Weird Amazon Refund

Found 14th Dec 2013
I bought the Hobbit BluRay on the Black Friday deals, they took the money I got the item, all good.

Today I get an email:

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

We are writing to confirm that we are processing your refund in the amount of £6.50 for your Order

This amount has been credited to your payment method and will appear when your bank has processed it.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Extended Edition [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2012] [Region Free]
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B00EAK9MK0
Reason for refund: Item pricing error

The following is the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Goodwill Refund: £6.50

That figure is the original discount they took off for Black Friday. I checked my account and it's showing in there as well.

Now I know many of us here grabbed this, so has anyone else experienced the same?
Community Updates
17 Comments
Thats pretty awesome to be honest.. hats off to amazon
I got the same email too
Yes I got the similar mail from amazon about another product that got £2 refunded?!
Banned
pity they aren't so generous with paying taxes.
mushraf2011

Yes I got the similar mail from amazon about another product that got £2 … Yes I got the similar mail from amazon about another product that got £2 refunded?!

me too.
how random, good time to get any money back coming upto christmas
toshapetriji

pity they aren't so generous with paying taxes.

If it keeps the customer happy and gives a better buying experience when they are not paying taxes then i say let them stay that way.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 14th Dec 2013
missed the hobbit, but she got the Madagascar triple Blu-ray set, and we got a similar email with a promised £8 refund ... confused the hell out of me glad someone else has got similar!
I wonder if they can reverse the payment if they find it was an error?
Just checked my email and I've got it too!

Nice one
i got the same e-mail - does anybody know the reason behind this? i checked my credit card statement and they took the right amount in the first place (£10.49). I'm not complaining but i'm just confused about it
Ditto, got this email! Must admit it freaked me out a bit, made me think that I need to check my statements a bit more!
And here, just thought they charged it wrong to begin with, cant be arsed to look
Got the exact same email.
Banned
deleted57959

They pay what they HAVE too, blame the government for allowing loopholes.

They go out of their way to avoid. The have no respect for the countries they operate in, they want all the benefits of a well run economy but don't want to contribute to it.
If I am not mistaken, I read about people who were billed the full price for items on black friday and this may be the reason for refunds? Only a guess here
Original Poster

I got another email this afternoon, I checked my bank and the refund is in and they didn't take £16.99 originally they took the correct £10.49.

Hello,We're contacting you regarding your Amazon.co.uk order which … Hello,We're contacting you regarding your Amazon.co.uk order which includes the following:------------------------------------------------------Title: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Extended Edition [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2012] [Region Free]------------------------------------------------------Due to a technical issue, you were incorrectly charged GBP 16.99 for this item in our Black Friday Lightning Deals promotion rather than GBP 10.49. We’ve therefore requested a refund of GBP 6.50 to your payment card.Refunds go through to the original payment method used within 2 to 3 business days, so you should see this credited to your account on your next statement. Please note, this does not include your bank's processing time. On the date the refund is completed, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, amount and payment details.We apologise for any inconvenience caused.Regards,Customer Service Department

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions