Well Done Turkey, Education improvement

Found 18th Sep 2017
Students in Turkey are returning to school where they will be taught evolution for the last time in their biology classes.

Next autumn, evolution and Charles Darwin will be scrapped from their textbooks.

Turkey has announced an overhaul of more than 170 topics in the country's school curriculum, including removing all direct references to evolution from biology classes.

Education Minister Ismet Yilmaz said the new "value-based" curriculum would teach evolutionary mechanisms such as natural selection but evolution itself was too advanced for high school and would not be taught until college.

"We have excluded controversial subjects for students at an age unable yet to understand the issues' scientific background," he told a seminar in Ankara in June, according to Hurriyet Daily News.

Community Updates
Misc
46 Comments
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

In the end it doesn't even matter. - Linkin Park
Edited by: "david_wavid" 18th Sep 2017
Meanwhile people are still pushing for Turkey to join the EU as it slides backwards into barbarity led by a goverment akin to that of Russia and the British goverment cant get its lips off edrogans tail pipe.
david_wavid31 m ago

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.In the end it …In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.In the end it doesn't even matter. - Linkin Park

I doubt they will permit study of the Bible either.
UK schools are still teaching crap like the earth revolves around the sun and sucked it right down as gospel

Emperor Erdogan at work.
I wouldn't worry too much, most people learn on the internet.
kester762 h, 42 m ago

UK schools are still teaching crap like the earth revolves around the sun …UK schools are still teaching crap like the earth revolves around the sun and sucked it right down as gospel [Video]

I enjoyed that video.
Destard10 m ago

I enjoyed that video.

A friend if mine today me about it last year and it was an eye opener. Makes your wonder how much of the stuff you got taught at school is right
kester7610 h, 48 m ago

UK schools are still teaching crap like the earth revolves around the sun …UK schools are still teaching crap like the earth revolves around the sun and sucked it right down as gospel [Video]

I have been pointing this out for years, but I get looks as though I am dumb. I ask people to go and find a single known planet on the other side of the sun. There aren't any! The planets we see are all on our side of the sun, so for instance, Neptune is never on the other side, in other words, they are all rotating in a vortex on this side of the sun. If there were planets on the other side of the sun they would have to travel at exactly the same speed and equally spaced apart as every other planet on this side, or else they would come into view and obviously crash.
Predikuesi27 m ago

I have been pointing this out for years, but I get looks as though I am …I have been pointing this out for years, but I get looks as though I am dumb. I ask people to go and find a single known planet on the other side of the sun. There aren't any! The planets we see are all on our side of the sun, so for instance, Neptune is never on the other side, in other words, they are all rotating in a vortex on this side of the sun. If there were planets on the other side of the sun they would have to travel at exactly the same speed and equally spaced apart as every other planet on this side, or else they would come into view and obviously crash.

Who's to say there weren't other bodies that collided with what's left? We're billions of years done the pipe. I think galactic collision is a theory for how our moon was formed.
Edited by: "Krooner" 19th Sep 2017
Krooner16 m ago

Who's to say there weren't other bodies that collided with what's left? …Who's to say there weren't other bodies that collided with what's left? We're billions of years done the pipe. I think galactic collision is a theory for how our moon was formed.

I don't think anyone is. I'm just talking about the present formation of the planets
What I'm getting it is your proposition;

Predikuesi52 m ago

I ask people to go and find a single known planet on the other side of the …I ask people to go and find a single known planet on the other side of the sun.

Doesn't prove we orbit in a vortex, there may well have been other planets at various orbital positions. You correctly ascertain that they "would crash", I'm speculating that they already did. It's how we got our moon, how Mars got two moons, Saturn four etc...
This way for the middle ages.
kester7612 h, 20 m ago

It looks a lot less interesting if you remove the trails.
Predikuesi2 h, 15 m ago

I have been pointing this out for years, but I get looks as though I am …I have been pointing this out for years, but I get looks as though I am dumb. I ask people to go and find a single known planet on the other side of the sun. There aren't any! The planets we see are all on our side of the sun, so for instance, Neptune is never on the other side, in other words, they are all rotating in a vortex on this side of the sun. If there were planets on the other side of the sun they would have to travel at exactly the same speed and equally spaced apart as every other planet on this side, or else they would come into view and obviously crash.

Planets do go to the other side of the sun, it is called a conjunction. Can be either superior or inferior.
Krooner1 h, 31 m ago

What I'm getting it is your proposition;Doesn't prove we orbit in a …What I'm getting it is your proposition;Doesn't prove we orbit in a vortex, there may well have been other planets at various orbital positions. You correctly ascertain that they "would crash", I'm speculating that they already did. It's how we got our moon, how Mars got two moons, Saturn four etc...

The vortex theory is the correct one otherwise some of the planets we see at night or through a telescope would disappear for a time behind the sun. The fact that not a single planet ever travels to the other side of the sun suggests that they are all on this side; thus the vortex theory or similar if that term isn't acceptable. This in turn, as mentioned previously, means that most of the pictures in books, and the orbital mechanisms depicting the orbit of the planets, are incorrect. Of course, if anyone named even a single planet on the other side of the sun, the vortex theory might (in part) be questioned.
A lot of the posters here haven't evolved enough.
CoeK18 m ago

Planets do go to the other side of the sun, it is called a conjunction. …Planets do go to the other side of the sun, it is called a conjunction. Can be either superior or inferior.

That only means the other side of the sun from the point of view of where we are. You could be on the other side of the street and I could still see you. You need at least two observable points for the conjunction. What we are referring to here by mentioning the other side of the sun, is the dark side or behind the sun. No one knows what exists there. Some suggest that there is an alternative Earth or dimension, but again, that is actually unknown.
Predikuesi10 m ago

That only means the other side of the sun from the point of view of where …That only means the other side of the sun from the point of view of where we are. You could be on the other side of the street and I could still see you. You need at least two observable points for the conjunction. What we are referring to here by mentioning the other side of the sun, is the dark side or behind the sun. No one knows what exists there. Some suggest that there is an alternative Earth or dimension, but again, that is actually unknown.

Em yes it means the opposite side of the sun from us, obviously in that case it is from our point of view, from their point of view we are on the opposite side of the sun.

Some people have suggested an alternate earth, that theory has been going around for ages. Mostly in pseudoscientific circles.
CoeK3 m ago

Em yes it means the opposite side of the sun from us, obviously in that …Em yes it means the opposite side of the sun from us, obviously in that case it is from our point of view, from their point of view we are on the opposite side of the sun.Some people have suggested an alternate earth, that theory has been going around for ages. Mostly in pseudoscientific circles.

Ok. I'll leave that with you. Wikipedia hey
Predikuesi10 m ago

Ok. I'll leave that with you. Wikipedia hey

Not really sure what it is you are trying to say here.

It is obvious that the 2d model of the solar system leaves out a lot of the complexities that a 3d model shows. That doesn't mean planets aren't on the far side of the sun ie looking at the opposite side of the sun from us. The fact they aren't hidden is because they aren't on a 2d plane with the earth. They will appear either above or below the sun. Mercury gets closest to being hidden I believe.
Edited by: "CoeK" 19th Sep 2017
Predikuesi43 m ago

The vortex theory is the correct one otherwise some of the planets we see …The vortex theory is the correct one otherwise some of the planets we see at night or through a telescope would disappear for a time behind the sun. The fact that not a single planet ever travels to the other side of the sun suggests that they are all on this side; thus the vortex theory or similar if that term isn't acceptable. This in turn, as mentioned previously, means that most of the pictures in books, and the orbital mechanisms depicting the orbit of the planets, are incorrect. Of course, if anyone named even a single planet on the other side of the sun, the vortex theory might (in part) be questioned.

Predikuesi3 h, 7 m ago

I get looks as though I am dumb.

In this thread: HUKD users evolved into scientists in the blink of an eye.
Clearly we are descendents of the starship enterprise, which visited earth during series 3 episode 2
lumsdot37 m ago

Clearly we are descendents of the starship enterprise, which visited earth …Clearly we are descendents of the starship enterprise, which visited earth during series 3 episode 2

Don't be ridiculous, Erdogan miraculously gave birth to all living beings and gifted the world life anything else is a Western lie.
davewave6 m ago

Don't be ridiculous, Erdogan miraculously gave birth to all living beings …Don't be ridiculous, Erdogan miraculously gave birth to all living beings and gifted the world life anything else is a Western lie.

There are some on here that think evolution is "just a theory".
CoeK1 h, 37 m ago

There are some on here that think evolution is "just a theory".

32030159-TS8lp.jpg
That video is misleading, the speed of the sun moving through space and the rotation of the planets is way off, our solar system looks more like frisbee, if you mark 9 points on the radius of a frisbee for the planets and the Sun in the centre and then throw it you would get a better impression of how it would look.
coys676 m ago

That video is misleading, the speed of the sun moving through space and …That video is misleading, the speed of the sun moving through space and the rotation of the planets is way off, our solar system looks more like frisbee, if you mark 9 points on the radius of a frisbee for the planets and the Sun in the centre and then throw it you would get a better impression of how it would look.

The trails are left to give a false impression.
Predikuesi7 h, 11 m ago

It might be me being thick but i don't get what you are saying, when you say "the other side of the Sun" do you mean the side the Earth will be in six months from now, i.e. the opposite side of the Sun from where we are now?
coys6719 m ago

It might be me being thick but i don't get what you are saying, when you …It might be me being thick but i don't get what you are saying, when you say "the other side of the Sun" do you mean the side the Earth will be in six months from now, i.e. the opposite side of the Sun from where we are now?

The opposite side of the sun at any time during our orbit around it
Predikuesi17 m ago

The opposite side of the sun at any time during our orbit around it

The planets in our solar system all have different length years, some orbits will be measured in Earth months some measured in Earth years, at any one time there will be one or more of the known planets on the opposite side of the Sun from the Earth, i suppose there is a chance of an unknown planet opposite the Earth following the same orbit as us but that would be highly unlikely imo.
coys6730 m ago

The planets in our solar system all have different length years, some …The planets in our solar system all have different length years, some orbits will be measured in Earth months some measured in Earth years, at any one time there will be one or more of the known planets on the opposite side of the Sun from the Earth, i suppose there is a chance of an unknown planet opposite the Earth following the same orbit as us but that would be highly unlikely imo.

The point is that none of the known planets are ever on the other side of the sun to us. Astronomers are now stating that our galaxy is orbiting the sun enmasse, which is difficult to grasp because of the models presented to us in old text books and orreries. The video here explains the way I believe our sun and galaxy move through the universe.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 19th Sep 2017
Predikuesi2 m ago

The point is that none of the known planets are ever on the other side of …The point is that none of the known planets are ever on the other side of the sun to us. Astrologers are now stating that our galaxy is orbiting the sun enmasse, which is difficult to grasp because of the models presented to us in old text books and orreries. The video here explains the way I believe our sun and galaxy move through the universe.[Video]

You still stating this nonsense? They are often on the other side of the sun to us. This video is silly, it only looks the way it does because they leave a trail behind the movement. The planets and sun move together, any other motion is relative. Like throwing a ball on a train.

Astrologers lol.
CoeK10 m ago

You still stating this nonsense? They are often on the other side of the …You still stating this nonsense? They are often on the other side of the sun to us. This video is silly, it only looks the way it does because they leave a trail behind the movement. The planets and sun move together, any other motion is relative. Like throwing a ball on a train.Astrologers lol.

Stupid mistake on my part, the astrology part, but I think you know I meant astronomers. Thanks for the heads up on my error on that point

Please feel free to name one planet that is on the other side (unseen side) of the sun at this moment.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 19th Sep 2017
Predikuesi7 m ago

Stupid mistake on my part, the astrology part, but I think you know I …Stupid mistake on my part, the astrology part, but I think you know I meant astronomers. Thanks for the heads up on my error on that point

Astrologers state lots of stuff too. None of it good.

The solar system orbits the galaxy along with the rest of the stars. The galaxy is also moving in relation to other galaxies, mostly away from them. Andromeda will "hit" our galaxy at some point though and end up being a bigger galaxy.

That doesn't mean that the planets don't orbit the sun anymore than the fact we are sitting still in relation to the earth means the earth isn't spinning.
Predikuesi7 m ago

Stupid mistake on my part, the astrology part, but I think you know I …Stupid mistake on my part, the astrology part, but I think you know I meant astronomers. Thanks for the heads up on my error on that point Please feel free to name one planet that is on the other side (unseen side) of the sun at this moment.

The planets will be at a variety of sides of the sun. Mars will be the closest to the opposite side just now.
CoeK2 m ago

Astrologers state lots of stuff too. None of it good.The solar system …Astrologers state lots of stuff too. None of it good.The solar system orbits the galaxy along with the rest of the starts. The galaxy is also moving in relation to other galaxies, mostly away from them. Andromeda will "hit" our galaxy at some point though and end up being a bigger galaxy.That doesn't mean that the planets don't orbit the sun anymore than the fact we are sitting still in relation to the earth means the earth isn't spinning.

Rest of the starts? So easy to make mistakes on here
Predikuesi7 m ago

Stupid mistake on my part, the astrology part, but I think you know I …Stupid mistake on my part, the astrology part, but I think you know I meant astronomers. Thanks for the heads up on my error on that point Please feel free to name one planet that is on the other side (unseen side) of the sun at this moment.

Jupiter is on the opposite side of the Sun from us atm.

theskylive.com
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants