Groups

Websites/Techy Help

I'll list below as its easy to edit..

21 Comments

Original Poster

Is there anyway of find out (without going through the whole site), how many pages a website has? There is no site map either.

Also, can someone (probably Vengod ort F.Angel), tell me how easy it is to add "bubble" brushes in paintbush to the background of this website..

]LINKY

no such site

what you mean by bubble brushes

also is the site built via a cms ?

Original Poster

faevilangel;6615118

no such site what you mean by bubble brushesalso is the site built via … no such site what you mean by bubble brushesalso is the site built via a cms ?

]LINKY fixed... its only 1 page tester thats why its on the back of another (built in Dreamweaver)

the site I wanna find out pages - not sure how thats build ]LINKY2

and by brushes I mean summit like .. ]LINKY3 - except I want bubbles (not flowers things)

The only foolproof way is to manually do it. But using a spider simulator, like webconfs.com/sea…php will show you all the pages that have been in one way or another linked to.

Based on the root of the domain you gave me, the following were returned:

johndobsonroofing.co.uk/ind…tml
    johndobsonroofing.co.uk/who…tml
    johndobsonroofing.co.uk/why…tml
    johndobsonroofing.co.uk/ser…tml
    johndobsonroofing.co.uk/are…tml
    johndobsonroofing.co.uk/con…tml

Basically, it uses recurration. It gets all the links on the index page, then parses the page of each link to get the new links and so on.

hth

Disco;6615194

]LINKY fixed... its only 1 page tester thats why its on the back of … ]LINKY fixed... its only 1 page tester thats why its on the back of another (built in Dreamweaver)the site I wanna find out pages - not sure how thats build ]LINKY2and by brushes I mean summit like .. ]LINKY3 - except I want bubbles (not flowers things)

without actually getting into the admin backend, you don't know how many pages they will have running.

The background to the 3rd link is made up of loads of images

such as jeevesofbelgravia.co.uk/med…jpg and jeevesofbelgravia.co.uk/med…jpg

You then use CSS to tile the images to line up

Original Poster

faevilangel;6615341

without actually getting into the admin backend, you don't know how many … without actually getting into the admin backend, you don't know how many pages they will have running.The background to the 3rd link is made up of loads of images such as http://www.jeevesofbelgravia.co.uk/media/images/template/body-right-bg-light.jpg and http://www.jeevesofbelgravia.co.uk/media/images/template/body-bg-light.jpgYou then use CSS to tile the images to line up

so would it be quiet easy to add some bubbles (or similar) to the background of ]LINKY2 or would I need to start afresh? (its been talked about like as they wanna new one anyhoo)

Disco;6615386

so would it be quiet easy to add some bubbles (or similar) to the … so would it be quiet easy to add some bubbles (or similar) to the background of ]LINKY2 or would I need to start afresh? (its been talked about like as they wanna new one anyhoo)

just create an image with the bubbles then use css to place them, then have a background colour fill the rest of the space

Original Poster

faevilangel;6615414

just create an image with the bubbles then use css to place them, then … just create an image with the bubbles then use css to place them, then have a background colour fill the rest of the space

you wanna show me how ... at a later date like.. when all is sorted. :thumbsup:

Disco;6615484

you wanna show me how ... at a later date like.. when all is sorted. … you wanna show me how ... at a later date like.. when all is sorted. :thumbsup:

create an image, then use css to put the image on the page

[url]www.w3schools.com/css[/url]

Original Poster

dontasciime;6615643

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7937/2offcopy.jpghttp://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2184/2offcopy.pnghttp://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3402/b1024.png

is that a full image or, paint shop brushes....

just an image have silver ones on my web [url]www.enemyflag.co.uk[/url]

I use this for sitemaps: ]Click

dontasciime;6616056

just an image have silver ones on my web … just an image have silver ones on my web [url]www.enemyflag.co.uk[/url]

no no no no :whistling:

That code is not used anymore, you need to use css e,g,

style.css is the file, then have

body {
    background:url(url here);
    background-position:fixed;
    }

[url]www.w3schools.com/css[/url] explains more

faevilangel;6616989

no no no no :whistling:That code is not used anymore, you need to use css … no no no no :whistling:That code is not used anymore, you need to use css e,g,style.css is the file, then have body { background:url(url here); background-position:fixed;}[url]www.w3schools.com/css[/url] explains more

It is on my website

dontasciime;6617002

It is on my website

your using html 4.0, where as everyone is now supposed to use xhtml :thumbsup:

faevilangel;6617116

your using html 4.0, where as everyone is now supposed to use xhtml … your using html 4.0, where as everyone is now supposed to use xhtml :thumbsup:

I'm surpised I'm not still using crayon.

dontasciime;6617349

I'm surpised I'm not still using crayon.

:lol:

As long as the sites works fine and does what you want, then it really doesn't matter but people selling web design to others should be using the latest standards ;-)

Accessibility for the visually impaired (screen readers) is one of the reasons

Well it's only for reference and is a basic single page and it did what it was meant to do.

You are right though

people selling web design to others should be using the latest standards … people selling web design to others should be using the latest standards Accessibility for the visually impaired (screen readers) is one of the reasons

dontasciime;6617433

Well it's only for reference and is a basic single page and it did what … Well it's only for reference and is a basic single page and it did what it was meant to do.You are right though

But go around sites made by "web designers" and see how many actually pass the tests
    validator.w3.org/

HUKD fails :whistling:

Original Poster

faevilangel;6617449

But go around sites made by "web designers" and see how many actually … But go around sites made by "web designers" and see how many actually pass the testshttp://validator.w3.org/HUKD fails :whistling:

I've checked 4 I have done in the past and 3 fails (2 on 1 error, an 1 on 21 :oops: ) - yet all 4 still work? what do I need to do? :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gaming PC Upgrade Help11
      2. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)44
      3. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER56
      4. Is it worth spending £20k on a car?1621

See more discussions