Groups

Well Done to my daughter - got her Sats results today

she did fantastic
    Level 4 in English and Maths (national average)
    Level 5 in Science (above average)

Really proud of her and all the hard work she put in and that great results she achieved starts her off in a great position for secondary school in September

35 Comments

Fair play to her, now for a nice pressie

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5659218

how old she?

She's 11

Original Poster

skusey;5659214

Fair play to her, now for a nice pressie

She has a school prom on the 20th of July so am treating her to a new outfit

My niece did really well too Level 5 in everything which was great considering that her arseh**e of a dad got caught having an affair 6 weeks before!!!

That's fantastic love, well done daughter x x

Is she going into year 7 september? I hope she's going to a nice school that she will enjoy x x

dmtuk;5659249

My niece did really well too Level% in everything which was great … My niece did really well too Level% in everything which was great considering that her arseh**e of a dad got caught having an affair 6 weeks before!!!

awww hon

Original Poster

I have a 10 year old so hope they drop the yr6 ones too

congratulations to her - well done

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5659252

That's fantastic love, well done daughter x x Is she going into year 7 … That's fantastic love, well done daughter x x Is she going into year 7 september? I hope she's going to a nice school that she will enjoy x x

Yeah, we had a meeting at the school last night and seemed really nice.
    She has 3 taster days next week so she know's what to expect in september which is a really good idea.
    Most of her friends are going to the same high so will help

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5659246

Pffft 555 here. Anyways cograts and te lucky thing neverhas to do them … Pffft 555 here. Anyways cograts and te lucky thing neverhas to do them again now they dithed the Yr9 ones.

well done.
    Rebekah changed schools and areas in april (we were in london and moved to east sussex) so was really worried she wouldn't do as well as was just a big change

dcx_badass;5659290

No way wil they drop the yea 6 ones, need something to filter hem at … No way wil they drop the yea 6 ones, need something to filter hem at secondary school.

They're talking about scrapping the year 6 SATs as the children are retested as soon as they enter their new schools anyway, ready for streaming.

I do hope they do scrap them, it's so stressful for the children to be tested all the time, and too much work for the teachers and not all that great for the kids education either, as they're being taught to pass the SAT rather than being educated.

macdoona;5659299

Yeah, we had a meeting at the school last night and seemed really … Yeah, we had a meeting at the school last night and seemed really nice.She has 3 taster days next week so she know's what to expect in september which is a really good idea.Most of her friends are going to the same high so will help

It's nice she's going up with her friends, my two girls didn't know anyone at all when they went to their new schools and the whole meeting new people and forming new relationships does take time out from lessons so it's good she will have other children there that she knows x

Banned

awww well done to your daughter x

as for the sats i have never really thought they where a brill idea, but do believe by the time they sit their GCSEs they are a little used to sitting exams so to speak

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5659361

It's nice she's going up with her friends, my two girls didn't know … It's nice she's going up with her friends, my two girls didn't know anyone at all when they went to their new schools and the whole meeting new people and forming new relationships does take time out from lessons so it's good she will have other children there that she knows x

If we had stayed in London then that would have been the situation so really glad we managed to move when we did

macdoona;5659389

If we had stayed in London then that would have been the situation so … If we had stayed in London then that would have been the situation so really glad we managed to move when we did

I'd sooooooooo love to move the kids out from the city for sure.

I think I'd make a good country girl... well.. maybe lol

I got the same 3 yrs ago, but my 5 was in Maths well done.

sassie;5659368

awww well done to your daughter xas for the sats i have never really … awww well done to your daughter xas for the sats i have never really thought they where a brill idea, but do believe by the time they sit their GCSEs they are a little used to sitting exams so to speak

yes, I do agree, taking exams helps you relax whilst taking them

but the sats are really just to see how the school is performing rather than benefitting the children.

Original Poster

i got both my kids repots as well and am very pleased with them both

starsparkle2311;5659420

Well done her, just got my 9 year old's report today, well happy:thumbsup:

I wonder why my kids havent given me reports yet,.... lol

I'm gonna have to root through bags!!

I'm glad your lil one did well

Banned

ClarityofMind;5659417

yes, I do agree, taking exams helps you relax whilst taking thembut the … yes, I do agree, taking exams helps you relax whilst taking thembut the sats are really just to see how the school is performing rather than benefitting the children.

thats what they started off as, and the pressure put in children was far higher then, now it seems a very relaxed approach, although i think maybe that comes down to the children and their home life, my daughter is 15 so all those years ago it was heavily for a schools progress and alot f pressure put in, but it was no big deal made here, same with son who is 7, but i do believe they are far more relaxed with them now that they where years ago

when i went to my daughters parents eveng last month, and we discussed her predicted grades for GCSEs the teacher told me her grades where predicted from a very early age, so this must have something to do with sats

sassie;5659453

thats what they started off as, and the pressure put in children was far … thats what they started off as, and the pressure put in children was far higher then, now it seems a very relaxed approach, although i think maybe that comes down to the children and their home life, my daughter is 15 so all those years ago it was heavily for a schools progress and alot f pressure put in, but it was no big deal made here, same with son who is 7, but i do believe they are far more relaxed with them now that they where years ago

my daughters 15 too... summin strange their school has done is put all the year 10's in for their GCSE's a year early... I do hope we can keep the better mark if she does worse next year than this lol

Banned

ClarityofMind;5659469

my daughters 15 too... summin strange their school has done is put all … my daughters 15 too... summin strange their school has done is put all the year 10's in for their GCSE's a year early... I do hope we can keep the better mark if she does worse next year than this lol

what do you mean, there sitting them twice? my daughter has done two this year and will do the rest next year :?

Banned

whoops sorry macdoona, seems i have taken over your thread, sorry x

I got the same, and I turned out well,hopefully all goes well for your daughter too OP

Original Poster

it's cool Sas,
    nice chance to chat about school and exams and get different views

sassie;5659479

what do you mean, there sitting them twice? my daughter has done two this … what do you mean, there sitting them twice? my daughter has done two this year and will do the rest next year :?

yep, they're taking them this year AND next year....

crazy huh??

Banned

ClarityofMind;5659537

yep, they're taking them this year AND next year.... crazy huh??

thats seems pretty pointless really, so its like there all taking resits, so if they cpme out with level A across the board they still got to take them next year, cant see the point in that at all

Got a 5/5/5 in my SATS. They're a piece of ****, i was laughing at them when i was 11.

For the year 9 one i only got a 6/6/7 though, was a bit ****** with that, mind you i didn't revise at all.

Well done to her, Mac. It's good for the confidence of those who do well when they get good results. I hope that she'll be going to school in Setpember with a spring in her step. :thumbsup:

Well done to all those with good reports as well.:)

I an most pleased to have not had to write a report, mark an exam or attend a parents' evening this school year.:-D

Banned

chesso;5660333

I an most pleased to have not had to write a report, mark an exam or … I an most pleased to have not had to write a report, mark an exam or attend a parents' evening this school year.:-D

Just as well with that spelling and grammar!

C- go stand in the corner! :w00t:

Banned

starsparkle2311;5660425

Oh how long have you waited for that one, guv?:p

I never bother with things like that..... but I think that kinda deserved it!:w00t:

Banned

starsparkle2311;5660445

kind of:thumbsup::-D

Only counts when it's a mistake.

mod

Well done to your daughter

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the congrats,
    Rep has been left for you all.

I managed a 4-5-6 in year 6 sats, S-E-M, which at the time, no one had a maths 6 before,

anyway 3 years later, year 9 sats....I had a rotten secondary school (thanks parents) and was in a middle group for maths, they put me on the wrong paper... I had the EXACT same maths paper in year 9. As i did in year 6.... 5 minutes later, i walked away with a 97%....bluddy schools... wished they actually study past results, where, they actually mean nothing to the school....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget22
      2. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?66
      3. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.56
      4. Quidco and new IPAD 'Prevent Cross-Site Tracking'11

See more discussions