Weight gain during lockdown

Posted 13th Apr
Despite trying to keep active,home workouts 4 times a week the odd bike ride and watching what I eat I have gained a whopping 6 pounds anyone else having problems buckling there belt as they try to put there trousers on after lockdown.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
deleted2412750
40396133-b6YUL.jpgThis'll be me getting ready for my first day back in the office the way things are going.
You might have gained a bit muscle in them 6lbs or you might just need a big poop
21 Comments
You might have gained a bit muscle in them 6lbs or you might just need a big poop
Had the same issue except that I wasn’t exercising hard enough! I now exercise everyday at 9 am before breakfast with Joe Wicks (I know it meant to be for kids ) and I push myself to the fullest for that 25 odd minutes, Monday to Friday and it seems that’s working! I have lost some weight now.
The other thing that might be happening with you is that you’re really exercising hard and your muscles are “swelling” which causes a slight weight gain, this is normal as the muscles will get back to normal and then you lose fat weight and gain muscle weigh which is ideal! Good luck
My exercise starts in 5 min
Edited by: "sfndkks" 13th Apr
deleted2412750
40396133-b6YUL.jpgThis'll be me getting ready for my first day back in the office the way things are going.
40396158-bdjBx.jpg
Joking aside I wouldn’t worry about it too much. If you’re feeling conscious perhaps control your portion sizes a little more and up the ante in your home workouts and bike rides. Also make sure you’re not over-snacking/boredom eating.
Yeah I go to the gym a lot a lot of it must be water retention I reckon
ChelseaRae13/04/2020 09:01

[Image] Joking aside I wouldn’t worry about it too much. If you’re feeling …[Image] Joking aside I wouldn’t worry about it too much. If you’re feeling conscious perhaps control your portion sizes a little more and up the ante in your home workouts and bike rides. Also make sure you’re not over-snacking/boredom eating.

May also be hormone related. Our hormones can play a large roll . Stress for example may increase cortisol levels in your body which could lead to weight gain.
Change in hormone profile is why post menopausal women gain weight even if they are in a caloric deficit..
Edited by: "JumpMan1980" 13th Apr
I’m sat on couch all day apart from 100 press-ups, that is helping a bit.
No scales in the house luckily
I'm back at work today but fear i've put weight on as having just had over 2 weeks off i've spent over £200 on 3 deliveries of beer . Coke zero & water today though
snoopy1813/04/2020 09:54

I’m sat on couch all day apart from 100 press-ups, that is helping a bit. N …I’m sat on couch all day apart from 100 press-ups, that is helping a bit. No scales in the house luckily

You doing the 100 in sets? Are you finding them easy if so double them or triple, just make sure you're pushing yourself a bit. I used to do sets of 50 when I was at the gym
Toon_army13/04/2020 10:02

You doing the 100 in sets? Are you finding them easy if so double them or …You doing the 100 in sets? Are you finding them easy if so double them or triple, just make sure you're pushing yourself a bit. I used to do sets of 50 when I was at the gym

No 100 all day, not strong enough to do anything else, can do about 40 but they are probably not great ones
50 is impressive
I've been clearing my shed last few days to make space for a gym, was lucky enough to have all the equipment already. Prices have gone through the roof on ebay and gumtree for used stuff. Anyway started working out in my room a few days ago and my body is aching but I'll stick with it. I know the only thing I'll have trouble with is eating healthily.
snoopy1813/04/2020 10:04

No 100 all day, not strong enough to do anything else, can do about 40 but …No 100 all day, not strong enough to do anything else, can do about 40 but they are probably not great ones 50 is impressive

Its not when your mates can knock out hundreds in a row lol. I've only just started doing them again last week 20-30 as many sets as I can possibly do. Probably a few hundred.
As long as you get your form right, 1 might be better than 10 of the dodgy ones people do.
Try doing some on the morning, some on the evening. You'll get better and better super quick
Toon_army13/04/2020 10:12

Its not when your mates can knock out hundreds in a row lol. I've only …Its not when your mates can knock out hundreds in a row lol. I've only just started doing them again last week 20-30 as many sets as I can possibly do. Probably a few hundred.As long as you get your form right, 1 might be better than 10 of the dodgy ones people do.Try doing some on the morning, some on the evening. You'll get better and better super quick

Some fit lads that.
I went a bit mad one year and did 14000 to win this girl over, it didn’t work but it improved my game of squash no end
snoopy1813/04/2020 10:24

Some fit lads that. I went a bit mad one year and did 14000 to win this …Some fit lads that. I went a bit mad one year and did 14000 to win this girl over, it didn’t work but it improved my game of squash no end

14000 jesus thats some going, gutted you didnt get the girl lol. Least you got them gains!
A lad I used to know had a record for how ever many pushups in an hour and something daft like stayed on a punch bag for 24hrs for charity.
Hes was a boxer all his life, turned nuts then ended up in jail. Wonder if he does any challenges in there for charity, if they let him!
Toon_army13/04/2020 10:28

14000 jesus thats some going, gutted you didnt get the girl lol. Least you …14000 jesus thats some going, gutted you didnt get the girl lol. Least you got them gains!A lad I used to know had a record for how ever many pushups in an hour and something daft like stayed on a punch bag for 24hrs for charity. Hes was a boxer all his life, turned nuts then ended up in jail. Wonder if he does any challenges in there for charity, if they let him!

It was when I couldn’t do any at the start lol
My squash is still benefiting so that’s something
A guy I know a bit was in Guineas book of records for so many in an hour as well lol
A punchbag is hard work for 3 minutes lol
To be honest boxvr is a great workout been trying to fit that in a long with the odd bit of cycling and cheese rolling
Rune_2H13/04/2020 10:38

Comment deleted

Keep at it though, maybe use less weight for the next few days. That's what I plan to do, I took a break yesterday but need to workout this evening.
Rune_2H13/04/2020 10:43

Comment deleted

Doesn't matter how much you can push right now, you will definitely get better. Like you said food and consistency and I'll also say proper form is really important too. I'm not even doing bench presses for a week or so, I'll let my body adjust first.
When you see a 48 pack of chocolate on amazon posted on here, you know who's to blame
Im sure 12 cans of carling a nights not helping
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions