Posted 14th Aug 2022
I always thought our weekly shop was expensive for a family of 6. Around £160-£200 a week. Yet I'm out on holiday in Antigua and we done about a 5 day shop and it came to £235. I know alot of stuff costs higher because of imports but wowzer I did not expect it to be they high. They had frozen pizzas with £1 picture on the actual box on but charge £5 each lol. Makes me feel better about our UK shopping now!!
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

Groups

20 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    How on earth do you spend £160-£200 per week on food shopping? You must be shopping at Tesco\Morrisons I guess and buying all the main brands.

Replying to

Don't buy branded and you could save enough to eat what you want in antigua. Guarantee the kids wont notice.
  2. Avatar
    Hope you found a place that serves full English breafast every morning.
    And EastEnders on TV
  3. Avatar
    If you are buying frozen pizza in Antigua with a £1 picture on the box (presumably) then that's where your money has gone.....

Buy fresh, buy local.

We have a house in Antigua and don't buy anything that isn't from the islands.
    Author
    Yes I'm guessing local stores would be better. Beautiful island though and we ate out yesterday at a beach diner with Lobster. Would love to have a house here.
  4. Avatar
    If youa re on holiday, why are you shopping? Shouldn't you be having your meals at restaurants? (edited)
    Author
    We are a family of 6 and it would cost a fortune for all inclusive. We much prefer hiring a villa and car then do what we want. Get some food in or eat out. Maybe when we're just a couple and the kids are all grown up we will go for the all inclusive holidays.
  5. Avatar
    Who’s doing a big shop in Antigua though really, effing Jack Sparrow here. (edited)
Top Merchants