Found 11th Nov 2009
Something to do if you are bored!!! Help me! lol
I have been asked to be Maid of Honour for a friends wedding next year and I had the idea to offer to handmake the invites for it. I have decided on the colour/type of card (with the bride) that will be used, and also (kinda) on the words (if anyone has any other ideas of wording then please feel free to suggest). Im a bit stuck at the moment however, as the bride has asked for images/graphics on each page (3 pages).
I have tried to make the graphic she wants but it looks daft and wondered if someone would be kind enough to try for me (I was just using the wordart in MS Word). She wants the couples first initials (J and E) linked together with their (to be) surname initial (S). I like the idea but it looks daft when I do it, and Im also kinda confused as she has a middle name also!
The images she is leaving to me to give her some examples, I get the impression she wants them like watermarks, and along the lines of rings, flowers, holding hands (typical simple wedding images).
I have done the general image search on google and not really got anything....think I will be changing a few images on photobucket if I cant find anything else.
Basically I am asking in general, if anyone knows of any 'lovey' poems/lines to include, if anyone can make a simple graphic (look good) out of 3 letters, and any nice simple images they know of that could be used as a watermark.
(kinda starting to regret offering but want to make them look good!)

thanks and rep as always

1. Misc
  2. Wedding
22 Comments

Original Poster

Thinking along these lines for the images

http://ecolequartierlatin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/pd_wedding_070504_ms.jpg

http://www.taylor-madeweddings.co.uk/home_image.jpg

http://weddingandflowers.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/diy-wedding-flowers-01.jpg

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/3681423/2/istockphoto_3681423-two-platinum-or-silver-wedding-rings-reflected-candles.jpg

Getting confused! Hope someone understands me! lol

Try [url]www.confetti.co.uk[/url] for lots of info including wording of invitations etc.

My wife used Microsoft publisher rather than word to do our wedding invites and she said the stuff in it was better.

The missus is going to do our wedding invatations soon. We are going for a picture of us walking along the beach for ours I believe.

Here is a link to a Photoshop tutorial

myjanee.com/tut…htm

http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/link/linked8.jpg

Hope this helps

Original Poster

pestiewesties;6856412

Try [url]www.confetti.co.uk[/url] for lots of info including wording of … Try [url]www.confetti.co.uk[/url] for lots of info including wording of invitations etc.

thank you will have a look
martinhb;6856429

My wife used Microsoft publisher rather than word to do our wedding … My wife used Microsoft publisher rather than word to do our wedding invites and she said the stuff in it was better.

hmmmm dont have publisher on this computer.....used it at uni though and cant really remember many useful things on it that cant be done through photobucket etc....thanks though and will keep it in mind if I cant figure it out this time
Adam2050;6856441

The missus is going to do our wedding invatations soon. We are going for … The missus is going to do our wedding invatations soon. We are going for a picture of us walking along the beach for ours I believe.

awww thats cool! I think my bride wanted pretty simple generic photos on the invite, as guests will have more than enough photos of them on the day (plus she would never decide on what to wear!!!!) thanks for the idea though....hope everything goes well for your invites/wedding
cannyscot;6856455

Here is a link to a Photoshop … Here is a link to a Photoshop tutorialhttp://www.myjanee.com/tuts/link/linktut.htmHope this helps

Oooooo that looks confusing but also very good! I will have a go....wont hold my breath tho... (again dont have photoshop so cant try it :x)

will rep everyone when I have time...

You too.

I like the second pic you put Tiger xxx

Uhm lines of poetry? how many words you looking at?

You want summin unique or summin that everyone will know?

Ask the bride if there are any "special songs" that they have?

"Lovespell : Against Endings" by Erica Jong, is my own personal favourite xx

ClarityofMind;6857005

I like the second pic you put Tiger xxxUhm lines of poetry? how many … I like the second pic you put Tiger xxxUhm lines of poetry? how many words you looking at?You want summin unique or summin that everyone will know? xxAsk the bride if there are any "special songs" that they have? xx

Agree with second pic.

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6857005

I like the second pic you put Tiger xxxUhm lines of poetry? how many … I like the second pic you put Tiger xxxUhm lines of poetry? how many words you looking at?You want summin unique or summin that everyone will know? Ask the bride if there are any "special songs" that they have? "Lovespell : Against Endings" by Erica Jong, is my own personal favourite xx

hey yeah the second pic is nice but the colour theme is lilac, so the red wouldnt go and I think its the red that makes the pic so nice.....the other pic with the hands and the cream colour flowers fits into the colour theme better IMO. I have been messing around with colourising things for the past hour or so but nothing is 'wow'ing me just yet.

well she wants the invites to be 3 seperate A6 pages tied together with ribbon, 1st page the invite, 2nd page the date/time and 3rd the RSVP so theres quite a lot of space to put things on expecially as the front is pretty plain. At the moment Im thinking of;

Two lives, two heartsJoined together in friendshipunited forever in … Two lives, two heartsJoined together in friendshipunited forever in love.It's with joy that weXXXXandXXXXXinvite _______________________________to be with usas we exchange our marriage vows

for the front. The 3 lines at the top is the only poetry type thing in the whole invite, I think its short and sweet, but havent shown/asked the bride as yet.
Not sure about uniqueness....that is just taken from a google search so not unique at all! As for songs I was going to ask what song they would have their first dance to but I think itll be something cheesy lol:whistling:

I will have a look at the lyrics of that song but think it would be a bit odd quoting a song they dont know
taa for your help as always x

If its a soft lilac the red will look shocking and beautiful against it xx

Adam could help loads with the piccies he's great with stuff like that

I like the quote, its about the right length but sounds a bit like a eulogy at the moment... mess around with the words a lil to make it sound more wedding-ish xx

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6857523

If its a soft lilac the red will look shocking and beautiful against it … If its a soft lilac the red will look shocking and beautiful against it xxAdam could help loads with the piccies he's great with stuff like that :)I like the quote, its about the right length but sounds a bit like a eulogy at the moment... mess around with the words a lil to make it sound more wedding-ish xx

oh i thought it was very weddingy and romantic but now you have said that it does sound a bit depressing lol.......I dont think the pics will need much doint to them as she just wants plain things.
Hmmm I will put the red pic on one example for her but think she will stick to the light/faded colours (lilac and ivory)....could be suprised though!

I have messed around with the initials and found a combo that I quite like....not sure how to show you though as its in a word doc....not an image as such lol

lil_tiger;6857560

oh i thought it was very weddingy and romantic but now you have said that … oh i thought it was very weddingy and romantic but now you have said that it does sound a bit depressing lol

Have to be careful with wedding promises or they start to sound like death knolls lol

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6857684

Have to be careful with wedding promises or they start to sound like … Have to be careful with wedding promises or they start to sound like death knolls lol

hmmmm seems so! I should have told her to figure it out rather than saying I would put some things together then she could choose!:whistling:

Oh I see that you have doen the initials for yourself - too late!

Anyway, you'd have to have photoshop to do the proper twined ones, although I daresay that if you had some google time you'd find them out there already done!!

You could do something like this - any colours of course - in 'simpler' edits like Photoshop Elements.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii78/chesso_photos/ESJcopySmall.jpg

lil_tiger;6857769

hmmmm seems so! I should have told her to figure it out rather than … hmmmm seems so! I should have told her to figure it out rather than saying I would put some things together then she could choose!:whistling:

You're wonderful helping so much xxx

:friends:

Original Poster

chesso;6857785

Oh I see that you have doen the initials for yourself - too late!Anyway, … Oh I see that you have doen the initials for yourself - too late!Anyway, you'd have to have photoshop to do the proper twined ones, although I daresay that if you had some google time you'd find them out there already done!!You could do something like this - any colours of course - in 'simpler' edits like Photoshop Elements.

hey chesso the initials I have come up with look like this
http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq244/lil_tiger_2009/initials.jpg
although in better quality as I had to copy them into paint to upload as a pic (couldnt think of another way)
I did google the linked letters and looked at a few pages but thought even if I did find the right combination, changing the colours may be more hassle than its worth....

If you are bored (or anyone else for that matter) could you please fade the pics in the 1st post so they dont have an outline...or at least not such a harsh outline, or even tell me how to do it? I have forgotten and cant figure it out :thinking:

thanks for the help
ClarityofMind;6857820

You're wonderful helping so much xxx :friends:

hmmm isnt that what MoH's are meant to do???? lol

I like the initials that you did.

I'll have a go at the pics!

Original Poster

chesso;6858085

I like the initials that you did.I'll have a go at the pics!

thank you already repped you.....I have drained most of the colour out of the letters now so they look more like a watermark just wondering where she wants the pics to be

lil_tiger;6858109

thank you already repped you.....I have drained most of the colour out … thank you already repped you.....I have drained most of the colour out of the letters now so they look more like a watermark just wondering where she wants the pics to be

Yes, it's a guessing game. I did some invitations for someone the other week - in the end after various false starts we sat down and decided exactly what was wanted and then I did that!!

( Oh no need for rep - I can't get on with anything else as I had a migraine earlier, so too wobbly!! But thank you . :))

Something like this, cropped and the edges blurred?
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii78/chesso_photos/liltiger1copy.jpg

Original Poster

aww chesso i really like that! makes it look so good how its been cropped! so yeah like that! still not too sure about the red though, looks amazing but just not sure it would look right on the invite......I would imagine it is hard to do this with the other pic though with the hands been further away from the flowers....hmmmmm

taa tho

lil_tiger;6858670

aww chesso i really like that! makes it look so good how its been … aww chesso i really like that! makes it look so good how its been cropped! so yeah like that! still not too sure about the red though, looks amazing but just not sure it would look right on the invite......I would imagine it is hard to do this with the other pic though with the hands been further away from the flowers....hmmmmmtaa tho

Yes, you'd need the red to actually be part of the wedding colour scheme to go for it.
I'll have a look at the other one.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii78/chesso_photos/diy-wedding-flowers-01copy.jpg

I'm not very keen on that one - it ends up looking washed out.

Anyway, it's crop, erase the bits you don't want and then blur the inverse of what you select.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769517
    2. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1317
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604821
    4. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA2098

See more discussions