Well done, Lewis.

Found 19th JulEdited by:"Saturn"
A great British success story, and a well-deserved new contract. Humble beginnings to four world championships, with hopefully more to come. At the very top of a very competitive industry, and playing his part in the success of a company that supports over a thousand high-value UK jobs.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
this one could go either way, got to be careful Humble beginnings not sure what that means someone who can afford karting to the extent he did would not necessarily be classed as humble. Great role model, pays all his tax and contributes to the UK economy, even bought a plane recently and of course lives outside of this country for...tax purposes.

So yes British as he was born here, and has a passport but for everything else, the UK is just where his job is based.

Great driver but not sure about anything else.
Can't help feeling a little sorry for lewis. Ugly, no money, crap job, can't get a decent looking girlfriend... it makes you appreciate how lucky you are. Like my mum used to say - there's always someone worse off than you
From humble beginnings to nauseating sycophancy and arrogance.

Talented beyond belief but only inside a car. Outside a car ................. well as others have already said, he is british in name only

Pity he wasn't called Richard. A lot of us could feel comfortable calling him Dick.
37 Comments
this one could go either way, got to be careful Humble beginnings not sure what that means someone who can afford karting to the extent he did would not necessarily be classed as humble. Great role model, pays all his tax and contributes to the UK economy, even bought a plane recently and of course lives outside of this country for...tax purposes.

So yes British as he was born here, and has a passport but for everything else, the UK is just where his job is based.

Great driver but not sure about anything else.
Can't help feeling a little sorry for lewis. Ugly, no money, crap job, can't get a decent looking girlfriend... it makes you appreciate how lucky you are. Like my mum used to say - there's always someone worse off than you
eslick4 m ago

this one could go either way, got to be careful Humble beginnings not …this one could go either way, got to be careful Humble beginnings not sure what that means someone who can afford karting to the extent he did would not necessarily be classed as humble. Great role model, pays all his tax and contributes to the UK economy, even bought a plane recently and of course lives outside of this country for...tax purposes. So yes British as he was born here, and has a passport but for everything else, the UK is just where his job is based.Great driver but not sure about anything else.

Hold on, give someone else a chance, will you? I haven't even got my Bingo Card and Dabber ready yet.
eslick4 m ago

this one could go either way, got to be careful Humble beginnings not …this one could go either way, got to be careful Humble beginnings not sure what that means someone who can afford karting to the extent he did would not necessarily be classed as humble. Great role model, pays all his tax and contributes to the UK economy, even bought a plane recently and of course lives outside of this country for...tax purposes. So yes British as he was born here, and has a passport but for everything else, the UK is just where his job is based.Great driver but not sure about anything else.

Basically pity he doesn't pay his taxes here like the Thousands of workers who have no choice but to pay their taxes here in order to make the thing that helps him win.
deeky4 m ago

Can't help feeling a little sorry for lewis. Ugly, no money, crap job, …Can't help feeling a little sorry for lewis. Ugly, no money, crap job, can't get a decent looking girlfriend... it makes you appreciate how lucky you are. Like my mum used to say - there's always someone worse off than you

Glad to see you have some empathy for someone who many view as just another overpaid driver.
Well Done Martin Lewis, you came a long way!
Saturn3 m ago

Glad to see you have some empathy for someone who many view as just …Glad to see you have some empathy for someone who many view as just another overpaid driver.

All the top sports stars are overpaid when compared to us mere mortals. But I don't think the companies/teams that pay them lose out on the deal very often.
From humble beginnings to nauseating sycophancy and arrogance.

Talented beyond belief but only inside a car. Outside a car ................. well as others have already said, he is british in name only

Pity he wasn't called Richard. A lot of us could feel comfortable calling him Dick.
eslick1 h, 19 m ago

Don't forget this.

refinery29.uk/201…ram
I think he’s one of the time greatest drivers in F1. Immense talent.

He did have humble beginnings but McLaren supported his career financially since he was 13. Also, someone will correct me but I can’t think of any other great driver who has started his F1 career in a top team with a winning car.

Didn’t happen with Vettel, Alonso, Schumacher, or Kimi. All started off with lesser teams.

I love that he can just jump into the car and deliver, even if he’s been partying, flying all over the world etc. Think Rosberg was very lucky to beat him to his only F1 Championship

I do think think the whole ‘I love my fans, I do it for my fans’ comes across as a bit fake. It’s like he’s programmed himself to say it, just never comes across as genuine, to me anyway

Also turns into a totally different person when things don’t go his way. Would love Alonso to get the other Merc seat, not a fan of Bottas, though Lewis must love having a teammate that is not a threat

Good luck to him though, he worked very hard to get to where he is.
Edited by: "Candystore" 19th Jul
put him in a crap car at the back and see how good he is, he only has four world championships due to being in the right place at the right time but then kicks off and blames his team whenever something goes wrong

very competitive is a laugh as only two people were capable of his last three championships but put Hammy, Alonso, Vettel, Verstappen, Riccardo all in a single formula series with the same cars and im not too sure he would be doing too well.......hes certainly not the holy grail he believes he is

Jenson Button was a far better role model than Lewis
I think he deserves everything he's achieved through sheer hard work. He wasn't gifted with a silver spoon in his mouth like some of the drivers. His father was doing 4 jobs and taking him karting and Lewis had a natural talent. He is now reaping the rewards after years of hard work. I hope he wins a 5th championship just to rub it in Jackie Stewart's face
Edited by: "summerof76" 19th Jul
summerof7617 m ago

I think he deserves everything he's achieved through sheer hard work. He …I think he deserves everything he's achieved through sheer hard work. He wasn't gifted with a silver spoon in his mouth like some of the drivers. His father was doing 4 jobs and taking him karting and Lewis had a natural talent. He is now reaping the rewards after years of hard work. I hope he wins a 5th championship just to rub it in Jackie Stewart's face

Hey not nice. Jackie competed when not seeing the next day alive was a likely outcome.
Stick any of the grid drivers, especially since Senna and see how balls to the wall they drive.

The drivers today have amazing cars to drive, massive funding, support and regulations to keep them alive. It really is now the smartest chequebook wins these ads.
jase.228 m ago

..... very competitive is a laugh as only two people were capable of his …..... very competitive is a laugh as only two people were capable of his last three championships but put Hammy, Alonso, Vettel, Verstappen, Riccardo all in a single formula series with the same cars and im not too sure he would be doing too well.......hes certainly not the holy grail he believes he isJenson Button was a far better role model than Lewis

Retaining the A-seat in the top team is a clear sign of succeeding in a competitive industry. You cannot argue with that, can you?
Oh op you are a cad.
Edited by: "jimmy_the_fridge" 19th Jul
jimmy_the_fridge28 m ago

Oh op you are a c...

I thought you had been reading reddit threads for a moment.

deeky8 h, 52 m ago

Can't help feeling a little sorry for lewis. Ugly, no money, crap job, …Can't help feeling a little sorry for lewis. Ugly, no money, crap job, can't get a decent looking girlfriend... it makes you appreciate how lucky you are. Like my mum used to say - there's always someone worse off than you

You're just jealous!

34428189-N5SCT.jpg
fanpages7 m ago

I thought you had been reading reddit threads for a moment.You're just …I thought you had been reading reddit threads for a moment.You're just jealous![Image]

What's Neville doing with Joanna Lumley?
jimmy_the_fridge11 m ago

What's Neville doing with Joanna Lumley?

Absolutely living-up to his surname.

Brenda won't be happy, but Neville has always been a bit of a Patsy.
Fine upstanding contributor to the uk

Not!
chocci2 h, 43 m ago

Fine upstanding contributor to the ukNot!

Why would he, he doesn't live here any more. Its a total non issue.

Put yourself in his shoes, your earning millions and the Tax man wants a massive slice of the action for you to live in the UK, or you could up sticks to Monaco and not have the tax man on your back as well as a better climate. I know what I would do, and so did other such as Button and Paula Radcliffe, who had the cheek to accept lottery funding but then again there is sod all money in running in comparison to F1.

F1 in general is a huge income driver for 'UK Plc'.
DKLS38 m ago

Why would he, he doesn't live here any more. Its a total non issue.Put …Why would he, he doesn't live here any more. Its a total non issue.Put yourself in his shoes, your earning millions and the Tax man wants a massive slice of the action for you to live in the UK, or you could up sticks to Monaco and not have the tax man on your back as well as a better climate. I know what I would do, and so did other such as Button and Paula Radcliffe, who had the cheek to accept lottery funding but then again there is sod all money in running in comparison to F1.F1 in general is a huge income driver for 'UK Plc'.

34430901-Qz7FU.jpg
DKLS5 h, 18 m ago

Why would he, he doesn't live here any more. Its a total non issue.Put …Why would he, he doesn't live here any more. Its a total non issue.Put yourself in his shoes, your earning millions and the Tax man wants a massive slice of the action for you to live in the UK, or you could up sticks to Monaco and not have the tax man on your back as well as a better climate. I know what I would do, and so did other such as Button and Paula Radcliffe, who had the cheek to accept lottery funding but then again there is sod all money in running in comparison to F1.F1 in general is a huge income driver for 'UK Plc'.

DKLS5 h, 18 m ago

Its the blatant tax avoidance I was referring to.

theguardian.com/new…ers
chocci55 m ago

Its the blatant tax avoidance I was referring …Its the blatant tax avoidance I was referring to.https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/06/lewis-hamilton-avoided-taxes-jet-isle-of-man-scheme-paradise-papers

I wish I was in a position to avoid taxes, if I was you could be damned sure I would.
DKLS9 h, 2 m ago

Exactly.

Why would he stay pay 50% of his wages in tax.

it’s hilarious how he is turned into a panto villain by low earners and those not contributing to the tax system at all.

If I did a job that made me millions and wasn’t linked to me living in the UK to do that job why would you stay?

Intrusive media.
Losing half your income.
The weather?
The comic hate from the public?

No thanks.
chocci3 h, 46 m ago

Its the blatant tax avoidance I was referring …Its the blatant tax avoidance I was referring to.https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/06/lewis-hamilton-avoided-taxes-jet-isle-of-man-scheme-paradise-papers

I used to have a company car... it wasn’t blatant tax avoidance....

i could drive from Lewis to London and Southend.

Monaco - Dubai - Singapore...

id have a company jet too
well done lewis you think your doing rally cross and you break your car lol
deeky19th Jul

True, there is always someone worse off, he lives in Manchester, thinning hair, lanky, under the thumb and drives a lada
jase.221st Jul

well done lewis you think your doing rally cross and you break your car lol

You were saying ....? ("lol")

Saturn3 h, 0 m ago

You were saying ....? ("lol")[Image]

He drove the wheels off the car, great job done
summerof761 h, 14 m ago

He drove the wheels off the car, great job done

Not bad for a rally cross driver. Felt for Seb though. Two great champions, and I hope skill rather than misfortune wins the title.
Saturn2 h, 3 m ago

Not bad for a rally cross driver. Felt for Seb though. Two …Not bad for a rally cross driver. Felt for Seb though. Two great champions, and I hope skill rather than misfortune wins the title.

"I couldn't agree with you more."
34541925-w243j.jpg
Saturn4 h, 24 m ago

[Image]

A cracking race with twists and turns. Lewis said on Instagram: "Finally sat down and I would like to give praise and thanks to Valtteri." Without his great drive the team may not have won and it would have been very tight at the end. Congrats to Lewis, Valtteri and Mercedes
Superb drive from both Mercedes drivers, I think driver of the day in my book was Ricciardo. But for his coming together with Bottas he drove an almost perfect race from a very difficult starting position. Almost as good as Lewis in Germany.
summerof7612 h, 8 m ago

A cracking race with twists and turns. Lewis said on Instagram: "Finally …A cracking race with twists and turns. Lewis said on Instagram: "Finally sat down and I would like to give praise and thanks to Valtteri." Without his great drive the team may not have won and it would have been very tight at the end. Congrats to Lewis, Valtteri and Mercedes

Cannot understand how people can fail to admire his talent and success, even if they view his personality as unlikable at times. Odd.
Saturn3 h, 7 m ago

Cannot understand how people can fail to admire his talent and success, …Cannot understand how people can fail to admire his talent and success, even if they view his personality as unlikable at times. Odd.

People are just jealous as he's a good all rounder.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants