Groups
    EXPIRED

Weekend Away For 4 Year Anniversary

Banned
    Got my 4 year anniversary with my gf on the 28th of july and wanting to take her away for the weekend nice relaxing time nice hotel so where just seeing some place new we have been up to london alot to stay in hotels but fancy a change and just need some help from you guys to give me some advice best place to go? stay? see?

Places i am interested in are

dublin
    paris
    venice
    barcelona

if someone else has any suggestions would be wonderful thanks in advance

I was going to start another tread but i will use this one for the time being is there any nice spa resorts / cottages within 2 or 3 hour drive of Surrey that should stay at over a long weekend be nice to get away just relax for few days away from home any ideas or suggestions would be wonderful many thanks in advance aagain

8 Comments

I've just booked a weekend away t o bruges... which was quite cheap £250 for two people inc insurance at a 4* hotel...
    using the eurostar... i noticed today the same deal's now £138 pp exc insurance is leaving tomorrow! Maybe try there? or any deal for the eurostar is quite cheap atm.. especially late deals!

congrats btw.

Original Poster Banned

THANKS GREAT CHOICES MANY THANKS MAY SAVE THOSE FOR ANOTHER RAINY DAY

LOOKING FOR A NICE SPA FOR THE DAY IN LONDON OR HOME COUNTIES AS I LIVE IN SURREY SO CAN SPEND THE DAY THERE THEN NICE MEAL AND MAYBE HOTEL IF BUDGET STRETCHES LOL AND IF IN LONDON WILL PROBABLY TRY AND GET THEATRE TICKETS GOING TO PUSH THE BOAT ON THIS ONE GUYS :thumbsup:

[COLOR="Magenta"]i dont have any deals but just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS[/COLOR]

Original Poster Banned

Thats very kind of you many thanks :thumbsup:

Congrats

dublin: easy to get around ... but not the most picturesque
    paris: expensive and classy... dont miss sacre coeur by far the most romantic/beautiful place in paris. Hit it at dusk and you get a wonderful view of the city. I dunno ... something about Paris just does not grab me though.
    venice: MY FAVOURITE! Shabby sheek, totally fantastic architecture. I just loved loved venice. Husband hated all the delapidated grandeur. St Marcs square and ponte du rialto not to be missed. We never got the chance to go on a gondola cos we had a baby ... but that would have been so romantic!
    barcelona: Some fantastic architecture mainly antoni gaudi. Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell both really awesome.

Yes Gaia I'm with you on Venice..but avoid the busy tourist season...and gondolas if you don't want to get ripped off....we found it not too expensive if you avoid the tourist traps and as Gaia says the architecture is sensational.

i agree with Gaia, i took my g/f to venice and we both loved it.

amazing place that can just pass you by as you walk round. so much to see and a real buzz to the place.

becareful with the water taxis and gondolas though, always settle on a price before you get on. otherwise they will charge you what they want.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Wireless Earphones for Running56
      2. Iptv917
      3. Wifi extender1218
      4. Looking for Missguided unidays code plz11

See more discussions