Groups
    EXPIRED

Weedkiller

I'm after some good weedkiller for my block paved patio. Must be strong enough to kill moss.....

19 Comments

To give you a good start, I would recomend that people look for Jeyes Fluid for you're moss and Roundup for you're weeds. I will take a look around for you. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Foxy102

To give you a good start, I would recomend that people look for Jeyes … To give you a good start, I would recomend that people look for Jeyes Fluid for you're moss and Roundup for you're weeds. I will take a look around for you. :thumbsup:

It claims it is a disinfectant Jeyes Fluid:

]Jeyes Fluid

Is that right?

kirkie

It claims it is a disinfectant Jeyes Fluid:]Jeyes Fluid Is that right?

It is, but it does kill moss. You will need to scrae it off first, but it will keep it gone. Roundup kills the weeds from the root rather than 'burning' the leaves of the weed, leaving the root intact.

The jeyes fluid spray was on offer in Sainsburys last week or if you have a local super savers store they sell it for cheaper than the supermarkets- i buy it all the time to disinfect the dogs toilet area, and yes it does kill off moss.

can you still get weedkiller in powder for larger areas?

Original Poster

becci148

The jeyes fluid spray was on offer in Sainsburys last week or if you have … The jeyes fluid spray was on offer in Sainsburys last week or if you have a local super savers store they sell it for cheaper than the supermarkets- i buy it all the time to disinfect the dogs toilet area, and yes it does kill off moss.

Thanks for that....

Original Poster

Spykey

can you still get weedkiller in powder for larger areas?

Yes I must admit I think I will need quite a bit as my patio is rather large...

where can you get a load to cover a large area without loking like a person with murderous intentions

Original Poster

I am still looking for this and need quite a lot as I have a huge area to cover. Would prefer to buy online with Quidco unless it is real cheap somewhere on the high street...

Knot weed can be killed using broadsword if you have trouble with it

npnw

Knot weed can be killed using broadsword if you have trouble with it

knotweed grows through concreate.nothing seems to kill it!are you sure?

petrol & a match :whistling:

[SIZE=2]I hear Pete Doherty might be interested in killing Moss since she dumped him.[/SIZE]

come on guys seriiously... a couple of us need help.... any ideas where we can get it to cover a large area?

I use a small " flame thrower " type burner to get rid of mine, it has a small can of gas that screws on, got it from Lidl's, around a tenner with a couple of spare gas refills, not sure if you can get them anywhere else.

Roundup is your best bet mixed with water in a backsprayer...........keep the mix strong this will kill allmost anything.........

Original Poster

chuf

Roundup is your best bet mixed with water in a backsprayer...........keep … Roundup is your best bet mixed with water in a backsprayer...........keep the mix strong this will kill allmost anything.........

Cheers, just need somewhere to buy it from at a good price...

kirkie

Cheers, just need somewhere to buy it from at a good price...

Farther in law works at the council thats where i get mine :w00t:

the pound shops use to have some in powder form ...but can't seem to find any nowadays????????????????? come on guys HELP!!!!!!!!! my garden is now officially a jungle............
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047161
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767399
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28107
      4. Asda having major issues with deliveries today44

See more discussions