Groups
    EXPIRED

weird pound coin

Deleted

17 Comments

Hmmm if its like a pound coin same wight and that drop it in a vending machine and then you dont have to worry about them

Banned

if it's only a pound, it might be worth keeping hold of for the sakes of a quid. put it on ebay as rare.

lil_tiger;5787134

yeah thanks....I've already read that....was just wondering if people … yeah thanks....I've already read that....was just wondering if people would just spend it and let it back into the system or keep it out to stop it insulting someone...that article doesnt mention to do anything with such coins, just tells people they exist

Personally I would just spend it, eventually it will be taken out of circulation.

Legally, I think you're just supposed to dispose of the coin. You aren't allowed to spend it, since using counterfeit money is a criminal offence. Personally, I'd either keep it aside as a neat little novelty, and spend it on a bus at some point when I couldn't find another coin. Wheter it'd offend anyone or not, I don't know. I think it's more just a neat novelty for a string of people, 'cos I'd think it kinda interesting if I got a coin like that, and I guess that anyone interested enough to look at their coins would do too.

dxx;5787238

Legally, I think you're just supposed to dispose of the coin. You aren't … Legally, I think you're just supposed to dispose of the coin. You aren't allowed to spend it, since using counterfeit money is a criminal offence. Personally, I'd either keep it aside as a neat little novelty, and spend it on a bus at some point when I couldn't find another coin. Wheter it'd offend anyone or not, I don't know. I think it's more just a neat novelty for a string of people, 'cos I'd think it kinda interesting if I got a coin like that, and I guess that anyone interested enough to look at their coins would do too.

It`s not couterfeit... it`s a genuine coin engraved with RIRA across the Queens head.

cuzzy;5787264

It`s not couterfeit... it`s a genuine coin engraved with RIRA across the … It`s not couterfeit... it`s a genuine coin engraved with RIRA across the Queens head.

Ah, right. I thought she meant that the whole coin had been made by the RIRA rather than just the letters on the queen's head. It does make things interesting, though. I know it's illegal to deface money (credit to the guy that did the googling, ]linky), but spending defaced money, I'm stumped. I still think it'd be cool to put the coin back into circulation though for the next curious person to find it. I'd be chuffed to find a coin like that, anyway.

Its just like graffiti on a wall,its just been done on a normal pound coin instead

Banned

take it to a bank and they will replace it

lil_tiger;5792042

yeah I thought that, get it out of the loop

whats the problem with it?

Its like 5 pounds notes - everyone knows you have to draw a willy on them cos theres so few!

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5792218

I'd ebay it.

might be taken off because its related to terrorism?

lil_tiger;5792228

might be taken off because its related to terrorism?

i highly doubt that lol.

Who looks at coins? I just spend them. :-D

dcx_badass;5792925

It's a £1 coin, not a nail bomb.

angelfairee;5792969

i guess its not gonna be rare as anyone could just do the same thing?

I just got one today I think I will frame it and look carefully at my change in the future. hell of a way to make a point in these straitened times to make people lose a pound
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1344
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047105
      3. word association Game73944484
      4. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …25102

See more discussions