Wedding gifts!

Found 15th Mar
So i’m going to a family wedding on Saturday and just been asked what am I getting the new couple as a gift. - it honestly never crossed my mind that i need to buy any sort of gift , I thought just a congratulations card would do - apparently not!

What the hell can i buy as a wedding gift???!
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Cash is fine in a card. You normally put it in a post box or with the presents.
Original Poster
Ooo didn’t think of cash!
SteMoss2 m ago

Ooo didn’t think of cash!

Got married last year and received lots of cash from guests, it’s better than a present you might not use and can be put towards honeymoon or spending money for the trip.
Original Poster
This wedding has cost me a fortune! New clothes, shoes, drink, gifts! Be cheaper to be the one getting married
You weren't thinking of buying a present? You meanie! Why do you think they invited you?
SteMoss53 m ago

This wedding has cost me a fortune! New clothes, shoes, drink, gifts! Be …This wedding has cost me a fortune! New clothes, shoes, drink, gifts! Be cheaper to be the one getting married

Weddings are expensive. If you are going for the entire thing it's costing the bride and groom a small fortune to have you there. A well thought gift is the least you can do.
SteMoss55 m ago

This wedding has cost me a fortune! New clothes, shoes, drink, gifts! Be …This wedding has cost me a fortune! New clothes, shoes, drink, gifts! Be cheaper to be the one getting married

seriousness......
SteMoss1 h, 11 m ago

It is if you spend more than 17k on them!!!
Original Poster
windym52 m ago

Weddings are expensive. If you are going for the entire thing it's …Weddings are expensive. If you are going for the entire thing it's costing the bride and groom a small fortune to have you there. A well thought gift is the least you can do.

Ha really? You actually serious? So someone decides to get married and the least i can do is put my hand in the pocket? I owe them NOTHING in return!!
mod
Definitely cash!

Almost every couple whose wedding we've been to wanted money (even if they felt it was too cheeky to ask!).

Goes towards their honeymoon
SteMoss23 m ago

Ha really? You actually serious? So someone decides to get married and the …Ha really? You actually serious? So someone decides to get married and the least i can do is put my hand in the pocket? I owe them NOTHING in return!!

Perhaps get some specs and read my post again.

Where did I say you owed them anything? I was pointing out that the hosting of a wedding is more expensive than your new "clothes, shoes, drink, gifts". If you think it's expensive to go you should see the cost of them having you there.

If you want to stay cheap, then don't go. Or go and do as I suggested and take a gift that is "well thought".
How has the oringal poster made it this far in life.
Cash!!
Yankee candle do a Wedding Day candle which not only smells lovely it looks nice too for around £20 you look like you have put some effort into it
SteMoss15th Mar

Ha really? You actually serious? So someone decides to get married and the …Ha really? You actually serious? So someone decides to get married and the least i can do is put my hand in the pocket? I owe them NOTHING in return!!

Bet you're a laugh at Birthday parties.
Original Poster
postmang1 h, 23 m ago

Birthdays are different
postmang2 h, 34 m ago

He's a great laugh at parties, that's not the issue here.

He just doesn't take a present.
Being married myself, money is definatly the best gift.

Had a postbox at wedding and evening reception. Guests posted cards and some anonymous donations were made.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions