmid for insurance:http://www.askmid.co.uk/ownvehicle/

Thanks for that (_;) will take a look now , cheers

shopstilldrops

Thanks for that (_;) will take a look now , cheers

Don't know about the MOT, Tax thing though? Only place I know off the top of my head that checks them electronically is the DVLA website when your actually taxing the car...! Unless anyone else knows otherwise?

Original Poster

Pr3cious18

Don't know about the MOT, Tax thing though? Only place I know off the top … Don't know about the MOT, Tax thing though? Only place I know off the top of my head that checks them electronically is the DVLA website when your actually taxing the car...! Unless anyone else knows otherwise?

Ive just checked that website out and yeh it tells you if car is on insurance database, not about tax, mot , cheers anyway, ..........maybe someone else will come up with a site for the other !

Hi,

If you check the following website it will tell you if the car is currently taxed and if so, when it expires - just go to the 'Vehicle Enquiry' tab on the left hand side and then enter Reg. No and Make of car.
    taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/Evl…pp/
    Regarding the Mot status, you can actually get a free history on all the Mot's the car has had in last 5 or 6 years and if it failed for any reason or any advisories were noted - you need the Reg No of the car and the Document Reference Number from the V5 (if it is for the purpose of buying a car, the seller shouldn't have a problem telling you this info unless they have something to hide. The website for this free service is
    motinfo.direct.gov.uk/int…jsp
    It is a great free tool to get more info on the car. Hope this is what you are after.

Quidco used to do cashback on a proper Experian HPI check.

Original Poster

stuart9787

Hi,If you check the following website it will tell you if the car is … Hi,If you check the following website it will tell you if the car is currently taxed and if so, when it expires - just go to the 'Vehicle Enquiry' tab on the left hand side and then enter Reg. No and Make of car.http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/Regarding the Mot status, you can actually get a free history on all the Mot's the car has had in last 5 or 6 years and if it failed for any reason or any advisories were noted - you need the Reg No of the car and the Document Reference Number from the V5 (if it is for the purpose of buying a car, the seller shouldn't have a problem telling you this info unless they have something to hide. The website for this free service is http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECHID-Internet-History-Request.jspIt is a great free tool to get more info on the car. Hope this is what you are after.

cheers for that matey, much apprecciated , just what i was after (_;)

good info on here cheers for post op
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …814
      2. word survey11
      3. What would be HELL to you?2227
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710953

See more discussions