Weird text message on new phone

Found 21st Aug 2012
Just got my brand new phone this morning. Phoned Orange to get it activated. I read the texts they sent, deleted them and rebooted. As soon as it rebooted I got a text message from 07528 582761. All it said was "Bone dry pukka cheese fat bagz" Huh? A quick Google didn't throw anything up. Any ideas, bearing in mind it's a brand new phone straight out of a sealed box?

27 Comments

Original Poster

I rang the number and it was an Orange answerphone. Maybe a test text or something?

Probably Siri trying to tell you to lose weight

Original Poster

sufchenko

Probably Siri trying to tell you to lose weight

Doubtful. I'm 4 stone soaking wet X)

Did you keep your old telephone number or is this a new one in which case it may be a recycled number.

Recycled number. Sounds like street language for drugs pukka weed he got in big bags maybe.

This has happened to me too, brand new phone and new sim (o2 - i think) quickly got a weird message, it read like some yoof was txtin 1 of der crew, innit. This was about a year and a half ago. No Idea why!

Original Poster

mittu1

Did you keep your old telephone number or is this a new one in which case … Did you keep your old telephone number or is this a new one in which case it may be a recycled number.

It's a new number. I was thinking it may just be a coincidence, and someone had typed the wrong number. But even if that was the case, the message is still a bit weird.

Original Poster

dga

Unlucky, you just got a troll companion. New number?

Yeah, have pm'd it to you.

Reply along the lines of
"Rong numba bro"
or
"Dis int ur m8, dis be deek *kisses teeth* BRAP"

Original Poster

Mikethemanc

Reply along the lines of "Rong numba bro"or"Dis int ur m8, dis be deek … Reply along the lines of "Rong numba bro"or"Dis int ur m8, dis be deek *kisses teeth* BRAP"

I did. Well, something like that. Well, actually I said "who is this?"

deek72

I did. Well, something like that. Well, actually I said "who is this?"

inb4 it's DLM

Banned

Is this one of those "I've got a new phone" threads? X)

Original Poster

guv

Is this one of those "I've got a new phone" threads? X)

I already did that one the other day

Original Poster

moose109

inb4 it's DLM

I've not give her the number yet.

It was me.

http://hugelol.com/i/5099.gif

http://cdn2.nowaygirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/51Qq0R1qctkcl.jpg

Sign it up to loads of text alerts.

Basically they were asking if you'd like to buy any cannabis

Original Poster

Dehumanization

It was me.

Ah, that's ok then. Call me

Original Poster

dga

You've had the long press/block discussion right?

Doesn't happen. It's not an iPhone you know.

Banned

Cheese is a street name for weed isn't it?

Bone dry is referring to its quality, and I believe the Phat bagz is referring to its quantity!

If thats meant to mean an awesome quality big bag of weed then you guys seriously need to stop smoking it lol

Original Poster

I've installed Handcent and blacklisted the druggie Mofo.

I've always thought if you were going to send a random text to a random person "I've hid the body, now what?" Is a better choice.

deek72

I've installed Handcent and blacklisted the druggie Mofo.

looks like you have been given a recycled number by orange, they seem to do this a lot and then you suddenly get weirdos ringing,. i got a load of missed calls on a brand new number a few weeks back at 3am, just rang orange , they said its probably a recycled number, and just gave me a new one

Original Poster

MoreForMePound

looks like you have been given a recycled number by orange, they seem to … looks like you have been given a recycled number by orange, they seem to do this a lot and then you suddenly get weirdos ringing,. i got a load of missed calls on a brand new number a few weeks back at 3am, just rang orange , they said its probably a recycled number, and just gave me a new one

Thanks for that. I'll see how it goes before I ask for a new number.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions