Well done Man City. Champions 2017/18 Season.

Found 15th Apr
Congrats and well done Man City. Blew the rest of rivals away at the start of the season.

2926374-fLUVq.jpg
@deeky@andywedge You can party but you have a short time before Liverpool get the title from you next season. You heard it first here.
Community Updates
Misc
41 Comments
Well done Harry Claim, deserved winner
Cheers @shabbird
I didn't watch the Man U game; I just thought they'd win. Guess their players did too, hence why they didn't 'turn up'
I switched it on with 4 minutes to go and was like 'Er WHAT??' and sat it out till the end chuckling and counting the empty seats (lost count around 6000 )
andywedge6 m ago

Cheers @shabbird I didn't watch the Man U game; I just thought they'd …Cheers @shabbird I didn't watch the Man U game; I just thought they'd win. Guess their players did too, hence why they didn't 'turn up'I switched it on with 4 minutes to go and was like 'Er WHAT??' and sat it out till the end chuckling and counting the empty seats (lost count around 6000 )

Same here. I had small stakes on over 2 1/2 goals. Made loss, moved to over 1 1/2 goals.. another loss.. and
finally a goal. Last time I trust Man United

Well done and enjoy your title win.
andywedge57 m ago

Cheers @shabbird I didn't watch the Man U game; I just thought they'd …Cheers @shabbird I didn't watch the Man U game; I just thought they'd win. Guess their players did too, hence why they didn't 'turn up'I switched it on with 4 minutes to go and was like 'Er WHAT??' and sat it out till the end chuckling and counting the empty seats (lost count around 6000 )

Emptyford
shabbird15th Apr

Same here. I had small stakes on over 2 1/2 goals. Made loss, moved to …Same here. I had small stakes on over 2 1/2 goals. Made loss, moved to over 1 1/2 goals.. another loss.. and finally a goal. Last time I trust Man United Well done and enjoy your title win.

City aren't the only winners hopefully Can I still be caught?
Congrats to deeky and the staff and players - great season from City and their players. I’m sure pep will get all the credit but he is surrounded by excellent staff... congrats to Kidd for yet another title...

6,000 Empty seats counted?
bit off 20,000 still.... nice try though....
deeky21 m ago

City aren't the only winners hopefully Can I still be caught?

Just had a quick look and you will not be beaten. But if Man Utd win Fa Cup or
Bayern win Champions League then you will share top spot.

33642452-xyVnZ.jpg
click image
shabbird4 m ago

Just had a quick look and you will not be beaten. But if Man Utd win Fa …Just had a quick look and you will not be beaten. But if Man Utd win Fa Cup or Bayern win Champions League then you will share top spot. [Image] click image

That's great news. Gives me a legitimate reason to still want them to lose - it matters again
deeky4 m ago

That's great news. Gives me a legitimate reason to still want them to lose …That's great news. Gives me a legitimate reason to still want them to lose - it matters again

lol. If Chelsea or Real win then so do you. I'm going to end up with 3/25
shabbird2 m ago

lol. If Chelsea or Real win then so do you. I'm going to end up with 3/25 …lol. If Chelsea or Real win then so do you. I'm going to end up with 3/25

And if United and Real both win then I still win, yeah?

Oh, no. I'm with it now.
Edited by: "deeky" 15th Apr
Is Sir Alco and his bright red beak still chatting about noisy neighbours or has he finally accepted the red sunset has made way for the blue moon?

Not disputing he's a top top coach yet I can't stick Guardiola but always had a soft spot for siteh, proper club and proper fans who have had decades of pain so no complaints from me about their time having come.

Better them than the red Mancs, the Scousers, the goons or any of the others up there in the top five or six.
deeky11 m ago

And if United and Real both win then I still win, yeah?Oh, no. I'm with it …And if United and Real both win then I still win, yeah?Oh, no. I'm with it now.

Yes.. You cannot be beaten. Just caught. Great selection left with Chelsea Vs Southampton to come.
I expect they will be in the final.
shabbird2 m ago

Yes.. You cannot be beaten. Just caught. Great selection left with …Yes.. You cannot be beaten. Just caught. Great selection left with Chelsea Vs Southampton to come.I expect they will be in the final.

Come on you bluuuuuuuueess!!

Sorry shaun, but there's a prize at stake here
deeky1 h, 16 m ago

Emptyford

Att: 75095

A lot left early to beat the traffic ;).
deeky52 m ago

That's great news. Gives me a legitimate reason to still want them to lose …That's great news. Gives me a legitimate reason to still want them to lose - it matters again

Bayern aren't going to lose
Roll on the world cup........

Oh wait just the small matter of the FA cup!

Shabbird you might be right. LFC might win it next year! I suspect you'll be sending scouts down to cherry pick Southampton players as they're relegated!
.MUFC.5 m ago

Roll on the world cup........Oh wait just the small matter of the FA …Roll on the world cup........Oh wait just the small matter of the FA cup!Shabbird you might be right. LFC might win it next year! I suspect you'll be sending scouts down to cherry pick Southampton players as they're relegated!

lol we have got our man watching their academy and first team training. Although I would prefer if they watched Roma's team
and get afew more Salahs.

33642788-hkGlg.jpg
shabbird2 m ago

lol we have got our man watching their academy and first team training. …lol we have got our man watching their academy and first team training. Although I would prefer if they watched Roma's team and get afew more Salahs. [Image]

Salah is on his way to Old Trafford ;). Swap for Lukakapoo?
See, Even though City won the league no one can stop talking about us .
Well done City. 😣
.MUFC.6 m ago

Salah is on his way to Old Trafford ;). Swap for Lukakapoo?

No chance unless its Barca. We can't seem to hold them off. You got too many players and Jose keeps
rotating and players want to remain in the side. No wonder Martial is thinking twice about new offer.

Lukaku, Sanchez I expect will come good next season.
I turned on with 5 or 10 minutes to go and they showed the stats and at that point WBA had more shots on target than the Red Bus Brigade.
shabbird2 m ago

No chance unless its Barca. We can't seem to hold them off. You got too …No chance unless its Barca. We can't seem to hold them off. You got too many players and Jose keepsrotating and players want to remain in the side. No wonder Martial is thinking twice about new offer. Lukaku, Sanchez I expect will come good next season.

Sanchez will, I'm still unsure in regards to Lukaku, He's done ok but some matches he goes missing. I suspect Martial will be sold which is a shame.
.MUFC.19 m ago

Sanchez will, I'm still unsure in regards to Lukaku, He's done ok but some …Sanchez will, I'm still unsure in regards to Lukaku, He's done ok but some matches he goes missing. I suspect Martial will be sold which is a shame.

Jose is getting away with it because of the 2nd spot. He will struggle to bring the really top players next season. The way he treated Luke Shaw was despicable.
shabbird3 m ago

Jose is getting away with it because of the 2nd spot. He will struggle to …Jose is getting away with it because of the 2nd spot. He will struggle to bring the really top players next season. The way he treated Luke Shaw was despicable.

Agreed, He doesn't like him for some strange reason, Probably two sides to the story though.
shabbird24 m ago

He will struggle to bring the really top players next season.

That's why Salah will come to us
deleted1431257
.MUFC.1 h, 13 m ago

Bayern aren't going to lose

Vidal is going to bark like a dog like he did at the semi first leg last year and get deservedly sent off again, Real gonna smash them kraut punks then beat Liverpool/Roma in the final, with the GoAT Ronaldo scoring in every game and taking that record along with the three in a row UCL, cementing their greatness and history. Then Real will keep Zidane, and go on a spending spree which makes last years transfer window look like a flea market, starting with breaking the £87m release clause for Griezmann and £52m release clause for Umtiti.
deleted1431257
.MUFC.51 m ago

Sanchez will, I'm still unsure in regards to Lukaku, He's done ok but some …Sanchez will, I'm still unsure in regards to Lukaku, He's done ok but some matches he goes missing. I suspect Martial will be sold which is a shame.

Martial should go to Madrid (with the lack of goalscoring prowess from Benzema this season and the inexperience of Mayoral he could actually get proper game time to shine), Bayern or PSG
deleted143125715th Apr

Real gonna smash them kraut punks then beat Liverpool/Roma in the final, …Real gonna smash them kraut punks then beat Liverpool/Roma in the final, with the GoAT Ronaldo scoring in every game and taking that record along with the three in a row UCL, cementing their greatness and history. Then Real will keep Zidane, and go on a spending spree which makes last years transfer window look like a flea market, starting with breaking the £87m release clause for Griezmann and £52m release clause for Umtiti.

deleted143125715th Apr

Martial should go to Madrid (with the lack of goalscoring prowess from …Martial should go to Madrid (with the lack of goalscoring prowess from Benzema this season and the inexperience of Mayoral he could actually get proper game time to shine), Bayern or PSG

How would a United cast off get a game at Madrid if everything else you said is right?
deleted1431257
deeky7 m ago

How would a United cast off get a game at Madrid if everything else you …How would a United cast off get a game at Madrid if everything else you said is right?

Cheaper option than splashing on someone like Griezmann, Martial has tons of potential not being realised at Man Utd, and Madrid are building a youth set-up atm with the likes of Asensio, Lucas Vasquez, Vallejo, Theo Hernandez, Kovacic etc which Martial could fit into. Benzema has utterly flopped in the goalscoring sense and I would not be surprised if Madrid get rid of him, and Mayoral needs more experience in front of goal.

However I would not be surprised if Real Madrid splash out like crazy in the transfer window for Griezmann, Salah, Hazard etc anyways so Martial would likely not be considered anyways. I think Martial would most likely leave the Premier League and end up in either PSG, Juventus or AC Milan. I would have included Dortmund in the list but they’ve had managerial and tactical problems all season, and Tuchel is likely to joinPSG to replace Emery.
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 15th Apr
.MUFC.10 h, 52 m ago

See, Even though City won the league no one can stop talking about us .

Yeah city won the league and at least one of their “fans” here has only commented on United. Seems strange to me. Enjoy the moment.
Liverpool win the league................I've heard it all now
Well done City.
joanddan716th Apr

Yeah city won the league and at least one of their “fans” here has only com …Yeah city won the league and at least one of their “fans” here has only commented on United. Seems strange to me. Enjoy the moment.

United won their cup final in Eastlands last week and the Burkina Faso Reds are still partying now, only briefly interrupting their celebrations yesterday to tweet #JoseOut after getting one-nought'd off by the Baggies.
Chasloyal26 m ago

United won their cup final in Eastlands last week and the Burkina Faso …United won their cup final in Eastlands last week and the Burkina Faso Reds are still partying now, only briefly interrupting their celebrations yesterday to tweet #JoseOut after getting one-nought'd off by the Baggies.

Anymore tired cliches needed in one post...

its a a game of two halves....
joanddan72 h, 56 m ago

Anymore tired cliches needed in one post...its a a game of two halves.... …Anymore tired cliches needed in one post...its a a game of two halves....

I like supporting a 'small' club, made a conscious decision not to be impressed by on field success from a very early age. My life it's only by the grace of God that I clocked what sad anorak train spotter fans Charlton had that I didn't follow my old man down to the valley. They got that zero atmosphere generated by middle class Toby fans you get in the top flight going on in the third division

I'm actually apprehensive about how well we are doing at the minute and the very real danger of getting promoted to the top flight in the next month or so. I care very little for the sanitised new breed fake fan infested internatiolist 'Premiership' to be honest and don't see anything remotely exciting about going up.

I can watch amazing players and pretty pattern football on the telly if I was after that sort of thing, I don't want my match day experience ruined by it to see it in the flesh.

Even fans(proper old school types) of big clubs admit when it comes to genuine passion from genuine fans it's further down the football ladder/pyramid where it's at. If we do go up we'll of course be pariahs for the season and come straight back down anyway, that said I'm very confident we won't suddenly get a supporters club in Burkina Faso no matter what though

I'm proud we have foreign fans in footballing hotbeds like Belgrade, Naples, Rostock, Cottbus, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Rotterdam, Utrecht and Thessasaloniki to name just a few for our traditional fanbase but definitely don't want 'supporters' in obscure Mickey Mouse manors like Ouagadougou because we got promoted to the first division for a season or two and knocked the champions of England out of the FA Cup last year.

That's me off my soapbox now, sorry
Edited by: "Chasloyal" 16th Apr
Man City may have finished top of the league but Man United beat them last week and West Brom beat Man United this week.

By my calculations that makes the Baggies champions
Chasloyal1 h, 38 m ago

I like supporting a 'small' club, made a conscious decision not to be …I like supporting a 'small' club, made a conscious decision not to be impressed by on field success from a very early age. My life it's only by the grace of God that I clocked what sad anorak train spotter fans Charlton had that I didn't follow my old man down to the valley. They got that zero atmosphere generated by middle class Toby fans you get in the top flight going on in the third division I'm actually apprehensive about how well we are doing at the minute and the very real danger of getting promoted to the top flight in the next month or so. I care very little for the sanitised new breed fake fan infested internatiolist 'Premiership' to be honest and don't see anything remotely exciting about going up. I can watch amazing players and pretty pattern football on the telly if I was after that sort of thing, I don't want my match day experience ruined by it to see it in the flesh.Even fans(proper old school types) of big clubs admit when it comes to genuine passion from genuine fans it's further down the football ladder/pyramid where it's at. If we do go up we'll of course be pariahs for the season and come straight back down anyway, that said I'm very confident we won't suddenly get a supporters club in Burkina Faso no matter what though I'm proud we have foreign fans in footballing hotbeds like Belgrade, Naples, Rostock, Cottbus, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Rotterdam, Utrecht and Thessasaloniki to name just a few for our traditional fanbase but don't 'supporters' in obscure Mickey Mouse manors like Ouagadougou because we got promoted to the first division for a season or two and knocked the champions of England out of the FA Cup last year. That's me off my soapbox now, sorry

To be fair I don't disagree with any of that.

Although I think all clubs have their fair share of passionate fans there for the right reasons.

When Charlton were in the Prem the valley had its fair share of "neutral" fans there just to watch premier league football after they ran a Fiver coach scheme all over the local counties... Kent in particular IIRC... who do you support?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions