Weed / root killer

Posted 24th Aug
Hi guys
After some advise.
I have a blackberry bush which I have trimmed right done and now want to kill the roots. What would be more effective ?

glyphosate or hydrochloric acid

Any thoughts would be appreciated
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Glyphosate won't work if you've trimmed it back, as it gets taken in through healthy growing leaves.
I'd use Ammonium Sulphamate or just dig it out.
Edited by: "Pandamansays" 25th Aug
As above - dig it out.
Blackberry bush? Just a pile of brambles when they appear in my garden. I cut them right down and then try to dig most of the roots out.
Pandamansays25/08/2020 00:08

Glyphosate won't work if you've trimmed it back, as it gets taken in …Glyphosate won't work if you've trimmed it back, as it gets taken in through healthy growing leaves.I'd use Ammonium Sulphamate or just dig it out.

Would this get into the roots the ammonium?
s_dusara25/08/2020 09:15

Would this get into the roots the ammonium?

Yes, put on a freshly cut surface or drill and 'inject' a solution into woodier stems.
Pandamansays25/08/2020 14:27

Yes, put on a freshly cut surface or drill and 'inject' a solution into …Yes, put on a freshly cut surface or drill and 'inject' a solution into woodier stems.

I want to concentrate the floor, should I add that then concrete or don’t I need it if I am concreating. It’s going to be around 4inch think
s_dusara25/08/2020 15:34

I want to concentrate the floor, should I add that then concrete or don’t I …I want to concentrate the floor, should I add that then concrete or don’t I need it if I am concreating. It’s going to be around 4inch think

Depending on where you are planning to concrete the roots may still be able to re-shoot further along where there is soil. If you can't dig it out, cut as far down below the surface of the soil that you can. You'll put hardcore down prior to concreting so this will have to be a fairly deep layer, presumably?

Might be easier if you could post up a photo.
Post a comment
@
    Text