Groups

wedding guest outfit help!!!!

ive been invited to a wedding, and havent got a clue what to wear im 22 never been invited to wedding before so dont now what guests wear these days lol . ive seen a few nice maxi dresses in new look but dont now if there suitable. can anyone give me ideas thanks

23 Comments

Im going to a wedding 2morm my wife has a smart dress not to revealing.

I was at a wedding last Friday and most young girls were wearing lovely dresses - just you wear something smart and that you are comfortable in.

Think Ladies Day at Ascott and you shouldn't go far wrong

lucky you, i'm 22 i havent been to a wedding in 10 years :-( my friends keep saying they're getting married then change their minds :x

i've been looking to buy these 2 dresses from debenhams
    debenhams.com/web…ses

debenhams.com/web…_-1

it looks good to me cos i have something similar i bought in december from john rocca as well but with 3/4 length sleeve, one of the reviews suggests it'll be good for a wedding

this looks nice for a wedding too debenhams.com/web…_-1
    you might be better off going to the shops cos from reviews its black but the reviews say navy, depends on what you want though? colour ? budget?

I think a maxi dress would be suitable, i went to a christening a couple of weeks ago ( in a posh hotel ) and a lot of guests had maxi dresses or similar on( even the babies nan did ) ! and as it was the hottest day of the year weve had, i think they would of been very comfortable, so i would say 'yes' go for it and just dress it up with some nice jewellrey, shoes and bag!
    Have a great day too :thumbsup:

not white or cream..... you don't want to p'''' off the bride!

I seem to have been to a fair few weddings in the last few years, and it's very very hard for a woman to go wrong...you can guarantee at every wedding there'll be a couple of women who haven't bothered dressing up at all, and there'll be a couple of women dressed very sl*tty. It's a doddle to aim between the two, and you'll look great.

I'm going to sound very girly now (considering I'm a bloke) but think Coast. Almost any dress that Coast does would be perfect for a wedding. Get the equivalent from anywhere you can and you'll look great

ooohh i love getting dressed up for weddings.... would go with a maxi dress too

Admin

I'm going to a few weddings this year and I've bought dresses from Coast

Original Poster

thanks for your advice everyone, think il go for a maxi dress, its gone from me not bein invited to no weddings to four all in the summer, so hopefully i cud maybe get away with wearing the same dress to all four as different ppl will be attending each one. thanks again xx

I went to fab posh wedding in September last year and wore a maxi dress with a little shrug cardi type thing which you can take off later. A few of the women were wearing fascinators in their hair too (I didn't) but have a look around as it may suit what you're wearing.

Definitely remember to wear shoes/sandals that are comfy as you're on your feet a lot especialy during the day when photos are getting taken etc. Take a couple of the gel party heels in your bag just in case :thumbsup:

I think if you get a plain dress then you can get away with wearing it 4 times as you can just chnge your accessories.
    Hope this helps. x

kaks26;8753653

I went to fab posh wedding in September last year and wore a maxi dress … I went to fab posh wedding in September last year and wore a maxi dress with a little shrug cardi type thing which you can take off later. A few of the women were wearing fascinators in their hair too (I didn't) but have a look around as it may suit what you're wearing. Definitely remember to wear shoes/sandals that are comfy as you're on your feet a lot especialy during the day when photos are getting taken etc. Take a couple of the gel party heels in your bag just in case :thumbsup:

I actually wore a fascinator for first time ever at that wedding on Friday - and must say it really did finish off my outfit - plus most of the ladies were either wearing a hat or a fascinator - all ages!

OP enjoy your wedding - we have another 2 this summer!

bossyboots;8753678

I actually wore a fascinator for first time ever at that wedding on … I actually wore a fascinator for first time ever at that wedding on Friday - and must say it really did finish off my outfit - plus most of the ladies were either wearing a hat or a fascinator - all ages!OP enjoy your wedding - we have another 2 this summer!

You wore an Alphabeat song in your hair?

(lame joke)

Original Poster

bossyboots;8753678

I actually wore a fascinator for first time ever at that wedding on … I actually wore a fascinator for first time ever at that wedding on Friday - and must say it really did finish off my outfit - plus most of the ladies were either wearing a hat or a fascinator - all ages!OP enjoy your wedding - we have another 2 this summer!

o thanks goin pop down debenhams i think goin have a nose, they are sellin all diff colour fascinators in new look for £6. thanks again everyone really helped :thumbsup:

i went to a wedding last saturday and most of the young women were wearing maxi dresses

wow maxi dresses seem to be popular, i havent worn one before :oops:

Wot the hell is a fascinator,i will have to Google it now!

Ohhhh it's one of those,i never knew they had a special name:oops:

deb8z;8754405

Wot the hell is a fascinator,i will have to Google it now!

lol i found out what one was in dec 2008! my friend's sis got wed all the bridesmaid wore them, looked nice on them in the pics i saw

ilovelilac;8754395

wow maxi dresses seem to be popular, i havent worn one before :oops:

They certainly are, and can be dressed up or down depending on occassion and also nice and cool for this 'fab hot weather' , try one youll be suprised at how nice they can look ! ( obviously depending on height , weight etc ) and also suppose the cut of the dress!

OP im having the same trouble as you my mates marrying my OHs cousin in august so i wanna look really good, i have such a weird shaped body its really hard to find anything

i normally go for a wrap dress but im getting bored of them

ps when i say weird shaped i mean im short, slim and have big boobs...anyone have any tips for dressing me lol

shopstilldrops;8755230

They certainly are, and can be dressed up or down depending on occassion … They certainly are, and can be dressed up or down depending on occassion and also nice and cool for this 'fab hot weather' , try one youll be suprised at how nice they can look ! ( obviously depending on height , weight etc ) and also suppose the cut of the dress!

they look like they'll suit my figure but my 'problem' with them is that all seem to have thin straps and i have massive boobs and i am yet to find a strapless bra that's comfortable and im not comfortable wearing dresses with my bra straps exposed...

Another thing I noticed some of the younger girls wearing a wrist corsage - they looked just lovely

[IMG]i789.photobucket.com/alb…jpg?t=1275586541[/IMG]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions