Groups

Wedding ideas!

I'm getting married next year in July but have been looking for ideas on wedding songs (planning ealy i know but it's exciting). Looking for ideas (any welcome).
    Not getting married in a church so not aloud anything with religious views in.
    Need a walking down the isle song, song while signing register and walking out song.
    Have been looking and can't find anything, seriously harder than choosing my dress! lol

43 Comments

Stand By Me - Ben E King

Original Poster

midjet666

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0put0_a--Ng&feature=related for all of … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0put0_a--Ng&feature=related for all of it!! I love Adele!

Thats on my short list

http://www.allflac.com/covers/b_11065_Engelbert_Humperdink-Please_Release_Me-1994.jpg

im getting married next year too, never realised what a minefield is it choosing everything lol! will be watching this thread

i think songs could be last minute ish as theres going to be so many more out before then, unless you want an oldie? are there any songs that mean anything to you both? any that remind you of days out? meeting?

i like bruno mars, just the way you are atm, prob will change my mind lol

prodigy smack my b*tch up?

Original Poster

loupomm

im getting married next year too, never realised what a minefield is it … im getting married next year too, never realised what a minefield is it choosing everything lol! will be watching this thread :)i think songs could be last minute ish as theres going to be so many more out before then, unless you want an oldie? are there any songs that mean anything to you both? any that remind you of days out? meeting?i like bruno mars, just the way you are atm, prob will change my mind lol

i really like that too, not sure if it's a bit upbeat for a wedding song though, maybe a walking out song?

"Not getting married in a church so not aloud anything with religious views in."

???????????????

So you can have what you want in a church but cant have anything religious if not in a church!
    And they call the church hypocrites!

Original Poster

Syzable

We had that song at my grandads funeral so think thats a rule out! oO

also love kc and jojo 'all my life'

Original Poster

its only me

"Not getting married in a church so not aloud anything with religious … "Not getting married in a church so not aloud anything with religious views in."???????????????So you can have what you want in a church but cant have anything religious if not in a church!And they call the church hypocrites!

yes getting married here wildboarhotel.com/ and thats what they told me.

nkje02

yes getting married here http://www.wildboarhotel.com/ and thats what … yes getting married here http://www.wildboarhotel.com/ and thats what they told me.

Seems harsh as you can play whatever you want in a church.

Our Top 10

1.Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Aerosmith >> Play Video (new window)
    2.You're Still The One - Shania Twain >> Play Video
    3.Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Garden >> Play Video
    4.Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol >> Play Video
    5.Amazed - Lonestar >> Play Video
    6.Angels - Robbie Williams >> Play Video
    7.When You Say Nothing At All - Ronan Keating >> Play Video
    8.Everything I Do (I Do It For You) - Bryan Adams >> Play Video
    9.I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston >> Play Video
    10.You're Beautiful - James Blunt >> Play Video

Here's a list of some other favourites...

•Sex On Fire - Kings Of Leon
    •My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
    •Love Is All Around - Wet Wet Wet
    •From This Moment - Shania Twain
    •Have I Told You Lately - Rod Stewart
    •Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
    •Don't Stop Believing - Journey
    •Heaven - Bryan Adams
    •Nothing Compares To You - Sinead O'Connor
    •Without You - Nilsson
    •Words - Boyzone
    •Endless Love - Lionel Richie & Diana Ross
    •I Want To Know What Love Is - Foreigner
    •I've Had The Time Of My Life - Billy Medley & Jennifer Warnes
    •Bed Of Roses - Bon Jovi
    •Close To You - Carpenters
    •Every Breath You Take - Sting
    •Flying Without Wings - Westlife
    •Glory Of Love - Peter Catera
    •How Deep Is Your Love - Take That
    •If Tomorrow Never Comes - Ronan Keating
    •I'll Stand By You - The Pretenders
    •More Than Words - Extreme
    •Perfect Moment - Martine McCutcheon
    •She - Elvis Costello
    •She's The One - Robbie Williams
    •Fields Of Gold - Sting
    •Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers
    •The Power Of Love - Jennifer Rush
    •Three Times A Lady - Lionel Richie
    •Tonight I Celebrate My Love - Peobo Bryson & Roberta Flack
    •Up Where We Belong - Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes

Nothing Compares To You. Sinead O’Connor
    Close To You. Maxi Priest
    Power of Love. Jennifer Rush
    Love Me Tender. Elvis Presley
    I Can’t Help Falling in Love with You. Elvis Presley
    Just the Way You Are. Billy Joel
    When You Say Nothing At All. Ronan Keating
    From This Moment On. Shania Twain
    You Made Me Love You. Al Jolson
    How Deep Is Your Love. Bee Gees

Gravity by Embrace (_;)

Grounds for divorce - Elbow?

Seriously, Canon is always lovely in a wedding - or of course you could go all out... youtube.com/wat…iN0

Beatles - Help?

check out more than words, by extreme - listen to the words

youtube.com/wat…G50

Banned

i got married last novemer-church wedding so we did have all the traditional sons-which is what we wanted. for signing the register, we had leona lewis- here i am playing. the words are so beautiful. we also had this as the backing music for my sons baby cd so it kind of was a speacil to us both. mp3lyrics.org/l/l…am/

our first dance song was going to be lionel richie but due an a techincal hitch we had to change it last minute to bryan adams-everything i do-bit cheesy but was nice. i would of had savage gardens now though but at the time it was sooooo hard!

good luck to you both, x

I found it really hard to find music, I wanted something modern but with a classic twist so had Chasing Cars(snow Patrol) walking down the isle and With or without you(u2) signing register by the vitamin string quartet

Chasing Cars youtube.com/wat…xXA
    With or without you youtube.com/wat…He8
    Edited by: "sarahandjonesy" 8th Mar 2011

Oh and Sonny and Cher I got you babe walking out but sung by Sonny and CherX)

The bird is the word

we wanted something a bit different too, i hiredd out ' the royal philharmonic orchestra do rock' we listened to it for ages in the car etc then we saw a shooting star while 'take my breath away' was playing - how cheesey is that!!! we walked out to it must be love by madness - i did have my dms on under my wedding dress oO

I walked down the aisle to savage gardens 'i knew i loved you', signed the register to lonestars 'amazed' and we had our first dance to al green's 'lets stay together'.
    Cheesy but I love them all

Wifey walked into some welsh anthem (her choice!) Then we had the acoustic version of the Foo fighters - times like these and a couple of Jack Johnson tunes for the signing and we walked out to The Beatles - In My life.

I walked down the aisle (well the centre of the chairs in one of the rooms at Stamford Bridge) to "I Swear" - All For One
    youtube.com/wat…oGY

Edited by: "bunnygirlbaby" 8th Mar 2011

On our video (well it was in 2000) we had "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" Prince (or whatever he called himself at the time) to my bits at the beginning, then "Never Be The Same Again" Mel C because that was kind of our song at the time, and "Someone To Watch Over Me" Geri Halliwell when there was a bit about my late dad on it. Can't remember the rest lol. I'll have to dig it out and get it put on DVD.

Original Poster

Thanks guys will sit and go through all these with my partner x

nkje02

Thanks guys will sit and go through all these with my partner x

Yep but remember my choice is definately the best. Just listen to the words
    Edited by: "nikkib123" 9th Mar 2011

nikkib123

Yep but remember my choice is definately the best. Just listen to the … Yep but remember my choice is definately the best. Just listen to the words

And mine is definitely the best for when you leave, although it's very upbeat you might have to skip out of the room

RosieWoo

And mine is definitely the best for when you leave, although it's very … And mine is definitely the best for when you leave, although it's very upbeat you might have to skip out of the room

Haha I like that idea, skipping X)

RosieWoo

Wannadies - You and Me

My Sister had this at her wedding, it was brill X)

sarahandjonesy

My Sister had this at her wedding, it was brill X)

She has great taste!!! I am not married and probably never will be but just think the song is perfect!

Excellent ideas!!

You and me by lifehouse.

I already know that Dancing in the moonlight by Thin Lizzy will be played at my wedding... as it is mine and my boyfriends song
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does anyone have a Xbox gold trial code33
      2. Furniture Sliders22
      3. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early11
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??22

See more discussions