Expired

Weekend breaks in Iceland.

11 replies
Found 25th Jun 2014
Hey guys,

Wanting to take the mrs away to Iceland for her birthday in October to see the northern lights.

My experiencing with booking holidays is usually through the likes of Thomson and such but wondering if there is any better websites?

Had a look on Travel Republic and the price will be about £500 for the both of us from the Friday to the Monday.

11 Comments

500 seems like a good price depending on hotel. There are some othe options listed here, but all more expensive I think:
icelandair.co.uk/off…ak/

Might get it cheaper by checking flights via dohop.is/ and then book those and hotel seperately.

Original Poster

Hansi

500 seems like a good price depending on hotel. There are some othe … 500 seems like a good price depending on hotel. There are some othe options listed here, but all more expensive I think:http://www.icelandair.co.uk/offers-and-bookings/book-packages/package/item201439/northern_lights_city_break/Might get it cheaper by checking flights via http://www.dohop.is/ and then book those and hotel seperately.

To be fair £500 wouldn't really bother me, paid over £500 last year to go to London for her birthday.

Just trying to figure out what the best area in Iceland is to go to see the lights and to enjoy the other things that are on offer like the volcano's and such.

Have a look on holiday pirates as sunshinestacey posted this deal Your text here, might help you.

Original Poster

Toptrumpet

Have a look on holiday pirates as sunshinestacey posted this deal Your … Have a look on holiday pirates as sunshinestacey posted this deal Your text here, might help you.

Cheers for the link, Holiday Stacey posted is too early for when I am going but will defo keep an eye for further postings.

Banned

I took my mrs to Iceland last night. Didn't see any Northern Lights though, Eerie glow of freezer lights though.

Original Poster

Musician

I took my mrs to Iceland last night. Didn't see any Northern Lights … I took my mrs to Iceland last night. Didn't see any Northern Lights though, Eerie glow of freezer lights though.

Shame she never looked up, would have seen the famous Iceland ceiling lights

DeusVentus

Just trying to figure out what the best area in Iceland is to go to see … Just trying to figure out what the best area in Iceland is to go to see the lights and to enjoy the other things that are on offer like the volcano's and such.

I've seen them all over but most turists have mentioned seeing them on the south coast when doing short trips.

You are in Glasgow, yeah? check skyscanner.net. Flights with easyjet from edi start around £113 return each for oct, still probably going to be round £100 a night hotel, plus car parking or bus or taxi to edi.

We did it all via Expedia separate. Blue lagoon is amazing. Book a good package there online, cheaper than doing it there and then. Northern circle can be done by a car on your own. Then you don't have the crowds on a trip. Don't book it all on the idea you will definitely see the lights. It's a bonus if you do but so many other great things to see and do

I stayed at the lothledir hotel a couple of yrs back. The northern lights were not visible during my stay Blue lagoon is a must! Go see the geiser's too. Seeing/standing inbetween the tectonic plates that separate Eurasia and America is also must

Original Poster

SNEEZY

You are in Glasgow, yeah? check skyscanner.net. Flights with easyjet from … You are in Glasgow, yeah? check skyscanner.net. Flights with easyjet from edi start around £113 return each for oct, still probably going to be round £100 a night hotel, plus car parking or bus or taxi to edi.

Yeah I'm in Glasgow, not too fussed from where we fly from, will check it out though.

euphoricmess

We did it all via Expedia separate. Blue lagoon is amazing. Book a good … We did it all via Expedia separate. Blue lagoon is amazing. Book a good package there online, cheaper than doing it there and then. Northern circle can be done by a car on your own. Then you don't have the crowds on a trip. Don't book it all on the idea you will definitely see the lights. It's a bonus if you do but so many other great things to see and do

mdekq007

I stayed at the lothledir hotel a couple of yrs back. The northern lights … I stayed at the lothledir hotel a couple of yrs back. The northern lights were not visible during my stay Blue lagoon is a must! Go see the geiser's too. Seeing/standing inbetween the tectonic plates that separate Eurasia and America is also must

The lights would be a huge bonus but I would just like the experience of going to Iceland, its not a place most people think of to visit and from what I have seen it looks lovely
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would35145
    2. UBER can be a waste of money1223
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769252
    4. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)94190

See more discussions