Week between tiles

Found 27th May
Hi

I am trying to remove the weed in between the tiles (see pictures)

I have tried few products from wilko and Tesco but none of them seem to work.

Has anyone used a product that worked for them?

Thanks in advance.
2946090-bNyDP.jpg
Community Updates
AskTile
13 Comments
I use resolva on mine. That and a block paving brush/weeder I got for a quid from tesco
weeds between paving is the bane of my life. they are difficult to stop. i find roundup to be good but you have to spray it once a month and it is a pain to do.

somebody needs to come up with a better method than pointing these damn paving as they don't last.
Gallon of white vinegar cup of salt and tablespoons of washing up liquid spray on the weeds on a dry sunny day.
Boiling waterlogged over them works also.
Patio magic. Leave 2 weeks and then a stuff brush with water or jet wash if you can get your hands on one. I rarely jet wash as patio magic is just that if you follow instructions. Don't cost much either
Edited by: "wayners" 27th May
I have a long handled metal bristle brush run between the gaps, then maybe once or twice a year spay a little Weed killer I purchase from Wilko does the trick! I wouldn’t use any at the moment the rain will just wash it away - best used dry conditions(y)
Buy a big bag of the cheapest salt you can find. Usually I get tesco cooking salt. Simply very liberally sprinkle it over the area, water in (or do it just before rain is due!) and the weeds will disappear.
I just deweeded my big driveaway. I used commercial strength Glyphosate (Roundup) and a block paving wire brush 4 days later to remove all the dead weeds, moss and grass. Took my 3 days and it was hard work!
mutley14 h, 29 m ago

weeds between paving is the bane of my life. they are difficult to stop. …weeds between paving is the bane of my life. they are difficult to stop. i find roundup to be good but you have to spray it once a month and it is a pain to do.somebody needs to come up with a better method than pointing these damn paving as they don't last.

The key to preventing weeds regrowing is regularly brushing rather than applying weedkiller:

pavingexpert.com/mai…htm
I also use Glyphosate , works great , also strong bleach mixed with hot water works well
Firstly weed kill it with a residual weed killer you need 2-3 days of warm sunshine.

Then patio magic it to clean the tiles, leave for a week.

Then jet wash out to remove all the dirt that has built up.

Then get some of this to brush into the gaps or similar from your local diy store Paving Compound Paving Mortar Easy Joint Mushroom 12.5 Kilo Paving Grout amazon.co.uk/dp/B010V2OA2A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_6n7cBbN3G1RAR

Then day after use something like to seal it wickes.co.uk/Thompsons-One-Coat-Patio+Block-Paving-Seal-5L/p/164255

Done and it’ll keep the weeds, Moss and Other grime at bay for a good while.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 28th May
cmdr_elito4 h, 41 m ago

Firstly weed kill it with a residual weed killer you need 2-3 days of warm …Firstly weed kill it with a residual weed killer you need 2-3 days of warm sunshine.Then patio magic it to clean the tiles, leave for a week.Then jet wash out to remove all the dirt that has built up.Then get some of this to brush into the gaps or similar from your local diy store Paving Compound Paving Mortar Easy Joint Mushroom 12.5 Kilo Paving Grout amazon.co.uk/dp/B010V2OA2A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_6n7cBbN3G1RARThen day after use something like to seal it wickes.co.uk/Thompsons-One-Coat-Patio+Block-Paving-Seal-5L/p/164255Done and it’ll keep the weeds, Moss and Other grime at bay for a good while.

That’s a very expensive process!
TheRatedSeller2 h, 44 m ago

That’s a very expensive process!

Yes but it’ll get rid of the weeds for a good while. Otherwise you’ll be spraying residual weedkiller every 3 months and patio magic yearly.
As you've said you want to remove them the easiest method is to power wash IMO, this is messy and does involve brushing silversand (playpit) sand back into the gaps.

You could also use a weed removal tool, scraper etc similar to amazon.co.uk/Wol…ols, again this would require the gaps to be re-filled.

If you simply want to kill them, best to use is Glyphospate based weedkiller, similar to amazon.co.uk/Eli…hos, more expensive than your Roundup etc but it works.

Power washing involves the most work but gives the best finish, providing you wash the blocks and not just the gaps of course.
Edited by: "andynicol" 28th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions