Weird but tasty recipes and food combinations thread

Found 4th Mar 2014
Whether you like to dip your chips in your chocolate milkshake in McDonald's to make 'chocolate chips' (I've done that as a child), or eat lightly seasoned peanut butter and bovril sandwiches (my teenage favorite).

Or maybe you just want to eat bacon and wedges with maple syrup because it's pancake day and you prefer bacon (I've mixed in some reggae reggae sauce for a bit of a kick, it's pretty good).

If really adventurous you might want to fry up some banana and onions for dinner (this one wasn't me but someone I know, I swear!)

Have no fear of food snobs shooting you down as you are much more likely to die from coronary heart disease or by choking on a Cadbury's cream egg anyway, why care what people say?...

Bonus points if your combination was inspired by a deal on HUKD.

Extra points if you provide pictures... The only rule is you have to like it!

1. Misc
  2. Food
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Food
23 Comments

The Krispy Kreme burger!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/birdyboyuk/HUKD%20Stuff/KKBurgerbefore.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/birdyboyuk/HUKD%20Stuff/KKBurgerafter.jpg

Not sure if this is a weird food combination or not but only for those with a sweet tooth and those who like Golden Syrup. Hot toast with Golden Syrup.

Very sweet but oh so nice when the syrup melts on the toast

birdyboyuk

The Krispy Kreme burger!

That is mental.

But I want one

X)

birdyboyuk

The Krispy Kreme burger!

You sicken me.

Where can I get some Krispy kremes?

Towards the end of a party a group of us were putting olives in the chocolate fountain and they were lovely but funnily enough I haven't tried them since. Maybe they wouldn't have tasted so good with a sober head but maybe it's one of those salty/sweet combinations that does work.

i have jam and cheese sandwiches for my packed lunch

Banned

Soup and chips (Wiganers)

McDonald's fries dipped into their ice cream.
Or as I tried earlier this afternoon walkers salt and vinegar French fries dipped in red bull (it had already been a long shift and I still had four hours left)

M0nk3h

Not sure if this is a weird food combination or not but only for those … Not sure if this is a weird food combination or not but only for those with a sweet tooth and those who like Golden Syrup. Hot toast with Golden Syrup.Very sweet but oh so nice when the syrup melts on the toast

how is that weird .. or did you forget to mention the prawns?

Original Poster

ripoffh8er

Towards the end of a party a group of us were putting olives in the … Towards the end of a party a group of us were putting olives in the chocolate fountain and they were lovely but funnily enough I haven't tried them since. Maybe they wouldn't have tasted so good with a sober head but maybe it's one of those salty/sweet combinations that does work.

Chilli and chocolate doesn't sound like it would work either (some people like it - not me). I guess someone has to try it first to find out if it can work.. Maybe one day I'll be drunk enough to try yours

Original Poster

Just to be clear, the peanut butter and bovril mentioned above is in one sandwich. Just one slice of each, add a little salt to the peanut butter one and then combine. Don't know why it works, but it does!

*adds bovril to shopping list.
Edited by: "delusion" 4th Mar 2014

M0nk3h

Not sure if this is a weird food combination or not but only for those … Not sure if this is a weird food combination or not but only for those with a sweet tooth and those who like Golden Syrup. Hot toast with Golden Syrup.Very sweet but oh so nice when the syrup melts on the toast

ripoffh8er

Towards the end of a party a group of us were putting olives in the … Towards the end of a party a group of us were putting olives in the chocolate fountain and they were lovely but funnily enough I haven't tried them since. Maybe they wouldn't have tasted so good with a sober head but maybe it's one of those salty/sweet combinations that does work.

I don't know, I usually get the odd "Eww" from people. I have quite the sweet tooth so like to try things like that. As I said, unsure if it was weird.

Like lots of salted butter and nutella or other chocolate spread on toast.

Banana and branston pickle butties....delish!

Corned beef sandwich with walkers cheese n onion crisps n marmite.

cheese and apple is amazing together and use to eat jam and cheese on toast loads as a teenager. I still make my girls cheese and jam but use philidelphia so suppose it's more of a cheesecake on toast!

a bite of chocolate and salt and vinger crisps is also very nice

I can't really think of any odd combinations that I like. My husband and kids like cheese and jam sandwiches-yuck!!

I have a recipe for Black olive ice cream, trust me it works.

Original Poster

airfix

I have a recipe for Black olive ice cream, trust me it works.

There is a gelateria in pisa which does lots of natural and unusual flavours such as lavender - its very highly rated but didn't get the chance to see it last time I was there.

Olive ice cream sounds weird but I like both. If you get time to share the recipe please do

Edited by: "delusion" 9th Mar 2014

Original Poster

New one I've heard today: Cadbury's Cream Egg brownies! Cut a cream egg in half near the end of baking the brownie, place half an egg wedged on top of each serving then finish baking so it melts in. Meant to be sickly sweet but very tasty.... :s

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jMJx3zb46EM/UTOBUEk7pBI/AAAAAAAACA8/02kPNPcET_8/s1600/P1040906.jpg
Edited by: "delusion" 11th Mar 2014

spinach (steamed) and lemon juice

delusion

Chilli and chocolate doesn't sound like it would work either (some people … Chilli and chocolate doesn't sound like it would work either (some people like it - not me). I guess someone has to try it first to find out if it can work.. Maybe one day I'll be drunk enough to try yours

chilli and chocolate used a lot in south american cooking
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants