Found 9th Mar 2009
Hi

Hope somebody can help. Im looking at going away with the GF on or around the 23rd of April for a couple of days, I would like Centre parcs but it seems really expensive. Does anybody have any ideas of somewhere nice to get away for a few days?

Thanks in advance
kmac

13 Comments

where abouts do you live?

Original Poster

ding;4596809

where abouts do you live?

North Wales, But would be interested in anywhere really except London

Thank you

Get up to Cumbria, absolutly wonderful, scenery, people and Kendal mint cake to be bought everywhere.

i like looe in cornwall but its about a 4 - 5 hour drive from where i live in cheshire

If you're looking for a hotel deal, check this link:

ichotelsgroup.com/exc…ive

Depends what you're after, but if you stay over a weekend, most hotels are BOGOF. If you stay in a Holiday Inn (from £21 per night) it's room only, but if you stay in one of the Expresses (from £19.50) per night) you get breakfast too!

I think they're pretty good hotels and a lot of the Holiday Inns have Indoor pools, health clubs etc.

Original Poster

Ginner;4596887

Get up to Cumbria, absolutly wonderful, scenery, people and Kendal mint … Get up to Cumbria, absolutly wonderful, scenery, people and Kendal mint cake to be bought everywhere.

I Like cumbria. Got a few family members up there and Kendal Mint cake is gorgeous. Might be a good excuse to fill the car with it on the way back

What about Holyhead /Dunlaoghaire? Try Irish Ferries or Stena for a package or use for transport only in conjunction with Failte Ireland. Anyhow, have agreat break

Trickyjabs;4596896

If you're looking for a hotel deal, check this … If you're looking for a hotel deal, check this link:http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/exclusiveDepends what you're after, but if you stay over a weekend, most hotels are BOGOF. If you stay in a Holiday Inn (from £21 per night) it's room only, but if you stay in one of the Expresses (from £19.50) per night) you get breakfast too!I think they're pretty good hotels and a lot of the Holiday Inns have Indoor pools, health clubs etc.

Barry Island??

Isle of Wight?? I'm biased cos I live here, but it does feel like a different world from mainland uk. No need for passports or different currency. Quite often on travelzoo they have offers including car ferry for short breaks.

Another idea is Scotland, Edinburgh is a great place for a few days exploring.

Enjoy anyway. If you want any further info or help in either of my suggestions, just let me know.

hillfarmhouse.co.uk/
Not too far away.
Beautiful hotel and very quiet. Amazing breakfast.
A very central place. Some nice pubs nearby.
Not too far from Warwick Castle and Stratford upon Avon.

Original Poster

thanks for all your ideas guys, much appreciated!

Try BLACKPOOL its the North mecca.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247665
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769598
    3. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz33
    4. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1013

See more discussions