Groups

Weekend in London

We want to take the kids to london next weekend for 2 nights.
    Having a few problems finding a Hotel that will allow 5 in a room (2 adults and 3 kids)
    Anyone know of any that allow this?
    As we are travelling from up north, we are going by car.
    If we got a hotel a little away from London is there any easy parking in london, near a tube station etc that is safe and not cost us the earth?

We have stopped at a Hilton in manchester that gave us a family room for all of us, so I know some will allow this. just cant afford to pay for 2 rooms.

Any recommendations greatly recieved

Thanks

14 Comments

Family rooms in london and parking???

I think there may be a site you can look up parking.... see if someone remembers it.

But London isn't like Manc hun.... You cant just expect parking and a family room to be found easily.

Where I live all our parking is residents only or you have to receive a parking permit from a resident to park..

park-up.com/

or this one...

parkatmyhouse.co.uk/lon…ng/

These sites might help.... maybe xx

Uhm also, remember you may need to pay Congestion Charge x

Two adults and 3 kids. Try YHA. They have family rooms. The New London Central one seems to be in a good location. Or the recently refurbished st Pancras. Regarding parking - have you tried 'rent my drive'? We intend to use this next week. (Got our eye on someones drive in Greenwich!) Not far from tube.

LJM;6734404

Two adults and 3 kids. Try YHA. They have family rooms. The New London … Two adults and 3 kids. Try YHA. They have family rooms. The New London Central one seems to be in a good location. Or the recently refurbished st Pancras. Regarding parking - have you tried 'rent my drive'? We intend to use this next week. (Got our eye on someones drive in Greenwich!) Not far from tube.

Greenwich isnt too far from me... have a lovely time xx

ClarityofMind;6734448

Greenwich isnt too far from me... have a lovely time xx

Thank you. I wonder if youve got a nearer drive?!!!!!!!!!! Going to 02.

LJM;6734462

Thank you. I wonder if youve got a nearer drive?!!!!!!!!!! Going to 02.

Nope, have enough trouble with our own cars, have to pay a yearly parking fee and for permits for any visitors we have :oops:

Better round here now though since they brought in the zoning.... you couldn't find a parking space as a resident before, so that's why it's so difficult xx

When we go to the 02 we'd just catch the tube....

Also I think its £20 per day to park at the 02 if you pre-book... would have to check that though xx

Close but not perfect lol :

" The O2 arena
    Pre-booked car parking is available for all events at The O2 arena. It is recommended that tickets are pre-booked due to limited availability. To purchase your ticket today click the link below or call us on 020 8463 6718 (10am - 8pm daily)*. Pre-booked tickets are £17.50 plus £1.75 service charge**. Pre-booked tickets can be purchased up until 5pm on the day of an evening event or up to 2 hours before a matinee performance.

Please note: Parking for visitors to The O2 arena who have not pre-booked is £25"

i recently stayed in an ibis hotel with my wife and 2 kids (3 and 6month). On their site it said the room can only have 3 people but i called the hotel i wanted to stay at and they said to make tohe booking for 3 people and then call them to let them know of the 4th (infant). they also provided a travel cot for free. hope this helps.

Also, OP dont just assume you can walk into a restaurant and get a table to eat at lunch/dinner always best to pre-book unless you're happy with Macdonalds etc xxx

ClarityofMind;6734497

Close but not perfect lol :" The O2 arenaPre-booked car parking is … Close but not perfect lol :" The O2 arenaPre-booked car parking is available for all events at The O2 arena. It is recommended that tickets are pre-booked due to limited availability. To purchase your ticket today click the link below or call us on 020 8463 6718 (10am - 8pm daily)*. Pre-booked tickets are £17.50 plus £1.75 service charge**. Pre-booked tickets can be purchased up until 5pm on the day of an evening event or up to 2 hours before a matinee performance.Please note: Parking for visitors to The O2 arena who have not pre-booked is £25"

Thanks for this info. I have just checked and the driveway I was looking at is now fully booked so may have to park at the 02 after all.

LJM;6734621

Thanks for this info. I have just checked and the driveway I was looking … Thanks for this info. I have just checked and the driveway I was looking at is now fully booked so may have to park at the 02 after all.

Least you have the car right there then xxxx

Original Poster

Thanks for all the comments,
    Re the parking in london.
    I do realise that parking will not be easy, hence why I asked. I wasn't comparing manchester to london. I have been to both and know the difference.
    I was thinking more along the lines of parking as far out of central london as poss near a tube station.
    That way we could stop at, say, Reading Hilton or Dartford area and drive as close as nec and train the rest.

m623d;6734656

Thanks for all the comments,Re the parking in london.I do realise that … Thanks for all the comments,Re the parking in london.I do realise that parking will not be easy, hence why I asked. I wasn't comparing manchester to london. I have been to both and know the difference.I was thinking more along the lines of parking as far out of central london as poss near a tube station.That way we could stop at, say, Reading Hilton or Dartford area and drive as close as nec and train the rest.

Dartford isnt too far out at all Though if you have kiddies with them depending on their ages and what you wanna be doing, I'd think carefully about the travelling times. ( My teens are cool with me messin them around with travel but my 4yr old has no patience for it ) x

I did look up family rooms for you and found some by googling but would have no idea what you'd want... hit the google monster x

Hi

We just came back from a weekend in London and stayed at a Express Holiday Inn, Docklands got 2 nights with breakfast (deluxe Cont) for £112 total (plus quidco brings down to £104) for 2 adults and 1 child try this link

ichotelsgroup.com/h/d…ail

or if you have quidco go through there site (Intercontinental hotel groups) and look for the weekend websavers deal. It needs to search in rate preference 'Exclusive Prepaid A'

The tube and DLR station is only a few mins walk and it's only 1 stop on tube to O2 ( coz we went ;o) ) if you buy railcard it is cheap we only paid £13 for the 3 of us for unlimited travel for the day.
    You can park at the hotel for £8 a day but there is also street parking around there so could park for free I'm sure.

We found this hotel really convenient and a great price so was well worth going a bit further out, But if you want the O2 it is perfect for you and probably cheaper to have 2 rooms than a more expensive hotel for 1 big room.

Also there are some great 2 for 1 and money off deals for alot of attractions in London so have a good look around to download for you go ;o) Don't bother with the London Bridge Experience thou was a total rip off and completely rubbish!!!

Have a great time.

i think it's splendia, do cashback on quidco, £50 a room, so that's worth looking at to see if they can find a room online, and save a few quid in the process
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      4. love affairs912

See more discussions