Groups

Websites & Protecting Images

for all the techys out there..

I'm looking to protect a couple of images on a site whereby if you right click and save, it won't let you do this.

I did it a couple years ago, but its a while since i used this function.

any help gratefully received.

20 Comments

It's not worth it cos ppl can use other ways to save the image anyway xx

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6685725

It's not worth it cos ppl can use other ways to save the image anyway xx

such as? ... its a local swimming club site Im doing, and its basically to stop the parents saving the photos onto the PC. we charge them £1 per copy which pays towards future prints etc.

Disco;6685755

such as? ... its a local swimming club site Im doing, and its basically … such as? ... its a local swimming club site Im doing, and its basically to stop the parents saving the photos onto the PC. we charge them £1 per copy which pays towards future prints etc.

Use the script I posted and amend the message to say - Photo available for £1.00 ??

Original Poster

DAMNOME;6685763

Use the script I posted and amend the message to say - Photo available … Use the script I posted and amend the message to say - Photo available for £1.00 ??

will try.. the site isnt going live til November so time to play with it... cheers

just put a watermark on them. that way they can still download, but theyve got a load of text on the top of it which they cant get rid of without making a mess of the original image providing you save them as .jpgs

Disco;6685755

such as? ... its a local swimming club site Im doing, and its basically … such as? ... its a local swimming club site Im doing, and its basically to stop the parents saving the photos onto the PC. we charge them £1 per copy which pays towards future prints etc.

Print screen ?.

I imagine that the right click function could be replaced with some copyright message box.

However, I'm not sure if that will protect it sufficiently if someone uses the file save as from the browser menu and it downloads the page and images automatically? :?

I know some sites put water marks on their images to protect them regardless....

Disco;6685755

Print Screen.. Ctrl controls etc?

I'd add the watermark if I were you.

Also you can't take piccies of minors and add them to any site without the parents express permission anyway x

i would go down the watermark route, far too easy to copy a picture thats right click protected http://i33.tinypic.com/2i7l06v.jpg

Disco;6685755

Very easy - Take a print screen and crop.

lanc_red;6685792

just put a watermark on them. that way they can still download, but … just put a watermark on them. that way they can still download, but theyve got a load of text on the top of it which they cant get rid of without making a mess of the original image providing you save them as .jpgs

ClarityofMind;6685856

Print Screen.. Ctrl controls etc? I'd add the watermark if I were you. … Print Screen.. Ctrl controls etc? I'd add the watermark if I were you. Also you can't take piccies of minors and add them to any site without the parents express permission anyway x

And what they said ^

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6685856

Print Screen.. Ctrl controls etc? I'd add the watermark if I were you. … Print Screen.. Ctrl controls etc? I'd add the watermark if I were you. Also you can't take piccies of minors and add them to any site without the parents express permission anyway x

we all have this ... we have been running for 10 years so have all the up to date rules, regs and data protection, parent consents etc etc

richp;6685874

i would go down the watermark route, far too easy to copy a picture thats … i would go down the watermark route, far too easy to copy a picture thats right click protected

such as? - care to explain how

There are plenty of bits of software than can download the image with ease. Water marking the photo is the ONLY anser. Or just make it very low res so that anything about small becomes undesirable.

Original Poster

super! cheers people

Also... some pages I have are shorter in height (due to information on them) .. is there anyway I can get all pages to display in the middle of the page?

Disco;6685918

we all have this ... we have been running for 10 years so have all the up … we all have this ... we have been running for 10 years so have all the up to date rules, regs and data protection, parent consents etc etc

Good, good.

I'm a mummy I worry about stuff like this

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6686046

Good, good.I'm a mummy I worry about stuff like this

the site is currently up now, but it hasnt been updated for about 6 months.. just been asked to update with a new/similar feel

Disco;6685957

super! cheers peopleAlso... some pages I have are shorter in height (due … super! cheers peopleAlso... some pages I have are shorter in height (due to information on them) .. is there anyway I can get all pages to display in the middle of the page?

Theres a couple of people on here that make webpages for a living. They'd help but i'm pretty certain they'd charge. Can PM you though if you'd like details :thumbsup:

Disco;6686061

the site is currently up now, but it hasnt been updated for about 6 … the site is currently up now, but it hasnt been updated for about 6 months.. just been asked to update with a new/similar feel

link?

Original Poster

DAMNOME;6686100

link?

sent :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2635
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2241
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346

See more discussions