Website Hits / Tracing IP Address?

Is there anyway you can trace an IP address.

Nope, not after stalking anyone, but looking to including something on a website along the lines of "our 5,000 visitor gets a prize"

we currently have a sitemeter counter on the index page of the site, but is there anyway to tell who the 5,000th visitor is?

Regards
Dave

7 Comments

Banned

try this site to trace an ip address utrace.de/

Original Poster

toecaps;6763596

try this site to trace an ip address http://www.utrace.de/

cheers, but how will I know what IP address is my 5000th visitor? that what I really need to know! :thumbsup:

Add it to the code of your counter.

Banned

you can trace to a rough area but its not exact but gives you an idea of the country or maybe region and city

Using simple code you can count visitors and use cookies to determine whether they are returning visitors. The issue is how do you notify the user they are the 5000th visitor?

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;6763836

Add it to the code of your counter.

how?

Original Poster

gRoberts12;6764061

Using simple code you can count visitors and use cookies to determine … Using simple code you can count visitors and use cookies to determine whether they are returning visitors. The issue is how do you notify the user they are the 5000th visitor?

we have a counter already ([url]www.tjdoyles.com[/url]) and it shows when you log in .. (currently at 4507).. how do I know who enters on 5000?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846094
    2. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??77
    3. Xbox One X - (News, updates, etc)3381
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213601

See more discussions