Groups

well a reckon we are now snowed in!!!

a thought if it stayed off we would get to work but not now! anyone else stuck!

49 Comments

Can't get to work because of a bit of snow?

have you got snow in your keyboard too?

Still waiting for snow in North West London

Where abouts are you?

My cars been snowed in for 3 days.

Original Poster

a will try to upload pics! but we have decided we will walk which will take hours! but we will get there eventually! but the kids will be here safe and tucked up!

Original Poster

Starr

Still waiting for snow in North West London :(Where abouts are you?

glasgow

Unless your car looks like

http://www.scottishlads.co.uk/Images/xtreme/Val%20Disere%202008/Snowed%20in%20Car.jpg

Then i'm sure your car can be moved. In the height of the snow last year, i drove from Birmingham to Machynlleth in Wales, with, apart from a few hairy moments, no problems at all.

This whole country grinds to a halt when it snows, for no reason, with motorists who can't drive in a couple of cm's of snow moaning. Get a grip, some parts of the world are under snow for 6 months!

Banned

Please keep the snow up north

peodude

Can't get to work because of a bit of snow?

But what's the point if snow is bad? World not going to drop revolving if a few people miss a day of work due to adverse conditions. I wouldn't want to risk driving my kids to childminders if the roads are really bad. Some things are more important than a days work.

peodude

Unless your car looks like Then i'm sure your car can be moved. In the … Unless your car looks like Then i'm sure your car can be moved. In the height of the snow last year, i drove from Birmingham to Machynlleth in Wales, with, apart from a few hairy moments, no problems at all. This whole country grinds to a halt when it snows, for no reason, with motorists who can't drive in a couple of cm's of snow moaning. Get a grip, some parts of the world are under snow for 6 months!

Random thing to say but I have a friend who's family is originally from Birmingham but he was raised in Machynlleth and his sister, brother and mum still lives there, wonder if you know him/are related but its a long shot.

Thats my 4ft wall!!
    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/lulusmammy/DSCF4381.jpg

If a few people took that attitude, "if a few people miss work" then the problem quickly becomes more than just a few people. Some people have important jobs to do, whether it's serving you in a shop, or repairing you in hospital. Don't come up with silly excuses just so you can have a day off work.
    Edited by: "peodude" 28th Nov 2010

stewby

But what's the point if snow is bad? World not going to drop revolving if … But what's the point if snow is bad? World not going to drop revolving if a few people miss a day of work due to adverse conditions. I wouldn't want to risk driving my kids to childminders if the roads are really bad. Some things are more important than a days work.

We are also really bad with the snow but will get my son to school (if its open) and will also get myself to work.........safely.

No Snow in Northampton, :o( . It is nice to have snow, everything looks so pretty!

ryouga

Random thing to say but I have a friend who's family is originally from … Random thing to say but I have a friend who's family is originally from Birmingham but he was raised in Machynlleth and his sister, brother and mum still lives there, wonder if you know him/are related but its a long shot.

Nope, i don't know anyone there, we'd rented a cottage just outside the town over New Year.

Banned

Thank god I don't work at the moment
    Edited by: "DLM" 28th Nov 2010

So would i probably, no snow to speak of here so hypothetical. Not many peoples jobs are that important that a day missed (which for most will be holiday or unpaid leave anyway) will be an issue.

bossyboots

We are also really bad with the snow but will get my son to school (if … We are also really bad with the snow but will get my son to school (if its open) and will also get myself to work.........safely.

Original Poster

i have never had a day off in years not even bereavement! so for those who are smug peeeeee offff...

Original Poster

or who try to be smug and know i dont appreciate them please stay out my thread

Banned

pinkshaz

i have never had a day off in years not even bereavement! so for those … i have never had a day off in years not even bereavement! so for those who are smug peeeeee offff...

I am not smug, I am just happy that I don't have to get out of bed in the morning

Spent 2 hours shovelling snow from driveway today.

12" deep.

Fitted snow chains and drove to main road.

@%*[email protected]£% council hadn't even been near!.

Why did I bother?

cannyscot, an organised Scotsman prepared for the inevitable snow in Scotland. Anyone would think Scotland was in the Mediterranean the way some people are caught unaware when snow falls.

I've never not made it to work... I'm beginning to worry a little though. Made it to tesco today and brought a few things for the freezer just in case lol. It's now thunder and lightning here with the snow. I don't like it very much!
    Edited by: "bellabonkers" 28th Nov 2010

peodude

cannyscot, an organised Scotsman prepared for the inevitable snow in … cannyscot, an organised Scotsman prepared for the inevitable snow in Scotland. Anyone would think Scotland was in the Mediterranean the way some people are caught unaware when snow falls.

Yes. Like our council!

It's only been forecast since last week!!

Original Poster

DLM

I am not smug, I am just happy that I don't have to get out of bed in the … I am not smug, I am just happy that I don't have to get out of bed in the morning

i was not digging at you at all trust me but i reckon you know who i was digging at!!! lol x

pinkshaz

i was not digging at you at all trust me but i reckon you know who i … i was not digging at you at all trust me but i reckon you know who i was digging at!!! lol x

You should be digging at the snow if you are indeed snowed in

Original Poster

lol very good but i do what i can

Banned

pinkshaz

i was not digging at you at all trust me but i reckon you know who i … i was not digging at you at all trust me but i reckon you know who i was digging at!!! lol x

I think I know (_;)

Original Poster

DLM

I think I know (_;)

mwah of course you know
    i know i am not on here often but you are the one that i can relate to x

Six inches in Potterspury. No snow though

Banned

pinkshaz

mwah of course you know :)i know i am not on here often but you are the … mwah of course you know :)i know i am not on here often but you are the one that i can relate to x

Thanks honey.

Stay warm and safe x x

Original Poster

thanks dlm a see my other thread went very quickly as i couldnt upload pics!!!

Banned

pinkshaz

thanks dlm a see my other thread went very quickly as i couldnt upload … thanks dlm a see my other thread went very quickly as i couldnt upload pics!!!

I think our on-line friend was jealous of your happy threads

pinkshaz

thanks dlm a see my other thread went very quickly as i couldnt upload … thanks dlm a see my other thread went very quickly as i couldnt upload pics!!!

Pop a pic on here...I'd like to see how bad it is for other people. At a guess we have 20 cm or so here.

Banned

pinkshaz

I was going to spam it tbh....but it already had gone

you have 1 snow thread, no need for another

Original Poster

ODB_69

I was going to spam it tbh....but it already had goneyou have 1 snow … I was going to spam it tbh....but it already had goneyou have 1 snow thread, no need for another

it was for pics

Original Poster

bellabonkers

Pop a pic on here...I'd like to see how bad it is for other people. At a … Pop a pic on here...I'd like to see how bad it is for other people. At a guess we have 20 cm or so here.

i have pics ready but do not know how to do it!

Banned

I put snow chains on beginning of the year to get to work. Saying that if you live within 5 miles of work don't you have to walk?

Snow picture thread here hotukdeals.com/mis…671

put the link to your picture [img#] between these tags [/img#] without the #'s

Banned

pinkshaz

it was for pics

stick em in here then....no offense like but no need for another thread and I'm pretty sure mods would pull it for the same reason tbh
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BBQ Lighter Fuel or Gel22
      2. laptop for editing 4k videos (3840×2160p 30 fps)11
      3. Customs charged too much for a little item!67
      4. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1414

See more discussions