Website Masking Help

I have created a website orbit-it.co.uk

This site is masked and is actually on jarica.plus.com/orbit it/

Now I have a couple of links on the site to other websites but when you click on them you get taken to that site ok but the URL in the address bar still says orbit-it.co.uk

Does anyone know how to stop it from doing this without removing the masking?

4 Comments

put an 'index.html' at jarica.plus.com/ everyone can see your files.

We also offer very competitive rates to design and build a website to … We also offer very competitive rates to design and build a website to promote your company.

that site isn't live is it, if it is, i'd suggest getting your own sorted first, some very bad practices on there and not very good advertising.

Yeah, i wan't going to say anything, but that masking technique really isn't advisable. 1) it looks like your trying to hide something and 2) it isn't very search engine friendly.

With the proce of web hosting these days, you shuldn't need to do that, especially if this is for a business.

Original Poster

Thanks for the help here. I will give your suggestion a go JayBird.

Likely2 - The site is not live yet. The reason it is so open at the moment is to allow me to work on it at work with ease.

I will be looking at getting a hosting package very soon. I am just using my own websapce ay present.

Thanks for your comments though, all taken on board.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What an absolute disgrace1841
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763817
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414214047
    4. GOT Leaks again312

See more discussions