Groups

Well done mate!

hotukdeals.com/for…862

Just got conned out of 75 quid for an xbox I never got!!
    Thought i'd wait a week before I opened a thread.
    I've rang him a few times he answered it twice saying it's sent and he'll pm me the tracking number when he comes on because it's not near him and he was at home.
    Guess what been a week and no PM!
    Contacted through email nothing.
    And another thing he occasionally goes on xbox live on I think the xbox 360 which was supposed to be mine!

So well done mate! Hope your happy with yourself.

91 Comments

How did you pay?
    Did you get his address as well as his home number (or was it a mobile you got?)

Mike..

You've got his post code, find someone to drive you and pay him a little visit

ouch...........

Ouch that sucks.

Original Poster

MikeBeaver;5270659

How did you pay?Did you get his address as well as his home number (or … How did you pay?Did you get his address as well as his home number (or was it a mobile you got?)Mike..

I got his address from someone. :-D
    It was his mobile yes which he won't pick up anymore.
    Paid with paypal gift

n1ck09;5270667

You've got his post code, find someone to drive you and pay him a little … You've got his post code, find someone to drive you and pay him a little visit

I'll consider doing that when I find the time :).

And another thing he occasionally goes on xbox live on I think the xbox … And another thing he occasionally goes on xbox live on I think the xbox 360 which was supposed to be mine!

ouch....thats gotta hurt....sorry to hear that dude!

Phone him again, and start saying you will take action, he can give you the number over the phone.

Banned

yeh, even I know people and I'm a student. Pay him a friendly visit to claim it. I'm sure it's just a mistake :thumbsup:
    x

Banned

leave feedback, i know its not everything but at least it stops others being ripped off

Original Poster

Charlie Scene;5270686

ouch....thats gotta hurt....sorry to hear that dude!

Trying to rub it in my face!
    I contacted him through that telling him I have his address then he sent a load of question marks and then I told him i'm the person who was supposed to get the 360 off him and he's never replied.

Met-Cast;5270685

Paid with paypal gift :(.

Why oh why would you do that on a deal via HUKD !!!!!
    :thinking:

Original Poster

Adam2050;5270691

Phone him again, and start saying you will take action, he can give you … Phone him again, and start saying you will take action, he can give you the number over the phone.

Phoned him loads even tried different numbers and a friend said he picked up but never said anything.

H_K;5270693

yeh, even I know people and I'm a student. Pay him a friendly visit to … yeh, even I know people and I'm a student. Pay him a friendly visit to claim it. I'm sure it's just a mistake :thumbsup:x

I thought it might be a mistake but why would he purposely ignore me?

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5270706

Why oh why would you do that on a deal via HUKD !!!!!:thinking:

I know especially with someone with low feedback.
    It's because I was told that they could just clear their account and run away.

Or you could contact paypal, see what they can do, if anything, might be worth a shot, feign ignorance at them
    Send him a recorded letter in the mail also, telling him that you are going to start small claims proceedings, it can be for as little as £50 I think to take someone to small claims court.

Mike..

Babbabooey;5270706

Because a lot of people do, and people pay me nothing wrong with it. But with 3 feedback I wouldn't of paid the guy via paypal gift.

Send the boys round to his house!

Adam2050;5270735

Because a lot of people do, and people pay me nothing wrong with it. But … Because a lot of people do, and people pay me nothing wrong with it. But with 3 feedback I wouldn't of paid the guy via paypal gift.

Nothing wrong with it unless you don't get the item! Then you're screwed.
    Obviously if you are a known reliable trader than different rules apply.

Original Poster

MikeBeaver;5270730

Or you could contact paypal, see what they can do, if anything, might be … Or you could contact paypal, see what they can do, if anything, might be worth a shot, feign ignorance at them :)Send him a recorded letter in the mail also, telling him that you are going to start small claims proceedings, it can be for as little as £50 I think to take someone to small claims court.Mike..

Thanks mike, Yeh i've contacted paypal and then I'll try claiming :thumbsup:

Adam2050;5270735

Because a lot of people do, and people pay me nothing wrong with it. But … Because a lot of people do, and people pay me nothing wrong with it. But with 3 feedback I wouldn't of paid the guy via paypal gift.

He sounded really genuine. I guess it was a lesson for me.

Can mods ban the swindler?

Babbabooey;5270752

Nothing wrong with it unless you don't get the item! Then you're … Nothing wrong with it unless you don't get the item! Then you're screwed.Obviously if you are a known reliable trader than different rules apply.

Thats where trust comes in. I personally wouldn't pay for an item first on lower feedback people, been whinned at before by people on here about it, but thats my choice. It's unfortunate whats happened but according to rules you have done everything correct. Small claims court there you go :x

Original Poster

Spriggan;5270745

Send the boys round to his house!

http://www.september11news.com/Nov25TalibanDriveByNA.jpg

Babbabooey;5270752

Nothing wrong with it unless you don't get the item! Then you're … Nothing wrong with it unless you don't get the item! Then you're screwed.Obviously if you are a known reliable trader than different rules apply.

I've always paid with paypal gift but obviously to reliable traders.
    He was also stubborn on sending first!

Met-Cast;5270698

Trying to rub it in my face!I contacted him through that telling him I … Trying to rub it in my face!I contacted him through that telling him I have his address then he sent a load of question marks and then I told him i'm the person who was supposed to get the 360 off him and he's never replied.

I know some people....lets go see him.....
    http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8486/afroninja9si.gif

Babbabooey;5270706

What's the problem with Pay pal gift? Am I missing something?

Met-Cast;5270722

I know especially with someone with low feedback.It's because I was told … I know especially with someone with low feedback.It's because I was told that they could just clear their account and run away.

Really sorry to hear this mate. I've just been through the same and still have not received the item or the money, I paid by BT so I think either way we are stuck.

My bank said that not much they can do.

Let's see what happens, I already reported mine to the mods and the user has been banned.

I think HUKD grow too much and we have to be even more careful now, it''s a shame because this site it's brilliant and only because a few are doing things like this, they could spoil it for everyone.

Original Poster

Spriggan;5270772

Can mods ban the swindler?

Yes but that won't help much except stop other people from getting scammed but my feedback towards him and this thread has already stopped that

Adam2050;5270774

Thats where trust comes in. I personally wouldn't pay for an item first … Thats where trust comes in. I personally wouldn't pay for an item first on lower feedback people, been whinned at before by people on here about it, but thats my choice. It's unfortunate whats happened but according to rules you have done everything correct. Small claims court there you go :x

I'll be more careful next time.

Just gotta say thanks to all those trusty sellers i've dealed with :).

Adam2050;5270774

Thats where trust comes in.

Trust schmust. Not when money is involved, you shouldn't trust anyone.
    Especially someone you have never met except on a public forum.

In any case, sorry to the OP and hope you get it resolved.

Met-Cast;5270800

Yes but that won't help much except stop other people from getting … Yes but that won't help much except stop other people from getting scammed but my feedback towards him and this thread has already stopped thatI'll be more careful next time.Just gotta say thanks to all those trusty sellers i've dealed with :).

Mods keep a list of IP's of suspected scammers

Send him a pigs head in the mail.

Original Poster

Charlie Scene;5270785

I know some people....lets go see him.....

LOL
    So do i...
    http://image.ifrance.com/cinema/film/2/3/43232-1-ali-g.jpg

asandino;5270794

What's the problem with Pay pal gift? Am I missing something?Really … What's the problem with Pay pal gift? Am I missing something?Really sorry to hear this mate. I've just been through the same and still have not received the item or the money, I paid by BT so I think either way we are stuck.My bank said that not much they can do.Let's see what happens, I already reported mine to the mods and the user has been banned.I think HUKD grow too much and we have to be even more careful now, it''s a shame because this site it's brilliant and only because a few are doing things like this, they could spoil it for everyone.

Well said mate and sorry to hear about your lost too hopefully it'll work out soon.

post his xbl name on here we will all report him via xbl for somthing and we will get him banned from live or is that to harsh :thinking:

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5270804

Trust schmust. Not when money is involved, you shouldn't trust anyone. … Trust schmust. Not when money is involved, you shouldn't trust anyone. Especially someone you have never met except on a public forum.In any case, sorry to the OP and hope you get it resolved.

Thanks mate :thumbsup:.

Adam2050;5270812

Mods keep a list of IP's of suspected scammers

Ok i'll report him now.

shauneco;5270833

Send him a pigs head in the mail.

LOL.

Banned

glad to see you have updated the thread and left feedback, may e wise to also use the report button in thread to ask tell a mod what is happening, i know they cant get your money back but maybe they have a list we dont see of people that have taken peoples money and not sent goods, who knows

ViperKeith;5270846

post his xbl name on here we will all report him via xbl for somthing and … post his xbl name on here we will all report him via xbl for somthing and we will get him banned from live

+1

Bad news and sorry to hear it.

If it's true he has scammed you (he might be sick or something, altho doubt it), then andimccann seemed to have a pretty good feel for the guy.

It's worth looking though someone's previous posts and doing a bit of detective work if in any doubt. And I am always suspicious of people who promise photos and then don't put them up.

Anyway, let's hope some pressure can be put on the guy to do the right thing eventually.

Why not send a text giving him 7 days to refund in full or else you report it to the police?

Send a new text every day to remind him and show you are serious.

And do report it - whether or not it will lead to anything.

Original Poster

ViperKeith;5270846

post his xbl name on here we will all report him via xbl for somthing and … post his xbl name on here we will all report him via xbl for somthing and we will get him banned from live or is that to harsh :thinking:

Too harsh? Compared to what he's done to me.
    And I don't think there's a point won't solve much. But i'll consider it ;-)

Send him a pigs head in the mail

turd in a box:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;5270855

Bad news and sorry to hear it. If it's true he has scammed you (he might … Bad news and sorry to hear it. If it's true he has scammed you (he might be sick or something, altho doubt it), then andimccann seemed to have a pretty good feel for the guy. It's worth looking though someone's previous posts and doing a bit of detective work if in any doubt. And I am always suspicious of people who promise photos and then don't put them up. Anyway, let's hope some pressure can be put on the guy to do the right thing eventually. Why not send a text giving him 7 days to refund in full or else you report it to the police?And do report it - whether or not it will lead to anything.

Well me and andimccann were doing some detective work and I asked him about all of it and he seemed to of explained it pretty well I also sent a pm to allstar2 asking how his deal went with him and he seemed genuine.

Yeh that's what I'm trying to do.

Yeh i'll try that now thanks mate :thumbsup:.
    Is there a chance they'll do much?

Check if he's on Facebook etc and leave comments about him.

Original Poster

dimebars;5270863

could he have … could he have resurfaced?!http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/405221/g1-google-phone-white-t-mobile-new-/showthread.php?p=5270849&posted=1#post5270849

Could be anyone or could be genuine you never know mate that's why make sure you don't make the same mistake as me :thumbsup:.

Charlie Scene;5270864

turd in a box:thumbsup:

LOL. Damn.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions