Groups
    EXPIRED

website hosting/domain names

looking at a creating an informative website for my upcoming wedding

created a few websites a few years ago but havent done anything recently, can anyone let me know the best (and cheap) place to buy a .co.uk domain name and also some cheap/free hosting for say a 5-10 page website

also what is the best software these days, used to used frontpage but thats dead now really

thanks for your help - much apprecaited

8 Comments

Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc etc to create top flash sites, but i've used FP and a simple package called Web Page Maker.

Depends on what you're after. Cheap is not always the best!!! I paid £6 for a 2 year .co.uk domain, but then £70 per year for hosting space, for which i wil ever only use 50%, so have half spare :whistling:

Have a look at one.com. Their cheapest package (3000mb) is free for a year and you also get a free domain. The CATCH is you have to pay a one off £9 setup fee.

I am with them and have had no probs so far, they have live help if you need support on any issues.

Why not just create a blog?

More about Blogs here: en.wikipedia.org/wik…log

There are blogs for all sorts of things, so you could do one for a wedding.

Great thing about blogs is that you dont need to buy a domain name, dont need a web design product, and you work on it directly in a brower.

You can make the design anything you like, add text, pictures and videos, and also friends and relatives can add their own comments.

Here is a blog for a wedding photographer:

anneruthmann.blogspot.com/200…tml

Here is one about moving house:

[ourredhouse.blogspot.com/200…tml

Here is a blog about a WW1 soldier

wwar1.blogspot.com/

You create a blog here:

blogger.com/start

or go to ]quidco and earn a fiver for microsoft live free website+ free domain name

Original Poster

wiced stuff thanks for all your help, the blog idea sounds good, quick and easy

however, whats the crack with the microsoft free domain, can you just register for free and make a website, is it really that easy?

i dont mind spending time on designing it so can do the one.com thing which also sounds good

Original Poster

probably going to use 123-reg.co.uk as they look good and use a free hosting site like 100webspace.com

but can someone tell me if 123-reg.co.uk includes free website forwarding and masking like godaddy offers? so i can set up my page and it uses hosting from the free hosting but still shows the same address in the address bar?

R_C;2466541

probably going to use 123-reg.co.uk as they look good and use a free … probably going to use 123-reg.co.uk as they look good and use a free hosting site like 100webspace.combut can someone tell me if 123-reg.co.uk includes free website forwarding and masking like godaddy offers? so i can set up my page and it uses hosting from the free hosting but still shows the same address in the address bar?

did you get me PM matey

R_C;2465384

wiced stuff thanks for all your help, the blog idea sounds good, quick … wiced stuff thanks for all your help, the blog idea sounds good, quick and easyhowever, whats the crack with the microsoft free domain, can you just register for free and make a website, is it really that easy?i dont mind spending time on designing it so can do the one.com thing which also sounds good

Yes Its free!
    give it a go
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)58474
      2. iPhone X 256GB for £569 on O2 - Pre Order1013
      3. Apples new update23
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114445

See more discussions