well done to burnley last night

Banned 28 replies
Found 20th Aug 2009
as title, played lads and well done the 'pool, better from sunday anyway, i was at the game and just about to buy a ticket for the burnley home game if anyone interested?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
28 Comments

Banned

Yes well done, nice to see you bounce back after being played off the park at the weekend.. :whistling:

Banned

Well done to Burnley (from a man utd fan )

Original Poster Banned

Manic Juande;6065604

Yes well done, nice to see you bounce back after being played off the … Yes well done, nice to see you bounce back after being played off the park at the weekend.. :whistling:

wouldnt say played off park but we got what we derserved - naf all

special well done from a Liverpool fan.

Original Poster Banned

MrRugbyman;6065625

special well done from a Liverpool fan.

Well done but that will be the first of many dropped points for United this season, without Ronaldo they have lost a huge part of their attacking threat and had he been playing last night for United I'm sure he would've done something out of nothing as he done so many times over the last 3 seasons and got the points.

Manic Juande;6065604

Yes well done, nice to see you bounce back after being played off the … Yes well done, nice to see you bounce back after being played off the park at the weekend.. :whistling:

Imagination is key there.

Hardly played out of the park, could easily of been a draw if the referee had his googles testing....

Still played poor.

Original Poster Banned

Arsenal Fan;6065695

Well done but that will be the first of many dropped points for United … Well done but that will be the first of many dropped points for United this season, without Ronaldo they have lost a huge part of their attacking threat and had he been playing last night for United I'm sure he would've done something out of nothing as he done so many times over the last 3 seasons and got the points.

True, i hope they finish outside top 4 and city finish above them :P

Adam2050;6065696

Imagination is key there.Hardly played out of the park, could easily of … Imagination is key there.Hardly played out of the park, could easily of been a draw if the referee had his googles testing....Still played poor.

we were crap mate - shouldnt have to relay on the ref to win against them, everybody is only taking notice of them because last year they were bottom for yet another mouth into the season, two wins doesnt make them a good team

vibeone;6065612

Well done to Burnley (from a man utd fan )

from nottm, naice.

as for spuds,they could create a few suprises this season. unless, as i hope, they badly tail away.

Gee's though we were Manchester United, Not FC Ronaldo, It's a team game.

No doubt Ronaldo's irreplaceable but he wasn't better than the team.

New era for United, We may struggle a little this season, However we'll get stronger and a new hero will be born.

I'm not bothered, So long as Pool or City don't win the title.

Congrats to Burnley, They deserved it.

shauneco;6065843

Gee's though we were Manchester United, Not FC Ronaldo, It's a team … Gee's though we were Manchester United, Not FC Ronaldo, It's a team game.No doubt Ronaldo's irreplaceable but he wasn't better than the team.New era for United, We may struggle a little this season, However we'll get stronger and a new hero will be born.I'm not bothered, So long as Pool or City don't win the title.Congrats to Burnley, They deserved it.

thought nani'd come to the fore, but not working.

owen's proving he's a has-been, whilst obertan isn't even available yet.

season is young, very

rugger-tyke;6065865

thought nani'd come to the fore, but not working.owen's proving he's a … thought nani'd come to the fore, but not working.owen's proving he's a has-been, whilst obertan isn't even available yet.season is young, very

Nani didn't play last night, To be honest Nani's looked impressive and when his shoulders healed hopefully he'll do well.

Owen just needs to find his feet, Play on the same wave length.

shauneco;6065843

Gee's though we were Manchester United, Not FC Ronaldo, It's a team … Gee's though we were Manchester United, Not FC Ronaldo, It's a team game.No doubt Ronaldo's irreplaceable but he wasn't better than the team.New era for United, We may struggle a little this season, However we'll get stronger and a new hero will be born.I'm not bothered, So long as Pool or City don't win the title.Congrats to Burnley, They deserved it.

To be honest for the last 3 seasons you have been FC Ronaldo, the guy single handedly won you those trophies. It's all well and good having a great defence but if you don't have the attacking players to get you results when it gets tough then you ain't going to win anything. Owen's going to have to step up sooner rather than later.

rugger-tyke;6065865

thought nani'd come to the fore, but not working.owen's proving he's a … thought nani'd come to the fore, but not working.owen's proving he's a has-been, whilst obertan isn't even available yet.season is young, very

Two games into the season is a bit early to judge!

Arsenal Fan;6065890

To be honest for the last 3 seasons you have been FC Ronaldo, the guy … To be honest for the last 3 seasons you have been FC Ronaldo, the guy single handedly won you those trophies. It's all well and good having a great defence but if you don't have the attacking players to get you results when it gets tough then you ain't going to win anything. Owen's going to have to step up sooner rather than later.

We'll see, FC Cantona > FC Beckham > FC Ronaldo > FC ?

Someone needs to step up or we need to buy someone to fill the void.

Ronaldo got a lot laid onto him, He didn't take on 11 players to score, A lot of his goals could of been scored from other players.

The nack was to give Ronaldo the ball, Now they need to do more themselves.

I think we already have the players to do that and give a bit more.

shauneco;6065973

We'll see, FC Cantona FC Beckham FC Ronaldo FC ? Someone needs to step … We'll see, FC Cantona > FC Beckham > FC Ronaldo > FC ? Someone needs to step up or we need to buy someone to fill the void.Ronaldo got a lot laid onto him, He didn't take on 11 players to score, A lot of his goals could of been scored from other players. The nack was to give Ronaldo the ball, Now they need to do more themselves.I think we already have the players to do that and give a bit more.

Yes and after Beckham left you didn't win the league title until the 4th season after his exit. I just think you were so dependent on Ronaldo and now your players will struggle. Your defence is still excellent, but in midfield and strike you look very average and with Chelsea having sorted themselves out and Arsenal finally looking like they can defend United might just struggle this year. Maybe if you had got someone like Villa or Benzema you would've had a great chance of success, but I don't think your current strike force is good enough. Time will tell and we're only 2 games in so anything could change plus the transfer window isn't closed yet but I don't think United will do as well this year as they did last.

Arsenal Fan;6066059

Yes and after Beckham left you didn't win the league title until the 4th … Yes and after Beckham left you didn't win the league title until the 4th season after his exit. I just think you were so dependent on Ronaldo and now your players will struggle. [COLOR="Red"]Your defence is still excellent[/COLOR], but in midfield and strike you look very average and with Chelsea having sorted themselves out and Arsenal finally looking like they can defend United might just struggle this year. Maybe if you had got someone like Villa or Benzema you would've had a great chance of success, but I don't think your current strike force is good enough. Time will tell and we're only 2 games in so anything could change plus the transfer window isn't closed yet but I don't think United will do as well this year as they did last.

I beg to differ. United have done well over the last few years as because Ronaldo was such a threat going forward, teams couldn't afford to attack them in numbers. When put under pressure their defence isn't really that great. Liverpool went to Old Trafford last season and after going a goal down started going at them... and look what happened. Then the next week Fulham did the same (and won) and then Villa almost did the same too. If Vidic goes they're in big trouble IMHO.

midlandscomics;6066200

I beg to differ. United have done well over the last few years as … I beg to differ. United have done well over the last few years as because Ronaldo was such a threat going forward, teams couldn't afford to attack them in numbers. When put under pressure their defence isn't really that great. Liverpool went to Old Trafford last season and after going a goal down started going at them... and look what happened. Then the next week Fulham did the same (and won) and then Villa almost did the same too. If Vidic goes they're in big trouble IMHO.

Vidic's not going anywhere, Defensive record says otherwise, Some teams are scared to attack any of the top teams but still managed to put more goals past them than United.

Last season v Liverpool was a one off bad day for Vidic, Also United pushed up to much, They got United on the counter, v Fulham we were two men down at one point.

True it was a blip in our season, However last night we had a weakened defence, No Rio or Vidic.

No excuse though, To be honest Rooney had a bad game, We need Rooney to play well to win these games. Ryan Giggs was excellent though, That's one positive to come out the game.

Original Poster Banned

shauneco;6066784

Vidic's not going anywhere, Defensive record says otherwise, Some teams … Vidic's not going anywhere, Defensive record says otherwise, Some teams are scared to attack any of the top teams but still managed to put more goals past them than United.Last season v Liverpool was a one off bad day for Vidic, Also United pushed up to much, They got United on the counter, v Fulham we were two men down at one point.True it was a blip in our season, However last night we had a weakened defence, No Rio or Vidic.No excuse though, To be honest Rooney had a bad game, We need Rooney to play well to win these games. Ryan Giggs was excellent though, That's one positive to come out the game.

but hes like on the verge of retirement? hows that good?

gsettle24;6066806

but hes like on the verge of retirement? hows that good?

Thanks for reminding me, Well this could be his last season, However if he keeps playing like he has been then I'm sure he could still possibly be here next season as well, He also scored his first United hat trick pre season.

Plenty of life left in the old dog yet, He's a legend of the game, We will value his experience.

shauneco;6066870

Thanks for reminding me, Well this could be his last season, However if … Thanks for reminding me, Well this could be his last season, However if he keeps playing like he has been then I'm sure he could still possibly be here next season as well, He also scored his first United hat trick pre season.Plenty of life left in the old dog yet, [COLOR="Red"]He's a legend of the game[/COLOR], We will value his experience.

Can't argue with that. Same can be said of Scholes :thumbsup:

oh look another thread on this match, was it a cup final or something?

spammed

with the exception of rooney, vidic, ferdinand and possibly evra every other man u player wouldn't look out of place at a 2nd tier premiership team such as a fulham, everton or villa.

They are filled with mediocrity, o'shea, the korean guy, brown and players who have gone on for that one season too many giggs and scholes and as such will struggle to get into the top 4.

The title is chelsea's for the taking as liverpool rely far too much on torres and gerrard (especially gerrard) and I'm still convinced that arsenal will still struggle against teams that get about them and crowd out cesc and arshavin.

In fact and go to so far and say that spurs will finish above man u this season, as much as I don't like the crook harry redknapp he's got one helluva decent squad there and if they can sort out a centre back that isn't always walking wounded and maybe add one other bit of quality in midfield then they will be challenging the top 4 no probs.

ants97;6066997

with the exception of rooney, vidic, ferdinand and possibly evra every … with the exception of rooney, vidic, ferdinand and possibly evra every other man u player wouldn't look out of place at a 2nd tier premiership team such as a fulham, everton or villa.They are filled with mediocrity, o'shea, the korean guy, brown and players who have gone on for that one season too many giggs and scholes and as such will struggle to get into the top 4.The title is chelsea's for the taking as liverpool rely far too much on torres and gerrard (especially gerrard) and I'm still convinced that arsenal will still struggle against teams that get about them and crowd out cesc and arshavin.In fact and go to so far and say that spurs will finish above man u this season, as much as I don't like the crook harry redknapp he's got one helluva decent squad there and if they can sort out a centre back that isn't always walking wounded and maybe add one other bit of quality in midfield then they will be challenging the top 4 no probs.

United will finish in the top 3 and you can mark my words, Spurs will crumble at some point.

shauneco;6067063

United will finish in the top 3 and you can mark my words, Spurs will … United will finish in the top 3 and you can mark my words, Spurs will crumble at some point.

Only top 3?? You not that confident about top 2 or champions? (genuine question by the way, I'm not fishing)

midlandscomics;6067089

Only top 3?? You not that confident about top 2 or champions? (genuine … Only top 3?? You not that confident about top 2 or champions? (genuine question by the way, I'm not fishing)

To win it four times on the trot would be a difficult task, It'll take some time for the new system to take shape, The new players to adapt etc.

I'd like to say I'm confident United will win it, However Chelsea look to be a big threat at the moment.

Have to wait and see.

United will still be top 3 in my opinion, Liverpool I think will struggle badly this season, already they look weak and you take Gerrard or Torres out as well and they will drop points. Benitez also doesn't have the squad or consistency to win the title, I think last season was more an anomoly than something that will consistently happen.

shauneco;6067152

To win it four times on the trot would be a difficult task, It'll take … To win it four times on the trot would be a difficult task, It'll take some time for the new system to take shape, The new players to adapt etc.I'd like to say I'm confident United will win it, However Chelsea look to be a big threat at the moment. Have to wait and see.

I don't think Chelsea will win it. Ancelotti isn't a great domestic manager (1 league title in 8 years). However, in Europe he's excellent, and I think he'll prioritise the Champions League.

They'll also lose Drogba, Kalou and Essien in January for the African Cup of Nations.

Arsenal Fan;6067292

United will still be top 3 in my opinion, Liverpool I think will struggle … United will still be top 3 in my opinion, Liverpool I think will struggle badly this season, already they look weak and you take Gerrard or Torres out as well and they will drop points. Benitez also doesn't have the squad or consistency to win the title, I think last season was more an anomoly than something that will consistently happen.

I think you'll see a different Liverpool this year. The signings of Johnson and Aquliani (and now possibly Van Der Vaart) will make us a lot more direct and attacking (to try and rid those home draws) but at the same time will leave us more open at the back, and we might not do as well as we did last season against the other big teams.

We do struggle when Torres and/or Gerrard miss games, but we still ended up as top scorers last season with both of them missing chunks of the season, so goals from the rest of the team aren't an issue.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Is this junction box wired properly??1015
    2. Foo fighters presale code.2222
    3. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…46
    4. What's this on my neighbours roof?1517

See more discussions