Welcome to all 'new' non-smoking members

Have any previous smokers given up as of midnight?

44 Comments

Banned

I had my last ciggie one hour ago, giving it another go been back on them for two months after giving up for four months, so having another go :oops:

Original Poster

sassie

I had my last ciggie one hour ago, giving it another go been back on them … I had my last ciggie one hour ago, giving it another go been back on them for two months after giving up for four months, so having another go :oops:

Go you!! keep us posted as to your progress - firehaven bears testament to the power of public support - your pocket, lungs, family and friends will thank you too:thumbsup:

Banned

jelli89

Go you!! keep us posted as to your progress - firehaven bears testament … Go you!! keep us posted as to your progress - firehaven bears testament to the power of public support - your pocket, lungs, family and friends will thank you too:thumbsup:

awww thank you, this will be about the fourth time i have given up in two years, i seem to do 3 to 4 months then go back on them, mind the weight thing doesnt help :oops:

I will try and join in sometime, but right now is not the right time :whistling:

Banned

Crazy1

I will try and join in sometime, but right now is not the right time … I will try and join in sometime, but right now is not the right time :whistling:

Its ok there on two nights a week so if you miss tonights you can always go another one :giggle:

sassie

I had my last ciggie one hour ago, giving it another go been back on them … I had my last ciggie one hour ago, giving it another go been back on them for two months after giving up for four months, so having another go :oops:

Took me three or four attempts before I finally gave up over 15 years ago.

thank god at last i dont have to take in them fumes!!!!

http://www.myspaceacademy.com/glitter_graphics/good_luck/good_luck_glitter_graphic_04.gif

I admire anyone who manages to give up for any period of time - at least you are trying!

I have never been a smoker (thank goodness) but my dear old Mum smokes like 50 a day. I so wish she would give up - apart from her health worrying me, it costs her so much money that she has to miss out on other things.

I have talked to her numerous times about giving up, but she just says "yeah, yeah" and then carries on. She says she would like to stop smoking but doesn't get past chewing one gum in place of a ciggie, so I don't think her heart is really in it.

Wish all of you trying all the best, though - I feel for you the struggle it must be.

Support each other.

Use the NHS stop smoking service. £6 for all the patches/gums/inhalers etc you need and meetings with a personal advisor every week.

I gave up with the Boots stop smoking service 15 months ago.

6 months today for me! :w00t:

I certainly won't give up because the nanny state tells me to. I'd rather suck on lemons. They can stick their smoking ban up their collective upper class jacksies.

Banned

Scribbles

I certainly won't give up because the nanny state tells me to. I'd … I certainly won't give up because the nanny state tells me to. I'd rather suck on lemons. They can stick their smoking ban up their collective upper class jacksies.

So you've gone your first 12 hours without a ciggy, yeah?

I have not tried to give up. I intend to give it a go, but I won't be forced to by the state. I think they call it 'pig-headedness', and i'll be the first to admit that I can be pig-headed at times. I just don't like being told what to do, then held at proverbial gunpoint by the establishment to get me to do it.
I'll give it up (attempt to?) when i'm good and ready to ;-)

Banned

I don't agree with the ban at all and would not have given up for it.

I just stopped smoking mid January after many years because I didn't feel like smoking. Still have had one since with no substitute.

I think that you just want to have to really give up in the first place or nothing will help you.

As Crazy said, for him it is not the right time.

But, good luck for anyone who is trying.

Cars are causing far more air pollution anyway, can't see them banning them:whistling:

More young children in prams are at the same level as exhausts than breathing in second hand smoke.

For every arguement against smoking, there is a bigger arguement against something else.

Banned

14 hours and now desperate :giggle: I agree that no-one should be bullied into giving up smoking, well not by the state anyway. I have given up today purely because i was going to give up over a month ago and a friend came over form greece with several hundred smokes :oops: I smoked the last one last night and thought if there was ever a right time maybe now is it, with the help of going places and being unable to smoke

Good luck to those going for it, and good luck to those who aint, we all need a little extra luck as smokers :thumbsup:

I thought the smoking ban was to ban smoking in public places :? Not for everyone to give up....:thinking:

Good Luck to those who are trying!!! :thumbsup:

Gave up 11 years ago this september, took several attempts but managed it eventually.

Original Poster

sassie

14 hours and now desperate :giggle: I agree that no-one should be bullied … 14 hours and now desperate :giggle: I agree that no-one should be bullied into giving up smoking, well not by the state anyway. I have given up today purely because i was going to give up over a month ago and a friend came over form greece with several hundred smokes :oops: I smoked the last one last night and thought if there was ever a right time maybe now is it, with the help of going places and being unable to smokeGood luck to those going for it, and good luck to those who aint, we all need a little extra luck as smokers :thumbsup:

how's it going?

dose the smoking ban mean that goron brown or his cronys can smoke inside number 10 or houses of parliment? there work places

Giving up @ 00.00 35 mins to go will get around three more in before i stop for good :0) i think stopping now when the ban is in will give me more surport really am scared have no patches yet got to get through my morning coffie once i have done that the rest of the day will be a breeze......................

"Right going for what is hopfully my last fag:-D "

Banned

jelli89

how's it going?

Well i got through day one :oops:

Meagain - I hope you managed to get through your morning coffee without a ciggie, i find wearing a patch the first two days help, mind they drive me nuts as they do irritate and mark me, but they do help with the initial giving up part, anyways good luck :thumbsup:

Scribbles

I certainly won't give up because the nanny state tells me to. I'd … I certainly won't give up because the nanny state tells me to. I'd rather suck on lemons. They can stick their smoking ban up their collective upper class jacksies.

The ban is not to make you stop smoking. Just to stop workers having it inflicted on them whilst they are at work.

Scribbles

Tough ****

Hurrah for not coming home stinking like mad, for not damaging my lungs and not for ending up dead like the 600 a year like this person:
]http//en…tle

Tell you what scribbles go tell all the sufferers from smoke that and their family, see how popular you are then.

BECKYBOO

The ban is not to make you stop smoking. Just to stop workers having it … The ban is not to make you stop smoking. Just to stop workers having it inflicted on them whilst they are at work.

Unfortunately 1 major result of these laws will result in a narrowminded minority of stubborn hardcore pro smokers to gravitate towards each other deliberately seeing this law as an attempt to force them to stop smoking rather than seeing it for what it is which is to stop poisoning people around them.

Well i'm doing great so far with the help of patches and will power....Hope everyone is doing as good :thumbsup:

Original Poster

meagain

Well i'm doing great so far with the help of patches and will … Well i'm doing great so far with the help of patches and will power....Hope everyone is doing as good :thumbsup:

good for you - keep it up!

it seems now a baby born this week may never need to come into contact of secondary smoke,cool an instant cure to lung cancer.

oh no we need to remove the 20 million cars first,sigh.

Hows it all going then?, Its been a while since the last post! (And i'm nosey, sorry! )

I'm doing great been two whole weeks:thumbsup: have not used the patches for about four days.... i already hate the smell and that's great:p not as bad as i thought it would be at all .................hope everyone is doing as good as me ;-)

Well done meagain.

Thats great Meagain!

Well done, :thumbsup:

Thank you i feel really good:p well worth it....

Original Poster

meagain

I'm doing great been two whole weeks:thumbsup: have not used the patches … I'm doing great been two whole weeks:thumbsup: have not used the patches for about four days.... i already hate the smell and that's great:p not as bad as i thought it would be at all .................hope everyone is doing as good as me ;-)

Excellent news...have one of these...
http://growabrain.typepad.com/growabrain/images/pat_on_the_back_1.jpg

meagain

I'm doing great been two whole weeks:thumbsup: have not used the patches … I'm doing great been two whole weeks:thumbsup: have not used the patches for about four days.... i already hate the smell and that's great:p not as bad as i thought it would be at all .................hope everyone is doing as good as me ;-)

Great stuff, hope you keep it up. :-D

jelli89

Excellent news...have one of these...

Cheers Jelli :giggle:& stora

Original Poster

Just dug this out of the vaults and wondered how the new non smokers were holding up?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763902
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846076
    3. (heads up) Mini SNES price finally dropped on Amazon pre orders67
    4. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1415

See more discussions